* How to know the completion of SCSI scan?
@ 2009-07-09  8:54 谢纲
From: 谢纲 @ 2009-07-09  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-scsi

Hello,

Some FC HBA drivers scan luns asynchronously. So, the init of these
driver modules will return before the completion of scsi scan. If
other drivers depend on the completion of the scanning of the Luns,
how do they get the information?

Xie Gang

* Re: How to know the completion of SCSI scan?
@ 2009-07-10 20:20 ` Matthew Wilcox
From: Matthew Wilcox @ 2009-07-10 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ??????; +Cc: linux-scsi

On Thu, Jul 09, 2009 at 04:54:59PM +0800, ?????? wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Some FC HBA drivers scan luns asynchronously. So, the init of these
> driver modules will return before the completion of scsi scan. If
> other drivers depend on the completion of the scanning of the Luns,
> how do they get the information?

They should call scsi_complete_async_scans()

--
Matthew Wilcox				Intel Open Source Technology Centre
a retrograde step."