* Query regarding Citrix
@ 2009-10-28 15:45 Ahmad Hassan
From: Ahmad Hassan @ 2009-10-28 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-users, Xen-devel

Hi People,

I would be very thankful if anyone can elaborate wether the Citrix uses the
Xen Source code as their hypervisor as it is. Or they tune and tweak the xen
source according to their needs and use it as a hypervisor.

Secondly, Is it obligatory to install Linux with Xenserver? If we do not
install linux with Xenserver host then Can we be able to install Linux
guests on VMs created in Xenserver?

Thirdly, Is it possible to customize the linux kernel if we install linux
pack for Xenserver host ?

Thanks.

--
Best Regards, Hassan
http://cern.ch/ahmadh/portfolio

Erasmus Student
The University of Reading, UK
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
The University Of Carlos III, Madrid Spain

* Re: Query regarding Citrix
@ 2009-10-28 15:51 ` Javier Guerra
From: Javier Guerra @ 2009-10-28 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ahmad Hassan; +Cc: Xen-devel, xen-users

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 10:45 AM, Ahmad Hassan <ahmad.hassan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Secondly, Is it obligatory to install Linux with Xenserver? If we do not
> install linux with Xenserver host then Can we be able to install Linux
> guests on VMs created in Xenserver?

since Xen itself doesn't have any network or block device driver, you
need a full OS as Dom0 to run the support daemons.

--
Javier

* Re: Query regarding Citrix
@ 2009-10-28 18:11 ` George Dunlap
From: George Dunlap @ 2009-10-28 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ahmad Hassan; +Cc: Xen-devel, xen-users

I think you're looking for Citrix's support forums for XenServer:

http://forums.citrix.com/category.jspa?categoryID=101

Peace,
 -George