* What is the BEST GUI frontend to iptables firewall?
@ 2020-03-26 11:35 Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming
                   ` (4 more replies)
From: Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming @ 2020-03-26 11:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter; +Cc: ceo

Good evening from Singapore,

May I know what is the BEST GUI frontend to iptables firewall? It can be
very involved and tedious to configure iptables firewall using the
command line approach.

Are there any good rankings and reviews on the best GUI frontend to
iptables firewall?

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you very much.

-----BEGIN EMAIL SIGNATURE-----

The Gospel for all Targeted Individuals (TIs):

[The New York Times] Microwave Weapons Are Prime Suspect in Ills of
U.S. Embassy Workers

Link:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/01/science/sonic-attack-cuba-microwave.html

Singaporean Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming's Academic
Qualifications as at 14 Feb 2019 and refugee seeking attempts at the
United Nations Refugee Agency Bangkok (21 Mar 2017), in Taiwan (5 Aug
2019) and Australia (25 Dec 2019 to 9 Jan 2020):

[1] https://tdtemcerts.wordpress.com/

[2] https://tdtemcerts.blogspot.sg/

[3] https://www.scribd.com/user/270125049/Teo-En-Ming

-----END EMAIL SIGNATURE-----

* Re: What is the BEST GUI frontend to iptables firewall?
@ 2020-03-26 11:49 ` ѽ҉ᶬḳ℠
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: ѽ҉ᶬḳ℠ @ 2020-03-26 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

On 26/03/2020 11:35, Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming wrote:
> Good evening from Singapore,
>
> May I know what is the BEST GUI frontend to iptables firewall? It can
> be very involved and tedious to configure iptables firewall using the
> command line approach.
>
> Are there any good rankings and reviews on the best GUI frontend to
> iptables firewall?
>
> I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.
>
> Thank you very much.

"best" is rather something in the eye of the beholder / user
perspective. Some distros provide a comprehensive management GUI that
includes firewall management.

Back in the (iptables) day this distro independent GUI
https://configserver.com/cp/csf.html served me well, also integrates
with various admin panels.

* Re: What is the BEST GUI frontend to iptables firewall?
@ 2020-03-26 12:13   ` Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming
From: Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming @ 2020-03-26 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vtol; +Cc: netfilter, ceo

On 2020-03-26 19:49, ѽ҉ᶬḳ℠ wrote:
> On 26/03/2020 11:35, Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming wrote:
>> Good evening from Singapore,
>>
>> May I know what is the BEST GUI frontend to iptables firewall? It can
>> be very involved and tedious to configure iptables firewall using the
>> command line approach.
>>
>> Are there any good rankings and reviews on the best GUI frontend to
>> iptables firewall?
>>
>> I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.
>>
>> Thank you very much.
>
> "best" is rather something in the eye of the beholder / user
> perspective. Some distros provide a comprehensive management GUI that
> includes firewall management.
>
> Back in the (iptables) day this distro independent GUI
> https://configserver.com/cp/csf.html served me well, also integrates
> with various admin panels.

Hi,

Thank you for the quick reply.

I think CentOS Web Panel (CWP) web hosting control panel is also using
ConfigServer Security & Firewall (csf).

-----BEGIN EMAIL SIGNATURE-----

The Gospel for all Targeted Individuals (TIs):

[The New York Times] Microwave Weapons Are Prime Suspect in Ills of
U.S. Embassy Workers

Link:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/01/science/sonic-attack-cuba-microwave.html

Singaporean Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming's Academic
Qualifications as at 14 Feb 2019 and refugee seeking attempts at the
United Nations Refugee Agency Bangkok (21 Mar 2017), in Taiwan (5 Aug
2019) and Australia (25 Dec 2019 to 9 Jan 2020):

[1] https://tdtemcerts.wordpress.com/

[2] https://tdtemcerts.blogspot.sg/

[3] https://www.scribd.com/user/270125049/Teo-En-Ming

-----END EMAIL SIGNATURE-----

* Re: What is the BEST GUI frontend to iptables firewall?
@ 2020-03-26 20:27 ` Robert Sander
       [not found] ` <330d7201-6561-61a9-9095-8bdf8ee1518b@hajes.org>
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Robert Sander @ 2020-03-26 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

