* Novafora relicenses Transmeta sparse copyrights under the MIT license
@ 2009-04-14 22:49 H. Peter Anvin
From: H. Peter Anvin @ 2009-04-14 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-sparse; +Cc: Robert Bedichek, Linus Torvalds

Hi all,

I just received a git tree from Robert Bedichek, VP of Engineering at
Novafora Corporation, which bought Transmeta Corporation earlier this year.

Novafora has agreed to relicense the copyrights in sparse that were
previously owned by Transmeta (i.e. the work Linus did before
2003-07-01) under the MIT license.

Git repository:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=devel/sparse/novafora/sparse.git;a=summary

Specific commit:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=devel/sparse/novafora/sparse.git;a=commitdiff;h=23525c14bc263d70165fedf469d35cdb31b0ac35

Thanks to Novafora, and special thanks to Robert for putting up with a
couple of snafus over the course of this.  From start to finish, this
took over half a year to actually make happen.

	-hpa

* Re: Novafora relicenses Transmeta sparse copyrights under the MIT license
@ 2009-04-15  0:06 ` Linus Torvalds
From: Linus Torvalds @ 2009-04-15  0:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: H. Peter Anvin; +Cc: linux-sparse, Robert Bedichek

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> Novafora has agreed to relicense the copyrights in sparse that were previously
> owned by Transmeta (i.e. the work Linus did before 2003-07-01) under the MIT
> license.
>
> Git repository:
>
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=devel/sparse/novafora/sparse.git;a=summary

That commit is also merged into my copy of sparse at

        http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/sparse.git;a=summary

but it's mixed in with some of my other local changes (warnings for weak
functions being used in the same compilation unit - it triggers a bug in
some gcc versions), so if you want just the relicensing it's probably
better to pull the 'Novafora' branch from the repo Peter points to.

Now, to actually relicense all of git we need to get all other authors to
agree, but I think we pretty much had that agreement already several years
ago. I'm certainly personally ok with just going with the MIT license, but
if people want something else, then obviously that license is compatible
with a lot of other open-source licenses..

		Linus

* Re: Novafora relicenses Transmeta sparse copyrights under the MIT license
@ 2009-04-15 12:25   ` Alexey Zaytsev
From: Alexey Zaytsev @ 2009-04-15 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds
  Cc: H. Peter Anvin, linux-sparse, Robert Bedichek, Christopher Li,
	Josh Triplett

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 04:06, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Apr 2009, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
>>
>> Novafora has agreed to relicense the copyrights in sparse that were previously
>> owned by Transmeta (i.e. the work Linus did before 2003-07-01) under the MIT
>> license.
>>
>> Git repository:
>>
>> http://git.kernel.org/?p=devel/sparse/novafora/sparse.git;a=summary

Excellent news. Congratulations to everyone and special thanks
to Peter and Robert.

Now, should all the contributors jump in and state their consent with
the relicensing? If so, for my modest contributions, you have it. While
personally preferring LGPL, I'm also ok with MIT.

> That commit is also merged into my copy of sparse at
>
>        http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/sparse.git;a=summary

You might already know, but just in case, there is a new sparse development
tree with some recent commits:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=devel/sparse/chrisl/sparse.git;a=summary

It probably should become the new official tree, if Josh and Christopher
do not mind.

* Re: Novafora relicenses Transmeta sparse copyrights under the MIT license
@ 2009-04-16  5:32     ` David Given
From: David Given @ 2009-04-16  5:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-sparse

* Re: Novafora relicenses Transmeta sparse copyrights under the MIT license
@ 2009-04-17 10:16     ` Christopher Li
From: Christopher Li @ 2009-04-17 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexey Zaytsev
  Cc: Linus Torvalds, H. Peter Anvin, linux-sparse, Robert Bedichek,
	Josh Triplett

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 5:25 AM, Alexey Zaytsev
<alexey.zaytsev@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 04:06, Linus Torvalds
> Excellent news. Congratulations to everyone and special thanks
> to Peter and Robert.
>
> Now, should all the contributors jump in and state their consent with
> the relicensing? If so, for my modest contributions, you have it. While
> personally preferring LGPL, I'm also ok with MIT.

Great news. I am fine with LGPL or MIT license.

> It probably should become the new official tree, if Josh and Christopher
> do not mind.

I think probably best let Josh decide what to do with it. He can pull from
my tree if he want. Either way I will keep doing what I am doing. There is not
much traffic on sparse any way. Al Viro makes most of the heavy
lifting now days.

Chris

* Re: Novafora relicenses Transmeta sparse copyrights under the MIT license
@ 2011-02-09 19:41       ` Dan Carpenter
From: Dan Carpenter @ 2011-02-09 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Li; +Cc: H. Peter Anvin, linux-sparse, Josh Triplett

I really would like to relicense Smatch.  Probably to GPL v2 or
higher.  What's the status of the Sparse relicensing?  Is anyone
working on this?  Should I start emailing people to get individual
sign-offs on using the MIT license?

regards,
dan carpenter

* Re: Novafora relicenses Transmeta sparse copyrights under the MIT license
@ 2011-02-09 20:05         ` H. Peter Anvin
From: H. Peter Anvin @ 2011-02-09 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Carpenter, Christopher Li; +Cc: linux-sparse, Josh Triplett

It happened years ago.

--
Sent from my mobile phone.  Please pardon any lack of formatting.

