* Multiconfig dependency
@ 2022-03-17 20:29 Oleh Kravchenko
From: Oleh Kravchenko @ 2022-03-17 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hello guys!
Could you please help me with Multiconfig setup?

I’ve "default" configuration with SystemD by default.
And "initramfs" configuration with Busybox and other settings.

I use next targets/recipes with initramfs configuration:
1. core-image-rootfs - packs core-image-minimal ext4 image to debian
package;
2. initramfs-flasher-image - image that has core-image-rootfs;

Default configuration:
1. core-image-minimal - main rootfs;
2. flasher - packs initramfs-flasher-image squashfs image to debian package;
3. app-flasher - special application that has inside squashfs file from
flasher package.

Everything works fine if I do clean build.
If I change somethings for core-image-minial (like IMAGE_INSTALL), it
builds core-image-minial only:

> bitbake app-flasher
But no updates for core-image-rootfs, initramfs-flasher-image, flasher
and app-flasher.

Here how my multiconfig dependency in core-image-rootfs.bb:

 > do_install[mcdepends] =
"mc:initramfs::core-image-minimal:do_image_complete"

* Re: Multiconfig dependency
@ 2022-03-19 21:20 ` Oleh Kravchenko
From: Oleh Kravchenko @ 2022-03-19 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: JPEWhacker; +Cc: yocto

Hello Joshua,
Could you please help me with multiconfig?

Currently I've found this workaround:
 > do_install[nostamp] = "1"

For all tasks that have "do_install[mcdepends]".

17.03.22 22:29, Oleh Kravchenko пише:
> Hello guys!
> Could you please help me with Multiconfig setup?
>
> I’ve "default" configuration with SystemD by default.
> And "initramfs" configuration with Busybox and other settings.
>
> I use next targets/recipes with initramfs configuration:
> 1. core-image-rootfs - packs core-image-minimal ext4 image to debian
> package;
> 2. initramfs-flasher-image - image that has core-image-rootfs;
>
> Default configuration:
> 1. core-image-minimal - main rootfs;
> 2. flasher - packs initramfs-flasher-image squashfs image to debian
> package;
> 3. app-flasher - special application that has inside squashfs file from
> flasher package.
>
> Everything works fine if I do clean build.
> If I change somethings for core-image-minial (like IMAGE_INSTALL), it
> builds core-image-minial only:
>
>> bitbake app-flasher
> But no updates for core-image-rootfs, initramfs-flasher-image, flasher
> and app-flasher.
>
> Here how my multiconfig dependency in core-image-rootfs.bb:
>
>  > do_install[mcdepends] =
> "mc:initramfs::core-image-minimal:do_image_complete"

* Re: [yocto] Multiconfig dependency
@ 2022-03-21  6:02 ` Manuel Wagesreither
From: Manuel Wagesreither @ 2022-03-21  6:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oleh Kravchenko, yocto

Hi Oleh,

Am Do, 17. Mär 2022, um 21:29, schrieb Oleh Kravchenko:
>  do_install[mcdepends] = "mc:initramfs::core-image-minimal:do_image_complete"

I have zero practical experience with multiconfig, but isn't this missing one argument?

See here:

https://github.com/JPEWdev/meta-multiconfig-demos/blob/main/recipes-misc/arthur-embed/arthur-embed.bb#L21https://youtu.be/YvtlGjWrL-M?list=PLD4M5FoHz-TwWYbaJwduH8ZYNYvva76QQ&t=5030

Regards,
Manuel

* Re: [yocto] Multiconfig dependency
@ 2022-03-21  9:57   ` Oleh Kravchenko
From: Oleh Kravchenko @ 2022-03-21  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manuel Wagesreither; +Cc: yocto

Hello Manuel,
Thank you for your reply.

It isn't missing.
Here is a cut from manual:

A "default" configuration already exists by definition. This
configuration is named: "" (i.e. empty string) and is defined by the
variables coming from your local.conf file.

21.03.22 08:02, Manuel Wagesreither пише: