* Some ideas about tcpm driver
@ 2017-08-03  7:28 Zain Wang
From: Zain Wang @ 2017-08-03  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guenter Roeck, Yueyao Zhu; +Cc: open list:ARM/Rockchip SoC..., linux-kernel

Hi all,

In recent days, I tested the fusb302 driver with tcpm. (RK3399 evb board)
But I found an issues:
     There is not a regulator for type-c vbus power-supply in my board.
     The vbus is just controlled by a gpio-pin, and unable to support
other voltage except 5V.
     But now, I can't use fusb302 driver without workaround fix.
     Could you fix it in next version? @Yueyao

The altmode looks not complete. I can't enter DP Alt Mode now.
And we'd like to used extcon function (used in Chrome) to link usb, dp
and type-c together.
How do you think about it? @Guenter

Thanks
Zain

* Re: Some ideas about tcpm driver
@ 2017-08-03 13:02 ` Guenter Roeck
From: Guenter Roeck @ 2017-08-03 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zain Wang
  Cc: Guenter Roeck, Yueyao Zhu, open list:ARM/Rockchip SoC..., linux-kernel

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 12:28 AM, Zain Wang <wzz@rock-chips.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In recent days, I tested the fusb302 driver with tcpm. (RK3399 evb board)
> But I found an issues:
>     There is not a regulator for type-c vbus power-supply in my board.
>     The vbus is just controlled by a gpio-pin, and unable to support other
> voltage except 5V.

gpio-regulator does not work ?

>     But now, I can't use fusb302 driver without workaround fix.
>     Could you fix it in next version? @Yueyao
>
> The altmode looks not complete. I can't enter DP Alt Mode now.

Yes, I know. Patches welcome.

> And we'd like to used extcon function (used in Chrome) to link usb, dp and
> type-c together.

Plan is to use the extcon driver (from cros-ec) to register with the
type-c infrastructure. I have not thought about how to tie low level
drivers (fusb/tcpm) with extcon. Ideas welcome.

Guenter

@ 2017-08-04 10:25   ` Zain Wang
From: Zain Wang @ 2017-08-04 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guenter Roeck
  Cc: Guenter Roeck, Yueyao Zhu, open list:ARM/Rockchip SoC..., linux-kernel

在 2017/8/3 21:02, Guenter Roeck 写道:
> On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 12:28 AM, Zain Wang <wzz@rock-chips.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> In recent days, I tested the fusb302 driver with tcpm. (RK3399 evb board)
>> But I found an issues:
>>      There is not a regulator for type-c vbus power-supply in my board.
>>      The vbus is just controlled by a gpio-pin, and unable to support other
>> voltage except 5V.
> gpio-regulator does not work ?
Thanks for you idea, it works well with regulator-gpio.

Zain