* Re: Novafora relicenses Transmeta sparse copyrights under the MIT license
@ 2011-02-09 20:06         ` H. Peter Anvin
From: H. Peter Anvin @ 2011-02-09 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Carpenter, Christopher Li; +Cc: linux-sparse, Josh Triplett

Oh, you mean other contributors...

--

@ 2013-11-06 16:14 ` Schrober
From: Schrober @ 2013-11-06 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-sparse; +Cc: Robert Bedichek, Christopher Li, H. Peter Anvin

On Tuesday 14 April 2009 15:49:52 H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just received a git tree from Robert Bedichek, VP of Engineering at
> Novafora Corporation, which bought Transmeta Corporation earlier this year.
>
> Novafora has agreed to relicense the copyrights in sparse that were
> previously owned by Transmeta (i.e. the work Linus did before
> 2003-07-01) under the MIT license.
>
> Git repository:
>
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=devel/sparse/novafora/sparse.git;a=summary
>
> Specific commit:
>
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=devel/sparse/novafora/sparse.git;a=commitdiff;h=235
> 25c14bc263d70165fedf469d35cdb31b0ac35

Does anyone still has this version? I cannot find it in the three sparse repos
[1,2,3] on git.kernel.org.

[1] https://git.kernel.org/cgit/devel/sparse/chrisl/sparse.git/commit/?id=23525c14bc263d70165fedf469d35cdb31b0ac35
[2] https://git.kernel.org/cgit/devel/sparse/sparse.git/commit/?id=23525c14bc263d70165fedf469d35cdb31b0ac35
[3] https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/viro/sparse.git/commit/?id=23525c14bc263d70165fedf469d35cdb31b0ac35
--
Franz Schrober

* Re: Novafora relicenses Transmeta sparse copyrights under the MIT license
@ 2013-11-06 17:16   ` H. Peter Anvin
From: H. Peter Anvin @ 2013-11-06 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Schrober, linux-sparse; +Cc: Robert Bedichek, Christopher Li, Josh Triplett

On 11/06/2013 08:14 AM, Schrober wrote:

> Does anyone still has this version? I cannot find it in the three sparse repos
> [1,2,3] on git.kernel.org.
>
> [1] https://git.kernel.org/cgit/devel/sparse/chrisl/sparse.git/commit/?id=23525c14bc263d70165fedf469d35cdb31b0ac35
> [2] https://git.kernel.org/cgit/devel/sparse/sparse.git/commit/?id=23525c14bc263d70165fedf469d35cdb31b0ac35
> [3] https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/viro/sparse.git/commit/?id=23525c14bc263d70165fedf469d35cdb31b0ac35

I have a copy; I have uploaded it to:

http://git.zytor.com/?p=users/hpa/sparse/sparse.git;a=commitdiff;h=23525c14bc263d70165fedf469d35cdb31b0ac35

It would be good if someone would not only pull this but merge it into
the master branch of the main sparse repo.

@ 2013-11-06 19:40     ` Christopher Li
From: Christopher Li @ 2013-11-06 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: H. Peter Anvin; +Cc: Schrober, Linux-Sparse, Robert Bedichek, Josh Triplett

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 9:16 AM, H. Peter Anvin <hpa@zytor.com> wrote:

> I have a copy; I have uploaded it to:
>
> http://git.zytor.com/?p=users/hpa/sparse/sparse.git;a=commitdiff;h=23525c14bc263d70165fedf469d35cdb31b0ac35
>
> It would be good if someone would not only pull this but merge it into
> the master branch of the main sparse repo.

Good idea. Let me do that.

Chris

* Re: Novafora relicenses Transmeta sparse copyrights under the MIT license
@ 2013-11-07  9:46       ` Schrober
                           ` (2 more replies)
From: Schrober @ 2013-11-07  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux-Sparse; +Cc: Christopher Li, Peter Anvin, Dan Carpenter

On Wednesday 06 November 2013 11:40:29 Christopher Li wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 9:16 AM, H. Peter Anvin <hpa@zytor.com> wrote:
> > I have a copy; I have uploaded it to:
> >
> > http://git.zytor.com/?p=users/hpa/sparse/sparse.git;a=commitdiff;h=23525c1
> > 4bc263d70165fedf469d35cdb31b0ac35
> >
> > It would be good if someone would not only pull this but merge it into
> > the master branch of the main sparse repo.
>
> Good idea. Let me do that.

Would be nice when you would do that or at least add a "relicense" branch to
have it available for the relicensing process.

The following Authors may have to be asked for their aggreement to relicense
their work under the MIT license. The data is gathered by checking the author
field between
1bcc92138dcdf718dc3e0c694565f56e669d6ee3..1c1a74106ea78f624105be6a9bb5d24268f38d91
(chrisl's sparse repo). At least I understood the idea behind this thread so [1].