Am 26.03.20 um 12:35 schrieb Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming:

> May I know what is the BEST GUI frontend to iptables firewall? It can be
> very involved and tedious to configure iptables firewall using the
> command line approach.

fwbuilder is/was a very good desktop application to configure a range of
firewall systems. Development has been moved to
https://github.com/fwbuilder/fwbuilder

Regards
--
Robert Sander
Heinlein Support GmbH

http://www.heinlein-support.de

Tel: 030 / 405051-43
Fax: 030 / 405051-19

Zwangsangaben lt. §35a GmbHG:
HRB 93818 B / Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg,

@ 2020-03-26 23:11   ` Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming
From: Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming @ 2020-03-26 23:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: david; +Cc: netfilter, ceo

On 2020-03-27 00:21, david@hajes.org wrote:
> best GUI is prompt/command line ;-)
>
> with nftables and native scripting is everything more simple
>
> On 26/03/2020 12:35, Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming wrote:
>> Good evening from Singapore,
>>
>> May I know what is the BEST GUI frontend to iptables firewall? It can
>> be very involved and tedious to configure iptables firewall using the
>> command line approach.
>>
>> Are there any good rankings and reviews on the best GUI frontend to
>> iptables firewall?
>>
>> I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.
>>
>> Thank you very much.

What is nftables?

@ 2020-03-26 23:15   ` Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming
From: Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming @ 2020-03-26 23:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Sander; +Cc: netfilter, ceo

On 2020-03-27 04:27, Robert Sander wrote:
> Am 26.03.20 um 12:35 schrieb Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming:
>>
>> May I know what is the BEST GUI frontend to iptables firewall? It can
>> be
>> very involved and tedious to configure iptables firewall using the
>> command line approach.
>
> fwbuilder is/was a very good desktop application to configure a range
> of
> firewall systems. Development has been moved to
> https://github.com/fwbuilder/fwbuilder
>
> Regards

Hi Robert Sander,

Thank you for your reply.

I found a video tutorial for Firewall Builder at the following link. Is
it the correct one?

http://fwbuilder.sourceforge.net/4.0/videos.shtml

       [not found] ` <467df868-97b0-c665-668b-df8813b7eae0@gmx.at>
@ 2020-03-26 23:18   ` Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming
From: Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming @ 2020-03-26 23:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: infoomatic; +Cc: netfilter, ceo

On 2020-03-27 01:19, infoomatic wrote:
> While I do suggest using scripts and CLI, fwbuilder is probably worth a
> look for GUI fans.
>

> On 26.03.20 12:35, Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming wrote:
>> Good evening from Singapore,
>>
>> May I know what is the BEST GUI frontend to iptables firewall? It can
>> be very involved and tedious to configure iptables firewall using the
>> command line approach.
>>
>> Are there any good rankings and reviews on the best GUI frontend to
>> iptables firewall?
>>
>> I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.
>>
>> Thank you very much.

I am a GUI fan :)

@ 2020-03-27  9:04     ` Daniel
From: Daniel @ 2020-03-27  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming, david; +Cc: netfilter

Le 27/03/2020 à 00:11, Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming a écrit :
> On 2020-03-27 00:21, david@hajes.org wrote:
>> best GUI is prompt/command line ;-)
>>
>> with nftables and native scripting is everything more simple
>>
>> On 26/03/2020 12:35, Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming wrote:
>>> Good evening from Singapore,
>>>
>>> May I know what is the BEST GUI frontend to iptables firewall? It
>>> can be very involved and tedious to configure iptables firewall
>>> using the command line approach.
>>>
>>> Are there any good rankings and reviews on the best GUI frontend to
>>> iptables firewall?
>>>
>>> I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.
>>>
>>> Thank you very much.
>
> What is nftables?

