* Git repo status?
@ 2018-05-03 23:24 Joshua Kinard
From: Joshua Kinard @ 2018-05-03 23:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux/MIPS

Any one know when linux-4.16 might be sync'ed to the linux-mips.org main git
repo?  Or is there an alternate official repo I can clone to mess around with?

Thanks!

--
Joshua Kinard
Gentoo/MIPS

"The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us.  And our
lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between."

--Emperor Turhan, Centauri Republic

* Re: Git repo status?
@ 2018-05-04  9:20 ` James Hogan
From: James Hogan @ 2018-05-04  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joshua Kinard; +Cc: Linux/MIPS

On Thu, May 03, 2018 at 07:24:27PM -0400, Joshua Kinard wrote:

> Any one know when linux-4.16 might be sync'ed to the linux-mips.org main git
> repo?  Or is there an alternate official repo I can clone to mess around with?

If the MIPS stable branches aren't being actively maintained (I'm not
really sure what their purpose was tbh) it may be better to stick to
the official kernel.org stable branches:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git

I try and get fixes backported there, though if there are issues do let
us know.

Cheers
James

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Git repo status?
@ 2018-05-04 16:43   ` Joshua Kinard
From: Joshua Kinard @ 2018-05-04 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Hogan; +Cc: Linux/MIPS

On 5/4/2018 5:20 AM, James Hogan wrote:
> On Thu, May 03, 2018 at 07:24:27PM -0400, Joshua Kinard wrote:
>>
>> Any one know when linux-4.16 might be sync'ed to the linux-mips.org main git
>> repo?  Or is there an alternate official repo I can clone to mess around with?
>
> If the MIPS stable branches aren't being actively maintained (I'm not
> really sure what their purpose was tbh) it may be better to stick to
> the official kernel.org stable branches:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git
>
> I try and get fixes backported there, though if there are issues do let
> us know.
>
> Cheers
> James

Ralf's the one who usually maintains the mainline linux-mips repo.  I know he's
super-busy right now (ditto myself).  Most of my changes I keep for the SGI
machines is based off of linux-mips, at the moment.  There's about a ~2.5KB
diff between kernel.org main and linux-mips main.  I think the only important
bit is a small diff to the IOC3 ethernet to fix a checksum calc bug that hasn't
been sent in to davem yet.  Beyond that, I can probably look at rebasing off of
Torvald's main repo for things.