Adam DiCarlo <bikko@us.ibm.com>
Alberto Bertogli <albertito@blitiri.com.ar>, <albertito@gmail.com>
Alecs King <alecsk@gmail.com>
Alexander Shishkin <alexander.shishckin@gmail.com>
Alexander Viro <viro@parcelfarce.linux.theplanet.co.uk>, <viro@www.linux.org.uk>
Alexey Dobriyan <adobriyan@gmail.com>, <adobriyan@mail.ru>
Al Viro <viro@ftp.linux.org.uk>, <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>, <viro@ZenIV.linux.org.uk>
Andries E. Brouwer <Andries.Brouwer@cwi.nl>
Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <acme@conectiva.com.br>, <acme@ghostprotocols.net>, <acme@parisc.kerneljanitors.org>
Atsushi Nemoto <anemo@mba.ocn.ne.jp>
Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org>
Ben Pfaff <blp@nicira.com>
Bernd Petrovitsch <bernd@sysprog.at>
Bernhard Fischer <berny.f@aon.at>
Blue Swirl <blauwirbel@gmail.com>
Chris Wedgwood <cw@f00f.org>
Damien Lespiau <damien.lespiau@gmail.com>
Dan Carpenter <error27@gmail.com>
Daniel De Graaf <danieldegraaf@gmail.com>
Dan McGee <dan@archlinux.org>
Dan Sheridan <djs@postman.org.uk>
Dave Jones <davej@redhat.com>
Dave Olien <dmo@osdl.org>
David Mosberger <davidm@napali.hpl.hp.com>
David S. Miller <davem@redhat.com>
Diego Elio Pettenò <flameeyes@gmail.com>
Emil Medve <Emilian.Medve@Freescale.com>
Ethan Jackson <ethan@nicira.com>
Florian Fainelli <f.fainelli@gmail.com>
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat@suse.com>
fzago@systemfabricworks.com <fzago@systemfabricworks.com>
Geoff Johnstone <geoff.johnstone@googlemail.com>
Hannes Eder <hannes@hanneseder.net>
James Westby <jw+debian@jameswestby.net>
Jan Pokorný <pokorny_jan@seznam.cz>
Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org>, <jgarzik@pobox.com>, <jgarzik@redhat.com>, <jlayton@redhat.com>
Jiri Slaby <jslaby@suse.cz>
Joel Soete <rubisher@scarlet.be>
Joe Perches <joe@perches.com>
Johannes Berg <johannes@sipsolutions.net>
Jonathan Neuschäfer <j.neuschaefer@gmx.net>
Kamil Dudka <kdudka@redhat.com>
Kim Phillips <kim.phillips@freescale.com>
KOSAKI Motohiro <kosaki.motohiro@gmail.com>
Kovarththanan Rajaratnam <krj@rajaratnam.dk>
Luc Van Oostenryck <lkml@looxix.net>, <luc.vanoostenryck@looxix.net>
Martin Nagy <nagy.martin@gmail.com>
Masatake YAMATO <yamato@redhat.com>
Mauro Dreissig <mukadr@gmail.com>
Michael Buesch <mb@bu3sch.de>
Michael Stefaniuc <mstefani@redhat.com>, <mstefaniuc@gmail.com>
Michael S. Tsirkin <mst@mellanox.co.il>
Mika Kukkonen <mikukkon@gmail.com>
Mike Frysinger <vapier.adi@gmail.com>, <vapier@gentoo.org>
Mitesh Shah <mshah@teja.com>
Morten Welinder <mortenw@gnome.org>
Morten Welinder <terra@gnome.org>
mshah@teja.com <mshah@teja.com>
Namhyung Kim <namhyung@gmail.com>
Nicolas Kaiser <nikai@nikai.net>
Oleg Nesterov <oleg@tv-sign.ru>
Pavel Roskin <proski@gnu.org>
Pekka Enberg <penberg@cs.helsinki.fi>, <penberg@kernel.org>
Peter Jones <pjones@redhat.com>
pj@ludd.ltu.se <pj@ludd.ltu.se>
Ralf.Wildenhues@gmx.de <Ralf.Wildenhues@gmx.de>
Ramsay Jones <ramsay@ramsay1.demon.co.uk>
Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap@oracle.com>, <rdunlap@infradead.org>
Reinhard Tartler <siretart@tauware.de>
ricknu-0@student.ltu.se <ricknu-0@student.ltu.se>
rmps@joel.ist.utl.pt <rmps@joel.ist.utl.pt>
Rob Taylor <rob.taylor@codethink.co.uk>
Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>
Samuel Bronson <naesten@gmail.com>
santtu.hyrkko@gmail.com <santtu.hyrkko@gmail.com>
Shakthi Kannan <shakthimaan@gmail.com>
Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@osdl.org>
terra@gnome.org <terra@gnome.org>
Thomas Schmid <Thomas.Schmid@br-automation.com>
Tilman Sauerbeck <tilman@code-monkey.de>
Vegard Nossum <vegardno@ifi.uio.no>
viro@ZenIV.linux.org.uk <viro@ZenIV.linux.org.uk>
welinder@anemone.rentec.com <welinder@anemone.rentec.com>, <welinder@darter.rentec.com>, <welinder@troll.com>
Xi Wang <xi.wang@gmail.com>
Yura Pakhuchiy <pakhuchiy@gmail.com>

Already aggreed:

Linus Torvalds <torvalds@evo.osdl.org>, <torvalds@g5.osdl.org>, <torvalds@home.osdl.org>, <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>, <torvalds@newtove.osdl.org>, <torvalds@ppc970.osdl.org>, <torvalds@tove.osdl.org>, <torvalds@woody.linux-foundation.org>
 * http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.parsers.sparse/1800
Alexey Zaytsev <alexey.zaytsev@gmail.com>
 * http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.parsers.sparse/1801
Christopher Li <chrisl@vmware.com>, <sparse@chrisli.org>
 * http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.parsers.sparse/1803
David Given <dg@cowlark.com>
 * http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.parsers.sparse/1802
Josh Triplett <josh@freedesktop.org>, <josh@joshtriplett.org>, <josh@kernel.org>, <josht@us.ibm.com>, <josht@vnet.ibm.com>
 * (semi) http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.parsers.sparse/1879

Some of them may not have be really asked because their contributions is not
copyrightable. But having their consent is still prefered.