It's the replacement of iptables

https://wiki.debian.org/nftables

--
Daniel Huhardeaux
+33.368460088@tootai.net	      sip:820@sip.tootai.net

* Re: What is the BEST GUI frontend to iptables firewall?
@ 2020-03-27 10:12     ` Robert Sander
From: Robert Sander @ 2020-03-27 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

Am 27.03.20 um 00:15 schrieb Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming:

> I found a video tutorial for Firewall Builder at the following link. Is
> it the correct one?
>
> http://fwbuilder.sourceforge.net/4.0/videos.shtml

http://fwbuilder.sourceforge.net/ is deprecated. The videos may give a
sense of how fwbuilder works.

Regards
--

@ 2020-03-27 11:24       ` Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming
From: Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming @ 2020-03-27 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel; +Cc: david, netfilter, ceo

On 2020-03-27 17:04, Daniel wrote:
> Le 27/03/2020 à 00:11, Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming a écrit :
>> On 2020-03-27 00:21, david@hajes.org wrote:
>>> best GUI is prompt/command line ;-)
>>>
>>> with nftables and native scripting is everything more simple

>> What is nftables?
>
> It's the replacement of iptables
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/nftables

Noted with thanks.

I understand that nftables has replaced iptables since the year 2014
with the release of Linux kernel 3.13.

@ 2020-03-27 11:26       ` Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming
From: Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming @ 2020-03-27 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Sander; +Cc: netfilter, ceo

On 2020-03-27 18:12, Robert Sander wrote:
> Am 27.03.20 um 00:15 schrieb Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming:
>
>> I found a video tutorial for Firewall Builder at the following link.
>> Is
>> it the correct one?
>>
>> http://fwbuilder.sourceforge.net/4.0/videos.shtml
>
> http://fwbuilder.sourceforge.net/ is deprecated. The videos may give a
> sense of how fwbuilder works.
>
> Regards

Does the new Firewall Builder support nftables?

@ 2020-03-27 11:30   ` Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming
From: Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming @ 2020-03-27 11:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vtol; +Cc: netfilter, ceo

On 2020-03-26 19:49, ѽ҉ᶬḳ℠ wrote:
> On 26/03/2020 11:35, Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming wrote:
>> Good evening from Singapore,
>>
>> May I know what is the BEST GUI frontend to iptables firewall? It can
>> be very involved and tedious to configure iptables firewall using the
>> command line approach.
>>
>> Are there any good rankings and reviews on the best GUI frontend to
>> iptables firewall?
>>
>> I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.
>>
>> Thank you very much.
>
> "best" is rather something in the eye of the beholder / user
> perspective. Some distros provide a comprehensive management GUI that
> includes firewall management.
>
> Back in the (iptables) day this distro independent GUI
> https://configserver.com/cp/csf.html served me well, also integrates
> with various admin panels.

Does ConfigServer Security and Firewall (csf) support nftables?

@ 2020-03-27 11:35         ` Reindl Harald
From: Reindl Harald @ 2020-03-27 11:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming, Daniel; +Cc: david, netfilter

Am 27.03.20 um 12:24 schrieb Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming:
>>> What is nftables?
>>
>> It's the replacement of iptables
>>
>> https://wiki.debian.org/nftables
>
> Noted with thanks.
>
> I understand that nftables has replaced iptables since the year 2014
> with the release of Linux kernel 3.13.

you can use *both* (even at the same time while it's nonsense), kernel
5.5 and above still support iptables as all the years before

* Re: What is the BEST GUI frontend to iptables firewall?
@ 2020-03-27 12:09         ` Robert Sander
From: Robert Sander @ 2020-03-27 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

On 27.03.20 12:26, Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming wrote:

> Does the new Firewall Builder support nftables?

Currently not, it would need a new rules compiler for that.
Maybe someone from the netfilter comunity is willing to develop that.

