* Outreachy (Dec-Mar) Cohort #KCIDB
@ 2021-10-09 16:39 Surbhi Sharma
From: Surbhi Sharma @ 2021-10-09 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelci

Hi everyone! It's Surbhi Sharma, from India. I want to participate in the upcoming Outreachy cohort. I am excited about the project : Improve Unified Kernel Test Result Database System ("KCIDB"). Looking forward to learn more about the project.

* Re: Outreachy (Dec-Mar) Cohort #KCIDB
@ 2021-10-10 14:53 ` Nikolai Kondrashov
From: Nikolai Kondrashov @ 2021-10-10 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelci, ssharma2412

Hi Surbhi,

On 10/9/21 7:39 PM, Surbhi Sharma wrote:
 > Hi everyone! It's Surbhi Sharma, from India. I want to participate in the
upcoming Outreachy cohort. I am excited about the project : Improve Unified
Kernel Test Result Database System ("KCIDB"). Looking forward to learn more
about the project.

Welcome!

Don't hesitate to hit us with questions here, or on IRC (#kernelci on
libera.chat).

I think I've left a few links in the Outreachy project submission which could
help you get started.

Nick,
The KCIDB project mentor.

@ 2021-10-19  7:01   ` ajahlucy
From: ajahlucy @ 2021-10-19  7:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nikolai Kondrashov, kernelci

Hi Nick, my name is Lucy and I'm an Outreachy applicant, I would like to contribute to the 'Improve Unified Kernel Test Result Database System ("KCIDB")', I saw a 'good first issue' on one of the links you left. How do i claim the issue to work on it? Should I just comment under it?

* Re: Outreachy (Dec-Mar) Cohort #KCIDB
@ 2021-10-19  8:58     ` Nikolai Kondrashov
From: Nikolai Kondrashov @ 2021-10-19  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ajahlucy, kernelci

Hi Lucy,

On 10/19/21 10:01 AM, ajahlucy@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi Nick, my name is Lucy and I'm an Outreachy applicant, I would like to contribute to the 'Improve Unified Kernel Test Result Database System ("KCIDB")', I saw a 'good first issue' on one of the links you left. How do i claim the issue to work on it? Should I just comment under it?

Glad to hear that, welcome :)

Yes, for now you can just comment under an issue, and later I can ask the
admin to add you to the "Hackers" group, so that you can assign them to yourself.

Can't wait to see you contributions, and don't hesitate to ask questions in
the issues, or on the IRC (#kernelci on libera.chat). I know I could've done a
better job describing them :)

Talk to you soon!
Nick

* Re: Outreachy (Dec-Mar) Cohort #KCIDB
@ 2021-10-19 20:20       ` ajahlucy
From: ajahlucy @ 2021-10-19 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nikolai Kondrashov, kernelci

I made a comment under the issue. This one https://github.com/kernelci/kcidb-io/issues/33,  waiting to be added to the group so that I can assign it to myself. Can I go ahead and create a pull request?

* Re: Outreachy (Dec-Mar) Cohort #KCIDB
@ 2021-10-20  5:57         ` Nikolai Kondrashov
From: Nikolai Kondrashov @ 2021-10-20  5:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelci, ajahlucy

On 10/19/21 11:20 PM, ajahlucy@gmail.com wrote:
> I made a comment under the issue. This one https://github.com/kernelci/kcidb-io/issues/33,  waiting to be added to the group so that I can assign it to myself. Can I go ahead and create a pull request?

Guillaume has added you to the "hackers" group, and I see you've already
assigned the issue to yourself, great!

Sure, go ahead and create a pull request, no need to ask anyone, can't wait to
see what you have :)

Nick

* Re: Outreachy (Dec-Mar) Cohort #KCIDB
@ 2021-10-20 12:51           ` ajahlucy
From: ajahlucy @ 2021-10-20 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nikolai Kondrashov, kernelci

I need clarification, I noticed the __all__ you want removed appears in the v1.. V4 and the Init.py, do you want the ones in v1... V4 removed too?

* Re: Outreachy (Dec-Mar) Cohort #KCIDB
@ 2021-10-20 13:05             ` Nikolai Kondrashov
From: Nikolai Kondrashov @ 2021-10-20 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelci, ajahlucy

On 10/20/21 3:51 PM, ajahlucy@gmail.com wrote:
> I need clarification, I noticed the __all__ you want removed appears in the v1.. V4 and the Init.py, do you want the ones in v1... V4 removed too?

Sure, all of them.

BTW, you can link to a line of code directly to better illustrate your point
(it took me a little while to catch what you meant), like this:

https://github.com/kernelci/kcidb-io/blob/d0679c8c71ebc806ba4271a634a8ed661f11f864/kcidb_io/__init__.py#L8

To do that click on the line number beside the line you want to link, then
click the three dots that would appear beside it, and select "Copy permalink".

You can also link to multiple lines at once: first click the first line, then
shift-click the last line (or vice versa), proceed as with single-line links.

Nick

* Re: Outreachy (Dec-Mar) Cohort #KCIDB
@ 2021-10-24 14:21               ` bazzanapalowo
From: bazzanapalowo @ 2021-10-24 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nikolai Kondrashov, kernelci

Hi,
My name is Abdulwasiu, an Outreachy applicany. I would like to contribute to the KernelCI Project 1 "Create new KernelCI API".

I have commented under this issue;
https://github.com/kernelci/kcidb-io/issues/11

and I look forward to being added to the group, so I can assign myself, and submit a PR.

* Re: Outreachy (Dec-Mar) Cohort #KCIDB
@ 2021-10-24 14:25                 ` Nikolai Kondrashov
From: Nikolai Kondrashov @ 2021-10-24 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bazzanapalowo, kernelci

Hi Abdulwasiu,

On 10/24/21 5:21 PM, bazzanapalowo@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
> My name is Abdulwasiu, an Outreachy applicany. I would like to contribute to the KernelCI Project 1 "Create new KernelCI API".
>
> I have commented under this issue;
> https://github.com/kernelci/kcidb-io/issues/11
>
> and I look forward to being added to the group, so I can assign myself, and submit a PR.

I just responded to your comment under that issue.

However, please note, that this issue belongs to project #3: Improve Unified
Kernel Test Result Database System ("KCIDB")

Anyway, I'll invite you to our Slack channel, so you could ask more questions
and chat, if you'd like.

Nick