Can Dan Carpenter sync his list and let us know what the state of the
relicense agreement gathering [2] is?

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.parsers.sparse/1799
[2] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.parsers.sparse/2499
--
Franz Schrober

[-- Attachment #2: relicense.bundle --]
[-- Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"; name="relicense.bundle", Size: 1757 bytes --]

# v2 git bundle
-1bcc92138dcdf718dc3e0c694565f56e669d6ee3 Do a proper scope allocator, don't use the "bytes" allocator that doesn't have any alignment guarantees.
23525c14bc263d70165fedf469d35cdb31b0ac35 refs/heads/license

PACK\0\0\0\x02\0\0\0\x03\x1cxœ¥ÁJÅ0\x10E÷ùŠYê¢%mÚ´\x11\x11ÑÕ\x13\x14‘÷\x03ÉdÒ\x16_“’¦JÿÞ,žŠ¸\x11\Ípçrfî¤H\x04ë¹ä
­©9w¢•œªºé{N\x16‘cÝ9k\x1aì^[¶èH>Ae\x10U]‰Þ¢u]•‹ ŽR5­l]+IJe%‘`zKcˆð\x12\fÅ\x04wd'\x1cé\x15®£9··>¼i\x17¢.1Ì7PÕBuBɶ‡‚wœ³¬ÎSJô\x1f\x06{:Ïá4!ù•`ˆ:§ØÖÉ\x0fðx8~êåoë
‡gÈÂLñ´Cx÷dÁìpÌ€u¦¤á>Ä%ûÓ\x14<lÞæCÓH? \0\x17_Ôe‹8ê5C¾	\x0fÚo:f¸ƒü}U^2¶NC^T\x04ç
߈S˜þ¥ä–µÂ¹›`%\x13Ý•\x19M&f+\x02‰^% ±A\x15H\S\a\x12ÿ€Äd5F ôd/F\x05 ™\r&{\x18Õ€äfF âÉ×ÀäOF\r ©Ä\x04b»‚É\f&Þ	L ½[Àä\r0ù‡	¤R•Y\x13Hú3+)\x01\x1dX’Ÿš—Y•ª—ÌPÝǸ¹æe_àöƒS¿Zôajágþ\x18\0\x1eDN\x10ðh™¡+\98÷ŽÑI—»·c2peßp•xœmUMoÛ8\x10=/ÿÃ\x02ƒœÚBˆóÑx×½)6\x1d³•%C’“Í‘–Æ\x16^[Y4H*FNú\x11ûGö¿õÐk‡²M\x16\v\b\x16DrÞ{óf†þ±ü¹êX¬ŸåZ^[	cmvôvJ7\x01ض(ÐZm@5ô84h\x1d8\r¹‘Ý¢{\x7fžUt`õ\x02µ*°±hA6/@»~Ó‚^ƒ«\x10vFoŒÜ™ÝIcñ,\0	Ý\x18,neãTÁúU\x13\0©}¥Šª*ôîŨMå(\x1eŸ•nmý\x02{i¡Âº\x04â|UÄÞ("\x01å\x11dOÒ|¬ÅÆùlŠ
‹'Õ°ËUQŒº«Ëë?Ë¢\ÿqI¯k¼(†£Ï7ÛõÍ\x10‡ÃQ9D¼†½r\x15\x01‚l]Eڜڒ\x19r»ƒR:d”Ý׶A¸ú\x1cÀÕÅÅõ)ݍr`p§­rÚ¼€tŒV¾\f\x06ô{þ„¦Áú\›n3ص«-¶ƒ\x12Ÿ±\x1e\x1c¼9¾Î=\x06¥jÐ\x19EÛ%è†Í¥¡¬.{²Q\0mS¢é	׺®õ^5›S\x19¾0²ääÞ‡âãAÞ»
þv2Œý=úô{Gæ^[DŸAQI³ÁÀ—¼¯%\x1aK®ê•“ªñ\x14’ùÂ\x1crU\x16¬^»½$£½ï’\x1a§PäM	¥.Ú-\x19\x7f(ÊZÕÔ^[\x1fH,;ËŽ\x11g\x1f{’\x12e\r\x1d•ÇgrÚë×­÷Ñ’\x03Å¡7USÔmI"Øi»V[u¤ðá}ÂÖ£¶–RðB\x03ØêR­ý^[û¼ÈõZÙ*`¥òЫÖÑbgýjï]à3\x19Pµ-Öµ‡PøÚÈ'yý\x19¢aä\x0e	8šÔ\x13ï+½}Ÿ
™´nMCœXö	k2Í\x0fÚê;\x16~´˜«º·E,tSª~€¨Ž9AÉ•~~;\x0f¦©98Þ× Wa­wá¸e+IâWx´\fKF\x06Ë7ù\x18ÏO½LóGöïºÿLìIü9	˜qÈ’iþ\x10¦\x1cD\x06‹4¹\x17\x13>³0£o\x1aæ\a‘Ï’e\x0et"\rãü\x11’)„ñ#|\x13ñ$\0þ×"åYÆ’\x14Ä|\x11	Nk"\x1eGˉˆïà–ââ$ï \x12s‘\x13jž€g<b	ž\x11\x1a›ót<£ÏðVD"\x7f\f`*ò˜@aJ¨!,Â4\x17ãe\x14¦°X¦‹$ãÄ?!ÜXÄÓ”høœÇù9\x131­\x01¿§\x0fÈfa\x14õTá2ŸuIJD)Œ“Åc*îf9Ì’hÂiñ–“´ð6â\a®ø‘£PÌ\x03˜„óðŽ÷Q	Á¤ý±£¼‡\x19ï—ˆ0¤gœ‹$ö®Œ“8Oé3`y’毡\x0f¢Ëx\0a*2ïÉ4M\bß;J!IB1?Àx·½nöZ\x14:âóXfü_1\x13\x1eF„•ùà·\x15¤‚²T¯Ð8¸Å’nI|b÷ªøŽ° QS¥¿*©\ax³Q\r¢ñ³ö\x7fÿ\x13,£[ñ«öÓ2\x0eY¸3ª†ËÃ58b‡¦ÕÔ«ª¡æò³\x7fìnßÐÿüøô\vÞª%ùcÿ\x15ûþ³+é፳XKÄ¥©Kرù