Regards
--
Robert Sander
Heinlein Support GmbH
Schwedter Str. 8/9b, 10119 Berlin

https://www.heinlein-support.de

Tel: 030 / 405051-43
Fax: 030 / 405051-19

Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg - HRB 93818 B
Geschäftsführer: Peer Heinlein - Sitz: Berlin

* Re: What is the BEST GUI frontend to iptables firewall?
@ 2020-03-27 12:11           ` Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming
From: Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming @ 2020-03-27 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Reindl Harald; +Cc: Daniel, david, netfilter, ceo

On 2020-03-27 19:35, Reindl Harald wrote:

>>> It's the replacement of iptables
>>>
>>> https://wiki.debian.org/nftables
>>
>> Noted with thanks.
>>
>> I understand that nftables has replaced iptables since the year 2014
>> with the release of Linux kernel 3.13.
>
> you can use *both* (even at the same time while it's nonsense), kernel
> 5.5 and above still support iptables as all the years before

But it's better to use nftables over iptables?

@ 2020-03-27 12:13           ` Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming
From: Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming @ 2020-03-27 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Sander; +Cc: netfilter, ceo

On 2020-03-27 20:09, Robert Sander wrote:
> On 27.03.20 12:26, Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming wrote:
>
>> Does the new Firewall Builder support nftables?
>
> Currently not, it would need a new rules compiler for that.
> Maybe someone from the netfilter comunity is willing to develop that.
>
> Regards

Are there any other GUI frontends that would support nftables?

@ 2020-03-27 12:13             ` Daniel
From: Daniel @ 2020-03-27 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming, Reindl Harald; +Cc: david, netfilter

Le 27/03/2020 à 13:11, Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming a écrit :

>>> Noted with thanks.
>>>
>>> I understand that nftables has replaced iptables since the year 2014
>>> with the release of Linux kernel 3.13.
>>
>> you can use *both* (even at the same time while it's nonsense), kernel
>> 5.5 and above still support iptables as all the years before
>
> But it's better to use nftables over iptables?
nftables is the future

--

@ 2020-03-27 13:59               ` Reindl Harald
From: Reindl Harald @ 2020-03-27 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel, Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming; +Cc: david, netfilter

Am 27.03.20 um 13:13 schrieb Daniel:

> Le 27/03/2020 à 13:11, Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming a écrit :

>>> you can use *both* (even at the same time while it's nonsense), kernel
>>> 5.5 and above still support iptables as all the years before
>>
>> But it's better to use nftables over iptables?
> nftables is the future

the future don't help when you have working stuff running and on my
prodcution machines the future is nice but the *present* is relevant

the present with ipset as example

but yes, please as much as possible people should jump to nftables, i am
early adopter enough with Fedora in production over 15 years :-)

* Re: What is the BEST GUI frontend to iptables firewall?
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
       [not found] ` <467df868-97b0-c665-668b-df8813b7eae0@gmx.at>
@ 2020-03-27 17:28 ` Eric Garver
From: Eric Garver @ 2020-03-27 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming; +Cc: netfilter

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 07:35:01PM +0800, Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming wrote:
> Good evening from Singapore,
>
> May I know what is the BEST GUI frontend to iptables firewall? It can be
> very involved and tedious to configure iptables firewall using the command
> line approach.
>
> Are there any good rankings and reviews on the best GUI frontend to iptables
> firewall?

Disclaimer: I'm the current firewalld maintainer.

firewall-config is the firewalld GUI. It ships in a few distros by
default [1]. It's also available to install in many distributions. It
supports both iptables and nftables as firewall backends.

The current GUI is a bit dated. An alternatively is to use cockpit [2].
It provides basic functionality, but is often enough for simple use
cases.

The biggest negative of firewalld is it does not fully support output or
forward filtering. This is currently in development [3].

Hope that helps.
Eric.

