* [U-Boot] How to change the entry point for standalone Applications same as the text section base address
@ 2009-05-07  5:54 ffmm rrcc
From: ffmm rrcc @ 2009-05-07  5:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi all:

I have write a standalone application on U-Boot,it works well.but i
have to get the entry point address follow this article:

http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/MyStandaloneProgramDoesNotWork

I use -Ttext option for ${CROSS_COMPILE}ld to set the text section
base address,and -e option to set the entry point function,is there
any way to let the compiler and linker put the entry point function on
the text section base address?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards
rrccffmm

* [U-Boot] How to change the entry point for standalone Applications same as the text section base address
@ 2009-05-07  7:22 ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2009-05-07  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear ffmm rrcc,

In message <dbab92f10905062254s3bea0882y7d4ec546c4ddb0dc@mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> I have write a standalone application on U-Boot,it works well.but i
> have to get the entry point address follow this article:
>
> http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/MyStandaloneProgramDoesNotWork
>
> I use -Ttext option for ${CROSS_COMPILE}ld to set the text section
> base address,and -e option to set the entry point function,is there
> any way to let the compiler and linker put the entry point function on
> the text section base address?

Change your code so that your entry point function is  the  first  or
only  function  in  a  source  file (and thus in the resulting object
file), and change the linker script so that this object  gets  linked
first, starting at the text section base address.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The light at the end of the tunnel is usually a "No Exit" sign.

* [U-Boot] How to change the entry point for standalone Applications same as the text section base address
@ 2009-05-08  7:49   ` ffmm rrcc
From: ffmm rrcc @ 2009-05-08  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear Wolfgang:

2009/5/7 Wolfgang Denk <wd@denx.de>:
> Dear ffmm rrcc,
>
> In message <dbab92f10905062254s3bea0882y7d4ec546c4ddb0dc@mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
>> Hi all:
>>
>> I have write a standalone application on U-Boot,it works well.but i
>> have to get the entry point address follow this article:
>>
>> http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/MyStandaloneProgramDoesNotWork
>>
>> I use -Ttext option for ${CROSS_COMPILE}ld to set the text section
>> base address,and -e option to set the entry point function,is there
>> any way to let the compiler and linker put the entry point function on
>> the text section base address?
>
> Change your code so that your entry point function is ?the ?first ?or
> only ?function ?in ?a ?source ?file (and thus in the resulting object
> file), and change the linker script so that this object ?gets ?linked
> first, starting at the text section base address.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Wolfgang Denk
>
> --
> DENX Software Engineering GmbH, ? ? MD: Wolfgang Denk & Detlev Zundel
> The light at the end of the tunnel is usually a "No Exit" sign.

Thanks,follow your suggestion,my problem has been fixed.

--
Best regards
rrccffmm