* Re: Novafora relicenses Transmeta sparse copyrights under the MIT license
@ 2013-11-07 10:01         ` Dan Carpenter
       [not found]         ` <20131107212415.GV26669@mwanda>
From: Dan Carpenter @ 2013-11-07 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Schrober
  Cc: Linux-Sparse, Christopher Li, Peter Anvin, Dan Carpenter, Josh Triplett

Thanks for doing this.  A lot of those I have already.  Let me send you
what I have so far later today.

regards,
dan carpenter

* Re: Novafora relicenses Transmeta sparse copyrights under the MIT license
@ 2013-11-07 11:04           ` Michael Stefaniuc
From: Michael Stefaniuc @ 2013-11-07 11:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Carpenter
  Cc: Schrober, Linux-Sparse, Christopher Li, Peter Anvin,
	Dan Carpenter, Josh Triplett

On 11/07/2013 11:01 AM, Dan Carpenter wrote:
> Thanks for doing this.  A lot of those I have already.  Let me send you
> what I have so far later today.
Actually I remember to have seen this exercise before.

Afair I have already given my consent before even though most likely my
changes aren't substantial to count.

bye
	michael
--
Michael Stefaniuc                           Tel.: +49-711-96437-199
Supervisor, APAC/EMEA IT Network            Fax.: +49-711-96437-111

* Re: Novafora relicenses Transmeta sparse copyrights under the MIT license
@ 2013-11-07 16:18         ` Randy Dunlap
       [not found]         ` <20131107212415.GV26669@mwanda>
From: Randy Dunlap @ 2013-11-07 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Schrober, Linux-Sparse; +Cc: Christopher Li, Peter Anvin, Dan Carpenter

On 11/07/13 01:46, Schrober wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 November 2013 11:40:29 Christopher Li wrote:
>> On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 9:16 AM, H. Peter Anvin <hpa@zytor.com> wrote:
>>> I have a copy; I have uploaded it to:
>>>
>>> http://git.zytor.com/?p=users/hpa/sparse/sparse.git;a=commitdiff;h=23525c1
>>> 4bc263d70165fedf469d35cdb31b0ac35
>>>
>>> It would be good if someone would not only pull this but merge it into
>>> the master branch of the main sparse repo.
>>
>> Good idea. Let me do that.
>
> Would be nice when you would do that or at least add a "relicense" branch to
> have it available for the relicensing process.
>
> The following Authors may have to be asked for their aggreement to relicense
> their work under the MIT license. The data is gathered by checking the author
> field between
> 1bcc92138dcdf718dc3e0c694565f56e669d6ee3..1c1a74106ea78f624105be6a9bb5d24268f38d91
> (chrisl's sparse repo). At least I understood the idea behind this thread so [1].
>
> Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap@oracle.com>

I agree to relicense under the MIT license.

thanks,
--
~Randy

* Re: Novafora relicenses Transmeta sparse copyrights under the MIT license
       [not found]         ` <20131107212415.GV26669@mwanda>
@ 2013-11-08 16:13           ` Schrober
                               ` (5 more replies)
From: Schrober @ 2013-11-08 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Carpenter; +Cc: Linux-Sparse

On Friday 08 November 2013 00:24:15 Dan Carpenter wrote:
> I have attached a tar ball of people who agreed to the relicense.
>
> It's really late here so I can help you go through it tomorrow if you
> have any questions.

Sorry your mail ended up inside the spam folder and I've only monitored the
mailing list [1] for your mail.

