* New bcache maintainer
@ 2017-10-13  3:49 Kent Overstreet
From: Kent Overstreet @ 2017-10-13  3:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bcache, mlyle

Michael Lyle will be taking over the role of bcache maintainer. He has my
complete confidence as well as excellent technical judgement and prior
experinence, so please work with him and help him out :)

I'll still be available for questions/advice at the code; I've been discussing
with Michael his work on the writeback code, and anyone else who's doing work on
the bcache code should feel free to contact me as well - best way is as always
via the bcache irc channel, on irc.oftc.net. But I'll still be focusing on
bcachefs, and I expect that Michael and Coly and others will be able to handle
most anything that comes up.

And now, I would like to ask everyone to thank Michael for taking this on,
playing the maintainer role isn't exactly fun and I know he'll make a better
maintainer than I ever was :)

* Re: New bcache maintainer
@ 2017-10-13  5:46 ` Michael Lyle
From: Michael Lyle @ 2017-10-13  5:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kent Overstreet, linux-bcache

On 10/12/2017 08:49 PM, Kent Overstreet wrote:
> Michael Lyle will be taking over the role of bcache maintainer. He has my
> complete confidence as well as excellent technical judgement and prior
> experinence, so please work with him and help him out :)
>
> I'll still be available for questions/advice at the code; I've been discussing
> with Michael his work on the writeback code, and anyone else who's doing work on
> the bcache code should feel free to contact me as well - best way is as always
> via the bcache irc channel, on irc.oftc.net. But I'll still be focusing on
> bcachefs, and I expect that Michael and Coly and others will be able to handle
> most anything that comes up.
>
> And now, I would like to ask everyone to thank Michael for taking this on,
> playing the maintainer role isn't exactly fun and I know he'll make a better
> maintainer than I ever was :)

Kent ---

Thanks for your support, you may be a little over-optimistic.

Everyone else--

I'm looking forward to working with you all to make bcache better--
faster, more robust, and more concurrent.

A bit of my background-- I've been running Linux since 0.99pl15.  I'm
currently maintainer of dRonin, a drone autopilot with a few thousand
users, and a few related repositories of tools.

Professionally, I've worked in the area of high-speed networking,
distributed systems, and block storage at a variety of startups.
including supervising and contributing to a bit of driver work.  I am
new to maintaining a subsystems, though, so I'd appreciate everyone's
help and patience.

I have a tree up at

https://github.com/mlyle/linux/ bcache-for-next

which contains linux-next and Coly's latest for-next patches, plus a
couple more on my control system series of changes.  I also have put up
a preliminary continuous integration builder at:

http://jar.lyle.org:8080/job/linux/

which right now just builds branches in my repository, but I am planning
to add some limited automated VM test of bcache to it and checkpatch
etc.  A summary of the current state of the bcache-for-next tree is
currently at:

http://jar.lyle.org:8080/job/linux/16/

Mike