* Status of master - rather slow atm
@ 2022-05-07 20:30 richard.purdie
From: richard.purdie @ 2022-05-07 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-core; +Cc: Luca Ceresoli

It isn't any secret that I am trying to take things a little easier
post kirkstone release. I have also been trying to keep the patches
moving, relying more on others. Sadly it isn't going so well.

For the git issues we're been having I took Ross' solution without too
much testing on my part as it all sounded right. Unfortunately it
didn't work out due to the way some distros are backporting partial
changes and we've had reproducible builds failing for the last week as
a result. We're going to have to fall back on the solution I'd been
working on which I don't really like but can't find anything better.

Ross has been trying to get a patchset to work based on my approach but
I suspect I never posted a later tweaked variant of it to the list as
even the current proposed series didn't quite work. I think I have that
fixed in -next now.

Unfortunately that exposed the issue that whilst we were "ignoring" the
reproducibility issues, two more crept in through various other
changes.

As a result I'm now scrambling to try and sort this out before patches
start to backlog. I could start reverting things but I'd prefer not to
and right now I know one cause but not the other. I'm still not sure
one of the issues is exactly as something weird is going on in the
debug code :(.

Anyhow, please just keep in mind these issues do slow everything down
unfortunately.

Cheers,

Richard

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-05-07 20:31 UTC | newest]