The people which need extra work to get their changes relicensed under the MIT
are

 * Adam DiCarlo <bikko@us.ibm.com>
   minor enhancement 8ea2cc615de7546d057fe0ed8ab2f7af278e6b2c
 * Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org>
   minor bugfix 9c2ffd7b21e8e880243eaec40e9dbc66651b085c
 * Chris Wedgwood <cw@f00f.org>
   minor bugfixes 8fae62236344076f8f0113ed21bedaf45ccec43d
    dc4240e8b621ada294409782128e6d393b622cd1
 * Ethan Jackson <ethan@nicira.com>
   minor fix b0b4886be5f668959b8c75c9c811059e07b1073a
 * Frederic Crozat <fcrozat@suse.com>
   minor addition 8ab3b11aa5cf9f68e374fc297d4f285a65e706a1
 * James Westby <jw+debian@jameswestby.net>
   minor fixes 34ac7df96dd9609d684b0c949a52bc07ab1fd8b5
    006eff06c7adcfb0d06c6fadf6e9b64f0488b2bf
 * Jan Pokorný <pokorny_jan@seznam.cz>
   minor fixes 955cd225d2e3ee708e20de825eca82c8797897fd
    695dd9d068dd2316b92706d174df9e30c1e71dcf
   minor cleanups 05e666547ee05acadf7fed2d1fc9967c27739e9a
    7988e483ef47abb97004d7fb7f72b7037aa06bb6
    0c7d6bffbccead5fdf0897d575b12e389496c9d7
    b21baf0cce7b2a6c949577952dd159f1c9357d6b
 * Joe Perches <joe@perches.com>
   add of --version bcdb5ee5a83fbe2779cc6e49ab1fa87c50a20805
 * Kim Phillips <kim.phillips@freescale.com>
   minor fix 8e42bac6efcb047a2b3d812e42c00f82e3b8a984
 * KOSAKI Motohiro <kosaki.motohiro@gmail.com>
   minor fixes 0a04210cc856267d8371592dc55f8b8bb7596ecc
    2313167a83c397e8acc14d10706a7235f60fc497
 * Kovarththanan Rajaratnam <krj@rajaratnam.dk>
   minor fix ed450b3079832a4c92d0ba2110e4e9efd35ed339
 * Luc Van Oostenryck <lkml@looxix.net>, <luc.vanoostenryck@looxix.net>
   minor fixes 98346fe1671f052d4b2c7b36229235c64bb31a32
    aa163fa6869f050cd157afef23b82cc3bc14cb61
    269bcb9b9334057928d9c6eebd8555c88ebd3f2d
    0947976f74810d492fea90a4ddcd0f2d36ded535
    3ff22243cbc38719ab16d8c1f25605892337012b
    2cec905cb5d11e5b3a928f1038788d7c23a1cc33
    409eab7c1a8f1bd76d2a56428d01ad9d5938fb14
    fbaf5e4bc98b95d9350495a51bc89e4e7dddba4c
    e2559ab1f5d44c4708c60ff8cae240a854b56d34
    0feb9170ed4aad6a2c54f2850eb3d845cde77845
    d225b6dbdd931411ffb4bbf96ea2567ce572a9c4
    260a278aefde836683ea9a7e68f3983030338f39
    fafb86f96d323c9b23e8519987adc195e031f456
    faa939b386004bdb1c2aaf277f6fb7ac333f89d3
    98346fe1671f052d4b2c7b36229235c64bb31a32
    3ce2538d18c6bad49bc1acfbe41375fc54f3e0ad
    4cebb70b009aa80b63115c6bbae7428bcf17b652
    5213bc46472b1181aa6111b5d4814a0fbca69282
   rewrite 6690a7f7a4fbd4cd606e01b7feef678058cf4635
   add 4c520e1ad243ed347dfc0e1f8c6e3dec19994f42
    ca682df2d73399c4d24d4400cc1a06c9dfc79477
 * Masatake YAMATO <yamato@redhat.com>
   minor addition 3b1e38c703f8a3daea26b7d201442d8e74bbe199
    92c321cfd154a328d3bf0ce0e8b325cf1f70b1d0
    c3430e57bc57ff40d5ce95ef2d26b8d70346f58f
 * Mauro Dreissig <mukadr@gmail.com>
   minor fix 7a1da692083c1d9d2e604df89ed553fd2ede9907
 * Peter Jones <pjones@redhat.com>
   minor fix ce4b69f9e7878a7c7041b5f9cee587ed0d82e8cf
 * Peter A Jonsson <pj@ludd.ltu.se>
   minor fix fd59b219733d711b36ac70038fcb7496e4501920
 * Richard Knutsson <ricknu-0@student.ltu.se>
   minor refactoring cd4288f195f11f6c0a78bca03db009a0494da7cc
    318447b069ba9e9a403ca764be7e3924d2121142
    5b0858930b6a1097dbda6ceef6764070a73fd923
   minor fix 58af88c40f307476ffa482ed16b5e0586fea1b6f
 * rmps@joel.ist.utl.pt <rmps@joel.ist.utl.pt>
   minor fix 6f593900adbe226fbf55d5095d20e15c8fbc2304
 * Santtu Hyrkk^[,Av^[(B <santtu.hyrkko@gmail.com>
   minor fix 0c62759dd20ef959b01679413b475a9b5e226e4e
 * Shakthi Kannan <shakthimaan@gmail.com>
   manpage additions 970d7169d75068146152ba01a66381c800dbeb71
 * Xi Wang <xi.wang@gmail.com>
   minor fixes c0296d71405a97349d82e9909cad82a2af3271c2
    99bdda1a38a6e3622cb72f422b2fb05045c29df7
    469e5d6ea3353fb3039747f52fb506c9ba983d8b
    317876877c7c818c5cfd69da7bb45174b6ddadd4
    5b950a99d4a81db8581741def3ea6acf05b0b493
    4858eafe71ea9cd6e61a8ee2883e2cde28430f20
    bf6b5e73f4884270eb14dace0ba3598b9dc61b24
    0830fefd080cb921e89e4dae847803f3ed6efdd4
    f79914429cb466d1085a2a6204b38101ca75c608
    652eb801d2141b57dca3215e71c55e8356b407a2
    afa3245c069c532f3a88bf0053113c54480a1c1d
    4c982e9d3c6827afb529c7c7ce7fbe987eac24c6
  larger additions/fixes(?) 08d9fbaeda48e20a76206d550ac5ab5b2c60d99e
   e33b721d954a0c59ca1c09e75ec0657e0c3e0391
   b17550b274916fc5a4b6f89a3f95572e6f9bce7f
   0448f78f5fae84b8a9c1358129a03ea24e593b34
   64a6b4c61faa23c40a402656d044141a669965a3

