* [U-Boot] [ANN] meson-tools v0.1 released
@ 2017-05-01 10:11 ` Andreas Färber
From: Andreas Färber @ 2017-05-01 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hello,

I have just made an initial v0.1 release of my meson-tools project:

https://github.com/afaerber/meson-tools

In particular the amlbootsig tool has successfully been used in the
openSUSE Open Build Service instance to create bootable images for the
Amlogic S905 based Hardkernel Odroid-C2, using mainline U-Boot as bl33.

Usage and known limitations are described in its README.md.

Regards,
Andreas

HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)

From: Andreas Färber @ 2017-05-01 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linus-amlogic

--
SUSE Linux GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 N?rnberg, Germany
GF: Felix Imend?rffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton

* [ANN] meson-tools v0.1 released
  (?)
@ 2017-05-08 13:15 ` Oleg
From: Oleg @ 2017-05-08 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linus-amlogic

> Hello,
>
> I have just made an initial v0.1 release of my meson-tools project:
>
> https://github.com/afaerber/meson-tools
>
> In particular the amlbootsig tool has successfully been used in the
> openSUSE Open Build Service instance to create bootable images for the
> Amlogic S905 based Hardkernel Odroid-C2, using mainline U-Boot as bl33.
>
> Usage and known limitations are described in its README.md.
>
> Regards,
> Andreas

Your tool is only to create a version of u-boot for Odroid C2
or can try to use for all devices of the platform s905 ?

* [ANN] meson-tools v0.1 released
@ 2017-05-14 11:37   ` Andreas Färber
From: Andreas Färber @ 2017-05-14 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linus-amlogic

Hello Oleg,

Am 08.05.2017 um 15:15 schrieb Oleg:
>> I have just made an initial v0.1 release of my meson-tools project:
>>
>> https://github.com/afaerber/meson-tools
>>
>> In particular the amlbootsig tool has successfully been used in the
>> openSUSE Open Build Service instance to create bootable images for the
>> Amlogic S905 based Hardkernel Odroid-C2, using mainline U-Boot as bl33.
>>
>> Usage and known limitations are described in its README.md.
>>
> Your tool is only to create a version of u-boot for Odroid C2
> or can try to use for all devices of the platform s905 ?

Please see the README.md at the above link. :)

amlbootsig has been tested with Odroid-C2 and by now NanoPi-K2, so it's
not limited to the Odroid-C2. However it won't work with "all" devices,
as my tool has less features (no encryption support) and may have bugs
for lack of a public description of the format.

As recently explained to someone with an S912 TV Box, feedback on
whether it produces the expected results for other devices as well is
appreciated. Some safety precautions were described in that mail:

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-amlogic/2017-May/003433.html

Regards,
Andreas

P.S. If you have comments or questions, please keep me CC'ed so that I
notice. Thanks.

--

@ 2017-05-14 18:22     ` Oleg
From: Oleg @ 2017-05-14 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linus-amlogic

> Please see the README.md at the above link. :)
>
> amlbootsig has been tested with Odroid-C2 and by now NanoPi-K2, so it's
> not limited to the Odroid-C2. However it won't work with "all" devices,
> as my tool has less features (no encryption support) and may have bugs
> for lack of a public description of the format.
>
> As recently explained to someone with an S912 TV Box, feedback on
> whether it produces the expected results for other devices as well is
> appreciated. Some safety precautions were described in that mail:
>
> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-amlogic/2017-May/003433.html
>
> Regards,
> Andreas
>
> P.S. If you have comments or questions, please keep me CC'ed so that I
> notice. Thanks.

You are interested in testing the possibility of launching S912 (s905x)
using independently collected (from source) variants of u-boot ?
I have a Tronsmart s912 with a connected UART.
I checked on it the start-up of harvested from sources u-boot.
After making not much changes to the source code of u-boot from Khadas
VIM ,
the resulting file u-boot.bin.sd.bin normally runs from SD card
(and allows you to start the system from removable media).
Before a test I made a full backup of the eMMC
and additionally copied the first 4 MB of eMMC (which contains a regular
u-boot).
You can write, what should I check ?