* Re: [mlmmj] Is this list active? Where is "upstream"??
@ 2019-01-12 17:22 Geert Stappers
                   ` (9 more replies)
From: Geert Stappers @ 2019-01-12 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

Hi Mads,
Hi Mailinglist,

On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 05:30:33PM +0100, Mads Martin Jørgensen wrote:
> > On 9 Jan 2019, at 14.47, Zhang Huangbin wrote:
> >> On Jan 9, 2019, at 9:40 PM, Mayuresh wrote:
> >>
> >> I am about to give mlmmj a try to set up a mailing list.
> >
> > Last commit was 19 months ago, you name it. :(
> > I???d like to pay developers for some new feature.
>
> Being open source, you can easily hire a developer for a feature,
> and then submit it for upstream if you feel like it. It???s even MIT
> license, so you don???t have to.

Who are upstream of mlmmj?  How to join that team??

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
Leven en laten leven

* Re: [mlmmj] Is this list active? Where is "upstream"??
@ 2019-01-17 21:07 ` Geert Stappers
                   ` (8 subsequent siblings)
From: Geert Stappers @ 2019-01-17 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

On Sat, Jan 12, 2019 at 06:22:42PM +0100, Geert Stappers wrote:
> Hi Mads,
> Hi Mailinglist,

> > > Last commit was 19 months ago, you name it. :(
> > > I???d like to pay developers for some new feature.
> >
> > Being open source, you can easily hire a developer for a feature,
> > and then submit it for upstream if you feel like it. It???s even MIT
> > license, so you don???t have to.
> >

> Who are upstream of mlmmj?  How to join that team??

Just a friendly retransmit.

* Re: [mlmmj] Is this list active? Where is "upstream"??
@ 2019-01-17 22:03 ` Mads Martin Jørgensen
                   ` (7 subsequent siblings)
From: Mads Martin Jørgensen @ 2019-01-17 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

Hello again,

It’s been Ben Schmidt who’s been maintaining it for the last many years. Dunno if he hasn’t got the time any more?

> On 17 Jan 2019, at 22.07, Geert Stappers <stappers@stappers.nl> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Jan 12, 2019 at 06:22:42PM +0100, Geert Stappers wrote:
>> Hi Mads,
>> Hi Mailinglist,

>>> Being open source, you can easily hire a developer for a feature,
>>> and then submit it for upstream if you feel like it. It???s even MIT
>>> license, so you don???t have to.
>>>

>> Who are upstream of mlmmj?  How to join that team??
>>

> Just a friendly retransmit.

* Re: [mlmmj] Is this list active? Where is "upstream"??
@ 2019-01-18  3:29 ` Zhang Huangbin
                   ` (6 subsequent siblings)
From: Zhang Huangbin @ 2019-01-18  3:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

> On Jan 18, 2019, at 6:03 AM, Mads Martin Jørgensen <mmj@mmj.dk> wrote:
>
> It’s been Ben Schmidt who’s been maintaining it for the last many years. Dunno if he hasn’t got the time any more?

Dear Ben,

Do you mind adding other contributors as maintainer to update the source code?

----
Zhang Huangbin, founder of iRedMail project: https://www.iredmail.org/
Time zone: GMT+8 (China/Beijing).
Available on Telegram: https://t.me/iredmail

* Re: [mlmmj] Is this list active? Where is "upstream"??
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-01-18 10:57 ` Ben Schmidt
                   ` (5 subsequent siblings)
From: Ben Schmidt @ 2019-01-18 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

Hi!

I have been struggling for time recently, though I hope it might change
soon.

There are some technical challenges to adding contributors with how
we're currently set up.

However, anyone who's willing to contribute a high quality patch won't
be turned away, and if we get a few such patches, it will be worth the
effort to get access sorted out.

So please get in touch if you have a patch, and feel free to reach out
to me personally if I don't see a post on the mailing list.

Smiles,

Ben

On 18/1/19 2:29 pm, Zhang Huangbin wrote:

>> On Jan 18, 2019, at 6:03 AM, Mads Martin Jørgensen <mmj@mmj.dk> wrote:
>>
>> It’s been Ben Schmidt who’s been maintaining it for the last many years. Dunno if he hasn’t got the time any more?
>
> Dear Ben,
>
> Do you mind adding other contributors as maintainer to update the source code?
>
> ----
> Zhang Huangbin, founder of iRedMail project: https://www.iredmail.org/
> Time zone: GMT+8 (China/Beijing).
> Available on Telegram: https://t.me/iredmail

* Re: [mlmmj] Is this list active? Where is "upstream"??
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-01-18 12:25 ` Henne Vogelsang
                   ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: Henne Vogelsang @ 2019-01-18 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

Hey Ben,

On 18.01.19 11:57, Ben Schmidt wrote:

