* [CFP LPC 2022] Kernel Memory Management Microconference
@ 2022-05-24 20:48 Vlastimil Babka
From: Vlastimil Babka @ 2022-05-24 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux-MM layout; +Cc: LKML, Matthew Wilcox, Mike Rapoport

Hi,

this year there will be a brand new

	Kernel Memory Management Microconference

co-lead by Matthew Wilcox and myself at the Linux Plumbers Conference
(LPC), September 12-14, Dublin, Ireland, or remotely.

This microconference supplements the recently concluded LSF/MM event
by providing an opportunity to discuss current topics with a different
audience, in a different location, and at a different time of year.
We would like to discuss current problems in memory management,
for example:

	* Multi-generational LRU vs traditional LRU

	* Do we need three different slab allocators?

	* How far do we take the folio conversion?

	* Can we handle page pinning and page mapcount more
	  effectively?

	* How can we effectively cache reflinked files?

	* Can we support 1GB pages other than through hugetlbfs?

	* How should we handle memory failures better?

Please submit your proposals at:

	https://lpc.events/event/16/abstracts/

and select "Kernel Memory Management MC" as the track.
Please do that by the 1st of July to allow us to plan the schedule on time.

We're looking forward to your proposals and seeing you either in Dublin
or virtually!

Thanks,
Vlastimil

* Re: [CFP LPC 2022] Kernel Memory Management Microconference
@ 2022-06-27 10:43 ` Vlastimil Babka
From: Vlastimil Babka @ 2022-06-27 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux-MM layout; +Cc: LKML, Matthew Wilcox, Mike Rapoport

Hi,

this is a reminder to submit your proposals as the deadline is approaching
quickly! And thanks to all who already submitted.

Vlastimil