Please keep in mind that the minor just says "propably not copyrightable" and
not "nobody cares about this contribution". Every contribution is good.

The biggest "problem" seems to be Luc Van Oostenryck. Are we sure he is still
alive? Because I have problems finding some working address for him. Maybe
someone could try to contact him through linkedin or some other form.

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.parsers.sparse/1799
--
Franz Schrober

* Re: Novafora relicenses Transmeta sparse copyrights under the MIT license
@ 2013-11-08 16:21             ` Frederic Crozat
                               ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: Frederic Crozat @ 2013-11-08 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Schrober; +Cc: Dan Carpenter, Linux-Sparse

Le vendredi 08 novembre 2013 à 17:13 +0100, Schrober a écrit :
> On Friday 08 November 2013 00:24:15 Dan Carpenter wrote:
> > I have attached a tar ball of people who agreed to the relicense.
> >
> > It's really late here so I can help you go through it tomorrow if you
> > have any questions.
>
> Sorry your mail ended up inside the spam folder and I've only monitored the
> mailing list [1] for your mail.
>
> The people which need extra work to get their changes relicensed under the MIT
> are

<snip>

>  * Frederic Crozat <fcrozat@suse.com>
>    minor addition 8ab3b11aa5cf9f68e374fc297d4f285a65e706a1

I'm fine with the relicensing

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat@suse.com>
SUSE

* Re: Novafora relicenses Transmeta sparse copyrights under the MIT license
@ 2013-11-08 16:35             ` Peter Jones
                               ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Peter Jones @ 2013-11-08 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Schrober; +Cc: Dan Carpenter, Linux-Sparse

On Fri, Nov 08, 2013 at 05:13:08PM +0100, Schrober wrote:

> The people which need extra work to get their changes relicensed under the MIT
> are
>  * Peter Jones <pjones@redhat.com>
>    minor fix ce4b69f9e7878a7c7041b5f9cee587ed0d82e8cf

I have no problem with relicensing this to MIT.
--
        Peter

* Re: Novafora relicenses Transmeta sparse copyrights under the MIT license
@ 2013-11-08 17:13             ` Pekka Enberg
                               ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Pekka Enberg @ 2013-11-08 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Schrober, Xi Wang; +Cc: Dan Carpenter, Linux-Sparse

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 6:13 PM, Schrober <franzschrober@yahoo.de> wrote:
>  * Xi Wang <xi.wang@gmail.com>
>    minor fixes c0296d71405a97349d82e9909cad82a2af3271c2
>     99bdda1a38a6e3622cb72f422b2fb05045c29df7
>     469e5d6ea3353fb3039747f52fb506c9ba983d8b
>     317876877c7c818c5cfd69da7bb45174b6ddadd4
>     5b950a99d4a81db8581741def3ea6acf05b0b493
>     4858eafe71ea9cd6e61a8ee2883e2cde28430f20
>     bf6b5e73f4884270eb14dace0ba3598b9dc61b24
>     0830fefd080cb921e89e4dae847803f3ed6efdd4
>     f79914429cb466d1085a2a6204b38101ca75c608
>     652eb801d2141b57dca3215e71c55e8356b407a2
>     afa3245c069c532f3a88bf0053113c54480a1c1d
>     4c982e9d3c6827afb529c7c7ce7fbe987eac24c6
>   larger additions/fixes(?) 08d9fbaeda48e20a76206d550ac5ab5b2c60d99e
>    e33b721d954a0c59ca1c09e75ec0657e0c3e0391
>    b17550b274916fc5a4b6f89a3f95572e6f9bce7f
>    0448f78f5fae84b8a9c1358129a03ea24e593b34
>    64a6b4c61faa23c40a402656d044141a669965a3

I assume most of those belong to Sparse/LLVM. Xi, any objections to
relicensing them under the MIT license?

                             Pekka

* Re: Novafora relicenses Transmeta sparse copyrights under the MIT license
                               ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2013-11-08 17:27             ` Dan Carpenter
From: Dan Carpenter @ 2013-11-08 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Schrober, Josh Triplett; +Cc: Linux-Sparse

Luc Van Oostenryck was Josh's summer of code student.  Josh volunteered
at Kernel Summit to try find him.  :)

Jan Pokorný agreed to the relicense.  I'll send that to you.

regards,
dan carpenter

* Re: Novafora relicenses Transmeta sparse copyrights under the MIT license
                               ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2013-11-08 18:00             ` Dan Carpenter
From: Dan Carpenter @ 2013-11-08 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Schrober, Josh Triplett; +Cc: Linux-Sparse

Actually it was Richard Knutsson who was the Summer of Code student.