[1] https://firewalld.org/ (see "Who is using it?" section)
[2] https://cockpit-project.org/
[3] https://github.com/orgs/firewalld/projects/1#card-25963208

* Re: What is the BEST GUI frontend to iptables firewall?
@ 2020-03-28  1:27                 ` Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming
From: Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming @ 2020-03-28  1:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Reindl Harald; +Cc: Daniel, david, netfilter, ceo

On 2020-03-27 21:59, Reindl Harald wrote:
> Am 27.03.20 um 13:13 schrieb Daniel:

>>> But it's better to use nftables over iptables?
>> nftables is the future
>
> the future don't help when you have working stuff running and on my
> prodcution machines the future is nice but the *present* is relevant
>
> the present with ipset as example
>
> but yes, please as much as possible people should jump to nftables, i
> am
> early adopter enough with Fedora in production over 15 years :-)

I think I started with Red Hat Linux 9 :)

@ 2020-03-28  1:30   ` Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming
From: Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming @ 2020-03-28  1:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming; +Cc: netfilter, netfilter-owner

On 2020-03-28 01:28, Eric Garver wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 07:35:01PM +0800, Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En
> Ming wrote:
>> Good evening from Singapore,
>>
>> May I know what is the BEST GUI frontend to iptables firewall? It can
>> be
>> very involved and tedious to configure iptables firewall using the
>> command
>> line approach.
>>
>> Are there any good rankings and reviews on the best GUI frontend to
>> iptables
>> firewall?
>
> Disclaimer: I'm the current firewalld maintainer.
>
> firewall-config is the firewalld GUI. It ships in a few distros by
> default [1]. It's also available to install in many distributions. It
> supports both iptables and nftables as firewall backends.
>
> The current GUI is a bit dated. An alternatively is to use cockpit [2].
> It provides basic functionality, but is often enough for simple use
> cases.
>
> The biggest negative of firewalld is it does not fully support output
> or
> forward filtering. This is currently in development [3].
>
> Hope that helps.
> Eric.
>
> [1] https://firewalld.org/ (see "Who is using it?" section)
> [2] https://cockpit-project.org/
> [3] https://github.com/orgs/firewalld/projects/1#card-25963208

I think Cockpit functions like Webmin. Please correct me if I am wrong.

What is output and forward filtering?

@ 2020-03-28  6:38     ` Reindl Harald
From: Reindl Harald @ 2020-03-28  6:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming; +Cc: netfilter, netfilter-owner

Am 28.03.20 um 02:30 schrieb Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming:

> I think Cockpit functions like Webmin. Please correct me if I am wrong.
>
> What is output and forward filtering?

Chain OUTPUT and Chain FORWARD?
outgoing traffic and forwarding traffic aka router

* Re: What is the BEST GUI frontend to iptables firewall?
@ 2020-03-28  6:49       ` Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming
From: Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming @ 2020-03-28  6:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Reindl Harald; +Cc: netfilter, ceo

On 2020-03-28 14:38, Reindl Harald wrote:
> Am 28.03.20 um 02:30 schrieb Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming:
>
>> I think Cockpit functions like Webmin. Please correct me if I am
>> wrong.
>>
>> What is output and forward filtering?
>
> Chain OUTPUT and Chain FORWARD?
> outgoing traffic and forwarding traffic aka router

That means I can't configure a Linux router using firewalld?

@ 2020-03-28  6:55         ` Reindl Harald
From: Reindl Harald @ 2020-03-28  6:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming; +Cc: netfilter

Am 28.03.20 um 07:49 schrieb Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming:
> On 2020-03-28 14:38, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> Am 28.03.20 um 02:30 schrieb Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming:
>>
>>> I think Cockpit functions like Webmin. Please correct me if I am wrong.
>>>
>>> What is output and forward filtering?
>>
>> Chain OUTPUT and Chain FORWARD?
>> outgoing traffic and forwarding traffic aka router
>
> That means I can't configure a Linux router using firewalld?

firewalld is a toy for ordinary endusers and a *firewall* which deserves
that name is not just open ports form A to B

IPV4 TABLE MANGLE (STATEFUL PRE-NAT/FILTER)
Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT 3 packets, 180 bytes)
num   pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
 destination
1      987  132K ACCEPT     all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0            ctstate RELATED,ESTABLISHED
2        3   180 INBOUND    all  --  wan    *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0            ctstate NEW ! match-set EXCLUDES_IPV4 src
3        0     0 DROP       all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0            ctstate INVALID

