* user time going down on successive reads
@ 2009-09-08  2:00 Piotr Jaroszyński
From: Piotr Jaroszyński @ 2009-09-08  2:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hello,

i'm working on software that is archiving utime (and stime and some
other stuff too) of processes running in the system for later
analysis. I am reading all that data from /proc/[pid]/stat and I have
noticed that utime can actually go down on successive read (10 secs
later in this case). How is it possible? Is this a bug or I just don't
fully understand what utime is?

I have kernel 2.6.30.5 if that matters.

Thanks in advance for help.

--
Best Regards,
Piotr Jaroszyński

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-09-08  2:01 UTC | newest]