* meta-oracle-java still maintained?
@ 2018-10-17 14:33 Joshua Watt
From: Joshua Watt @ 2018-10-17 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yocto list discussion; +Cc: maxin.john, Pavel_Shumeika, Vladimir_Redzhepov

I was wondering if meta-oracle-java is still maintained? It looks like
there haven't been any release branches created since pyro.

We are looking at using it to provide virtual/java-native for some
build host tools we have that were written in Java, but I want to make
sure that it isn't going to die off on us if we do.

Joshua Watt <JPEWhacker@gmail.com>

* Re: meta-oracle-java still maintained?
@ 2018-10-17 15:55 ` Mark Hatle
From: Mark Hatle @ 2018-10-17 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joshua Watt, Yocto list discussion

On 10/17/18 9:33 AM, Joshua Watt wrote:
> I was wondering if meta-oracle-java is still maintained? It looks like
> there haven't been any release branches created since pyro.
>
> We are looking at using it to provide virtual/java-native for some
> build host tools we have that were written in Java, but I want to make
> sure that it isn't going to die off on us if we do.

I believe this was abandoned when Oracle changed their licensing.

The 'meta-java' layer however is still being updated and provides an alternative
to the Oracle Java.

--Mark

@ 2018-10-17 16:27   ` akuster
From: akuster @ 2018-10-17 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Hatle, Joshua Watt, Yocto list discussion

On 10/17/18 8:55 AM, Mark Hatle wrote:
> On 10/17/18 9:33 AM, Joshua Watt wrote:
>> I was wondering if meta-oracle-java is still maintained? It looks like
>> there haven't been any release branches created since pyro.
>>
>> We are looking at using it to provide virtual/java-native for some
>> build host tools we have that were written in Java, but I want to make
>> sure that it isn't going to die off on us if we do.
> I believe this was abandoned when Oracle changed their licensing.
>
> The 'meta-java' layer however is still being updated and provides an alternative
> to the Oracle Java.

Maybe that layer should be moved to the "Yocto Metadata Layer Archive"
area then.

- armin