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT 715 packets, 44677 bytes)
num   pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
 destination

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT 275 packets, 87830 bytes)
num   pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
 destination

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 664 packets, 253K bytes)
num   pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
 destination

Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT 939 packets, 341K bytes)
num   pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
 destination

Chain INBOUND (1 references)
num   pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
 destination
1        0     0 LD_SCAN    all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0            match-set PORTSCAN_PORTS dst ! match-set
HONEYPOT_IPS_IPV4 dst
2        0     0 IPST_ALL   all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0            recent: CHECK seconds: 2 hit_count: 200 name: all
side: source mask: 255.255.255.255
3        0     0 LD_R_ALL   all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0            recent: UPDATE seconds: 2 hit_count: 150 name: all
side: source mask: 255.255.255.255
4        3   180            all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0            recent: SET name: all side: source mask:
255.255.255.255
5        0     0 LD_C_ALL   all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0            #conn src/24 > 250
6        0     0 LD_C_ALL   all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0            #conn src/32 > 120
7        0     0 LD_C_ALL   all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0            #conn src/16 > 500
8        3   180 IN_TCP     tcp  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0
9        0     0 IN_DNS     all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0            match-set DNS_PORT dst
10       0     0 DROP       all  --  *      *       172.16.0.0/24
 0.0.0.0/0

Chain IN_DNS (1 references)
num   pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
 destination
1        0     0 LD_C_ALL   all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0            #conn src/32 > 50
2        0     0 LD_R_ALL   all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0            recent: UPDATE seconds: 2 reap hit_count: 60 name:
dns side: source mask: 255.255.255.255
3        0     0            all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0            recent: SET name: dns side: source mask:
255.255.255.255

Chain IN_FTP (1 references)
num   pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
 destination
1        0     0 LD_R_ALL   all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0            recent: UPDATE seconds: 2 reap hit_count: 20 name:
ftp side: source mask: 255.255.255.255
2        0     0            all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0            recent: SET name: ftp side: source mask:
255.255.255.255

Chain IN_SSH (1 references)
num   pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
 destination
1        0     0 LD_R_ALL   all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0            recent: UPDATE seconds: 60 reap hit_count: 15
name: ssh side: source mask: 255.255.255.255
2        3   180            all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0            recent: SET name: ssh side: source mask:
255.255.255.255

Chain IN_TCP (1 references)
num   pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
 destination
1        0     0 DROP       tcp  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0            tcp flags:!0x17/0x02
2        0     0 DROP       tcp  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0            tcpmss match 1:500
3        0     0 DROP       all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0            match-set BLOCKED_DYNAMIC_MAIL_IPV4 src match-set
PORTS_MAIL dst
4        3   180 IN_SSH     tcp  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0            tcp dpt:10022
5        0     0 IN_FTP     tcp  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0            tcp dpt:21

Chain IPST_ALL (1 references)
num   pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
 destination
1        0     0 NFLOG      all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0            limit: avg 5/sec burst 5 nflog-prefix
"IPSET-All:" nflog-group 32
2        0     0 SET        all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0            add-set BLOCKED_DYNAMIC_IPV4 src exist
3        0     0 DROP       all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0

Chain LD_C_ALL (4 references)
num   pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
 destination
1        0     0 NFLOG      all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0            limit: avg 5/sec burst 5 nflog-prefix
"Connlimit-All:" nflog-group 32
2        0     0 DROP       all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0

Chain LD_R_ALL (4 references)
num   pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
 destination
1        0     0 NFLOG      all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0            limit: avg 5/sec burst 5 nflog-prefix
"Ratelimit-All:" nflog-group 32
2        0     0 DROP       all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0

Chain LD_SCAN (1 references)
num   pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
 destination
1        0     0 NFLOG      all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0            limit: avg 15/min burst 1 nflog-prefix
"Portscan:" nflog-group 33
2        0     0 SET        all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0            add-set BLOCKED_DYNAMIC_PORTSCAN_IPV4 src exist
3        0     0 DROP       all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0

