* meta-fsl-ppc - layer.conf issues
@ 2014-08-05 10:09 Richard Purdie
From: Richard Purdie @ 2014-08-05 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale

Hi,

I noticed that there is some "distro" policy creeping into
meta-fsl-ppc's layer.conf file, specifically:

BB_DANGLINGAPPENDS_WARNONLY ?= "true"

and

BB_ENV_EXTRAWHITE := "KSRC USRC"

The former is bad as it forces the policy for all layers. If the user is
expecting dangling appends to be errors, this hides potential problems
from them.

The latter forces the environment whitelist to a very specific set of
values. Both these things should not be present.

As these force distro policy, I'd go as far as suggesting it threatens
Yocto Project Compatible status as its mixing machine and distro.

Please can we get these removed?

Cheers,

Richard

* Re: meta-fsl-ppc - layer.conf issues
@ 2014-08-06  9:36 ` zhenhua.luo
From: zhenhua.luo @ 2014-08-06  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Purdie; +Cc: meta-freescale

Hi Richard,

We will check those two variables, the variable will be dropped if it is not needed, otherwise it will be moved to the distro specific conf file.

Best Regards,

Zhenhua

@ 2014-08-06 14:21 ` ting.liu
From: ting.liu @ 2014-08-06 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Purdie; +Cc: meta-freescale

this was added several days ago as a ppc specific patch for luajit (exist in mete-oe) was moved to
ppc layer via bbappend. If not set, autobuilder for fsl-ppc will fail.
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-fsl-ppc/commit/?id=6367da32efce2736cd98f44fa358f0a9e578c08d

do you have any recommendation to avoid this?

-Ting

@ 2014-08-06 14:36   ` Otavio Salvador
From: Otavio Salvador @ 2014-08-06 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ting.liu; +Cc: meta-freescale

On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 11:21 AM, ting.liu@freescale.com
<ting.liu@freescale.com> wrote:
> [...]

You can use the dynamic collections. Check how we deal with qt5 in meta-fsl-arm.

* Re: meta-fsl-ppc - layer.conf issues
@ 2014-08-07  2:47     ` ting.liu
From: ting.liu @ 2014-08-07  2:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Otavio Salvador; +Cc: meta-freescale