> There are some technical challenges to adding contributors with how
> we're currently set up.
If you need help migrating to a more feature complete dev-platform like
github/gitlab/gitea whatnot I would be willing to invest some time in it :-)

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang
http://www.opensuse.org

* Re: [mlmmj] Is this list active? Where is "upstream"??
                   ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-01-19  4:22 ` Zhang Huangbin
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Zhang Huangbin @ 2019-01-19  4:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

> On Jan 18, 2019, at 6:57 PM, Ben Schmidt <mail_ben_schmidt@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>
> I have been struggling for time recently, though I hope it might change soon.
>

> There are some technical challenges to adding contributors with how we're currently set up.
>
> However, anyone who's willing to contribute a high quality patch won't be turned away, and if we get a few such patches, it will be worth the effort to get access sorted out.
>
> So please get in touch if you have a patch, and feel free to reach out to me personally if I don't see a post on the mailing list.

Dear Ben,

we’d like to sponsor for some features as we discussed one year ago, but i didn’t get your further reply. :(
I wonder whether you’re still open to this.

----
Zhang Huangbin, founder of iRedMail project: https://www.iredmail.org/
Time zone: GMT+8 (China/Beijing).
Available on Telegram: https://t.me/iredmail

* Re: [mlmmj] Is this list active? Where is "upstream"??
                   ` (5 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-01-25  8:42 ` Ben Schmidt
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Ben Schmidt @ 2019-01-25  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

On 19/1/19 3:22 pm, Zhang Huangbin wrote:
> we’d like to sponsor for some features as we discussed one year ago,
> but i didn’t get your further reply. :( I wonder whether you’re still
> open to this.

Hi, Zhang,

You're right, and I'm sorry, I never did get back to you about this.

I am still open to the idea, but I need to do some prerequisite work on
the codebase before I can offer you any real value for money. Otherwise
your money would go towards tidying up, not towards the features you
want. I'll see what I can do in the next few weeks. Expect an update in
March.

Ben

* Re: [mlmmj] Is this list active? Where is "upstream"??
                   ` (6 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-01-25  8:56 ` Ben Schmidt
From: Ben Schmidt @ 2019-01-25  8:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

On 18/1/19 11:25 pm, Henne Vogelsang wrote:
> Hey Ben,
>
> On 18.01.19 11:57, Ben Schmidt wrote:
>> There are some technical challenges to adding contributors with how
>> we're currently set up.
>
> If you need help migrating to a more feature complete dev-platform like
> github/gitlab/gitea whatnot I would be willing to invest some time in it :-)

I think I might take you up on that. I had another idea I was interested
in trying, but in the meantime I have become more familiar with GitHub
and its features, so I think it would be worth moving there.

In what ways would you be able to help? I should be able to easily
enough create an Mlmmj organisation and push the code for starters, but
I would definitely appreciate help migrating issues from the bug tracker
and turning existing patches into branches with pull requests.

Smiles,

Ben

* Re: [mlmmj] Is this list active? Where is "upstream"??
                   ` (7 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-01-25  9:52 ` Zhang Huangbin
From: Zhang Huangbin @ 2019-01-25  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

> On Jan 25, 2019, at 4:56 PM, Ben Schmidt <mail_ben_schmidt@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>
> I think I might take you up on that. I had another idea I was interested
> in trying, but in the meantime I have become more familiar with GitHub
> and its features, so I think it would be worth moving there.
>
> In what ways would you be able to help? I should be able to easily
> enough create an Mlmmj organisation and push the code for starters, but
> I would definitely appreciate help migrating issues from the bug tracker
> and turning existing patches into branches with pull requests.

github supports migrating from existing git/hg repo, you can give it a try, should be easy and painless. :)

----
Zhang Huangbin, founder of iRedMail project: https://www.iredmail.org/
Time zone: GMT+8 (China/Beijing).
Available on Telegram: https://t.me/iredmail

* Re: [mlmmj] Is this list active? Where is "upstream"??
                   ` (8 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-01-25 21:08 ` Geert Stappers
From: Geert Stappers @ 2019-01-25 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 05:52:04PM +0800, Zhang Huangbin wrote:
> On Jan 25, 2019, at 4:56 PM, Ben Schmidt <mail_ben_schmidt@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> >
> > I think I might take you up on that. I had another idea I was interested
> > in trying, but in the meantime I have become more familiar with GitHub
> > and its features, so I think it would be worth moving there.
> >
> > In what ways would you be able to help? I should be able to easily
> > enough create an Mlmmj organisation and push the code for starters, but
> > I would definitely appreciate help migrating issues from the bug tracker
> > and turning existing patches into branches with pull requests.
>
> github supports migrating from existing git/hg repo, you can give it a try,
> should be easy and painless. :)

That work has be done. There is https://gitlab.com/mlmmj/mlmmj

For those who want commit privilege to the mlmmj  mail this mailinglist,
just state your gitlab account name.

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--