I have messaged Luc Van Oostenryck on facebook.

regards,
dan carpenter

* Re: Novafora relicenses Transmeta sparse copyrights under the MIT license
                               ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2013-11-09  8:23             ` Schrober
                                 ` (2 more replies)
From: Schrober @ 2013-11-09  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux-Sparse; +Cc: Dan Carpenter

On Friday 08 November 2013 17:13:08 Schrober wrote:
> The people which need extra work to get their changes relicensed under the
> MIT are

I have shortened the list to remove the persons which aggreed to a license
change of sparse from the problematic OSL 1.1 to the MIT license. I've also
added alternative mail addresses for people which changed their address

The biggest show stopper for a license change is Xi Wang <xi.wang@gmail.com>.

 * Adam DiCarlo <bikko@us.ibm.com> [alt: aph@debian.org,
    adam.dicarlo@gmail.com, adam@f2it.com]
    [alt: kovarththanan.rajaratnam@gmail.com]
 * Rui Saraiva <rmps@joel.ist.utl.pt> [alt: rmps@mail.pt,
    rmps@digital.ist.utl.pt]
   minor fix 6f593900adbe226fbf55d5095d20e15c8fbc2304
 * Santtu Hyrkk^[,Av^[(B <santtu.hyrkko@gmail.com>
   minor fix 0c62759dd20ef959b01679413b475a9b5e226e4e
 * Shakthi Kannan <shakthimaan@gmail.com>
   manpage additions 970d7169d75068146152ba01a66381c800dbeb71
 * Xi Wang <xi.wang@gmail.com>
   minor fixes c0296d71405a97349d82e9909cad82a2af3271c2
    99bdda1a38a6e3622cb72f422b2fb05045c29df7
    469e5d6ea3353fb3039747f52fb506c9ba983d8b
    317876877c7c818c5cfd69da7bb45174b6ddadd4
    5b950a99d4a81db8581741def3ea6acf05b0b493
    4858eafe71ea9cd6e61a8ee2883e2cde28430f20
    bf6b5e73f4884270eb14dace0ba3598b9dc61b24
    0830fefd080cb921e89e4dae847803f3ed6efdd4
    f79914429cb466d1085a2a6204b38101ca75c608
    652eb801d2141b57dca3215e71c55e8356b407a2
    afa3245c069c532f3a88bf0053113c54480a1c1d
    4c982e9d3c6827afb529c7c7ce7fbe987eac24c6
  larger additions/fixes(?) 08d9fbaeda48e20a76206d550ac5ab5b2c60d99e
   e33b721d954a0c59ca1c09e75ec0657e0c3e0391
   b17550b274916fc5a4b6f89a3f95572e6f9bce7f
   0448f78f5fae84b8a9c1358129a03ea24e593b34
   64a6b4c61faa23c40a402656d044141a669965a3

> Please keep in mind that the minor just says "propably not copyrightable"
> and not "nobody cares about this contribution". Every contribution is good.

Already a big thanks to all the people which are helping to hopefully get this
license change happening after so many years. And to everyone I've BCCed,
please check whether you aggree to a license change and reply to this mail
like the other people [2] who were asked.

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.parsers.sparse/1799
[2] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.parsers.sparse/3466
--
Franz Schrober

* Re: Novafora relicenses Transmeta sparse copyrights under the MIT license
@ 2013-11-09  8:27               ` Joe Perches
       [not found]               ` <CANeU7QmPf-ELk7b1C5AZ6xU7Rns2-ZR9VYCdVG8FTHi43Kopig@mail.gmail.com>
From: Joe Perches @ 2013-11-09  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Schrober; +Cc: Linux-Sparse, Dan Carpenter

On Sat, 2013-11-09 at 09:23 +0100, Schrober wrote:
>  * Joe Perches <joe@perches.com>
>    add of --version bcdb5ee5a83fbe2779cc6e49ab1fa87c50a20805

MIT license is fine with me.

* Re: Novafora relicenses Transmeta sparse copyrights under the MIT license
@ 2013-11-09 19:42               ` Adam DiCarlo
       [not found]               ` <CANeU7QmPf-ELk7b1C5AZ6xU7Rns2-ZR9VYCdVG8FTHi43Kopig@mail.gmail.com>
From: Adam DiCarlo @ 2013-11-09 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux-Sparse

Hello,

I agree with the license change.

My current emails: adam@bikko.org, adam.dicarlo@gmail.com

My former emails: bikko@us.ibm.com, adam@f2it.com

aph@debian.org is not me -- it's a different Adam Di Carlo.

Adam J. DiCarlo

@ 2013-11-11  3:58                 ` Christopher Li
From: Christopher Li @ 2013-11-11  3:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Schrober; +Cc: Linux-Sparse, Dan Carpenter, Xi Wang

Hi,

I receive reply from Xi Wang. He is fine with the MIT license change.
I quote his email here.

On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 6:51 PM, Xi Wang <xi.wang@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sure MIT license sounds good.  How/where
> should I ack the patches?

Chris

* Re: Novafora relicenses Transmeta sparse copyrights under the MIT license
@ 2013-11-14 23:33               ` Jan Pokorný
From: Jan Pokorný @ 2013-11-14 23:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Schrober; +Cc: Dan Carpenter, Josh Triplett, Linux-Sparse

On 11/08/2013 06:27 PM, Dan Carpenter wrote:
> Jan Pokorný agreed to the relicense.

That's it.

--
Jan