* AFS documentation
@ 2020-12-05  5:35 Randy Dunlap
From: Randy Dunlap @ 2020-12-05  5:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Howells, Linux FS Devel

Hi David,

I was browsing Documentation/filesystems/afs.rst and fs/afs/super.c
and had a few questions/comments.

1.  afs.rst says:

<<<
When inserting the driver modules the root cell must be specified along with a
list of volume location server IP addresses::

	modprobe rxrpc
	modprobe kafs rootcell=cambridge.redhat.com:172.16.18.73:172.16.18.91

The first module is the AF_RXRPC network protocol driver.  This provides the
RxRPC remote operation protocol and may also be accessed from userspace.  See:

	Documentation/networking/rxrpc.rst

The second module is the kerberos RxRPC security driver, and the third module
is the actual filesystem driver for the AFS filesystem.

so that above mentions 3 modules but only lists (modprobes) 2 of them.
Or am I missing something?

2.  fs/afs/super.c seems to be willing to parse "source=" (Opt_source).

Can you tell me the format & meaning of that mount option?
and maybe even add it to the doc. file?

thanks.
--
~Randy

* Re: AFS documentation
@ 2020-12-05  5:46 ` Randy Dunlap
From: Randy Dunlap @ 2020-12-05  5:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Howells, Linux FS Devel

On 12/4/20 9:35 PM, Randy Dunlap wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> I was browsing Documentation/filesystems/afs.rst and fs/afs/super.c
> and had a few questions/comments.
>
> 1.  afs.rst says:
>
> <<<
> When inserting the driver modules the root cell must be specified along with a
> list of volume location server IP addresses::
>
> 	modprobe rxrpc
> 	modprobe kafs rootcell=cambridge.redhat.com:172.16.18.73:172.16.18.91
>
> The first module is the AF_RXRPC network protocol driver.  This provides the
> RxRPC remote operation protocol and may also be accessed from userspace.  See:
>
> 	Documentation/networking/rxrpc.rst
>
> The second module is the kerberos RxRPC security driver, and the third module
> is the actual filesystem driver for the AFS filesystem.
>>>>

> so that above mentions 3 modules but only lists (modprobes) 2 of them.
> Or am I missing something?
>

> 2.  fs/afs/super.c seems to be willing to parse "source=" (Opt_source).
>
> Can you tell me the format & meaning of that mount option?
> and maybe even add it to the doc. file?

Ah, I see that source= is a general fs mount option.  Never mind on that one.  :)

--
~Randy