IPV4 TABLE RAW (STATELESS PRE-CONNTRACK)
Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
num   pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
 destination
1      862 55342 INBOUND    all  --  wan    *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0
2      989  132K ACCEPT     tcp  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0
3        1   167 ACCEPT     udp  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0
4        0     0 ACCEPT     icmp --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0
5        2    72 DROP       all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 664 packets, 253K bytes)
num   pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
 destination

Chain INBOUND (1 references)
num   pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
 destination
1        0     0 DROP       all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0            match-set BLOCKED_MERGED_IPV4 src
2        0     0 DROP       all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0            match-set BLOCKED_DYNAMIC_PORTSCAN_IPV4 src
3      861 55175 IN_TCP     tcp  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0

Chain IN_TCP (1 references)
num   pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
 destination
1        0     0 DROP       tcp  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0            tcp flags:0x3F/0x29
2        0     0 DROP       tcp  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0            tcp flags:0x3F/0x00
3        0     0 DROP       tcp  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0            tcp flags:0x11/0x01
4        0     0 DROP       tcp  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0            tcp flags:0x05/0x05
5        0     0 DROP       tcp  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0            tcp flags:0x30/0x20
6        0     0 CT         tcp  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0            tcp dpt:21 CT helper ftp

* Re: What is the BEST GUI frontend to iptables firewall?
@ 2020-03-28  7:08           ` Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming
From: Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming @ 2020-03-28  7:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Reindl Harald; +Cc: netfilter, ceo

On 2020-03-28 14:55, Reindl Harald wrote:
> [...]
>  destination
> 1        0     0 NFLOG      all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
>  0.0.0.0/0            limit: avg 5/sec burst 5 nflog-prefix
> "Ratelimit-All:" nflog-group 32
> 2        0     0 DROP       all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
>  0.0.0.0/0
>
> Chain LD_SCAN (1 references)
> num   pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
>  destination
> 1        0     0 NFLOG      all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
>  0.0.0.0/0            limit: avg 15/min burst 1 nflog-prefix
> "Portscan:" nflog-group 33
> 2        0     0 SET        all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
>  0.0.0.0/0            add-set BLOCKED_DYNAMIC_PORTSCAN_IPV4 src exist
> 3        0     0 DROP       all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
>  0.0.0.0/0

> IPV4 TABLE RAW (STATELESS PRE-CONNTRACK)
> Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
> num   pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
>  destination
> 1      862 55342 INBOUND    all  --  wan    *       0.0.0.0/0
>  0.0.0.0/0
> 2      989  132K ACCEPT     tcp  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
>  0.0.0.0/0
> 3        1   167 ACCEPT     udp  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
>  0.0.0.0/0
> 4        0     0 ACCEPT     icmp --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
>  0.0.0.0/0
> 5        2    72 DROP       all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
>  0.0.0.0/0
>
> Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 664 packets, 253K bytes)
> num   pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
>  destination
>
> Chain INBOUND (1 references)
> num   pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
>  destination
> 1        0     0 DROP       all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
>  0.0.0.0/0            match-set BLOCKED_MERGED_IPV4 src
> 2        0     0 DROP       all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
>  0.0.0.0/0            match-set BLOCKED_DYNAMIC_PORTSCAN_IPV4 src
> 3      861 55175 IN_TCP     tcp  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
>  0.0.0.0/0
>
> Chain IN_TCP (1 references)
> num   pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
>  destination
> 1        0     0 DROP       tcp  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
>  0.0.0.0/0            tcp flags:0x3F/0x29
> 2        0     0 DROP       tcp  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
>  0.0.0.0/0            tcp flags:0x3F/0x00
> 3        0     0 DROP       tcp  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
>  0.0.0.0/0            tcp flags:0x11/0x01
> 4        0     0 DROP       tcp  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
>  0.0.0.0/0            tcp flags:0x05/0x05
> 5        0     0 DROP       tcp  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
>  0.0.0.0/0            tcp flags:0x30/0x20
> 6        0     0 CT         tcp  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
>  0.0.0.0/0            tcp dpt:21 CT helper ftp

I am impressed :)