* Cannot compile Noise.c on Kernel 5.0?
@ 2019-01-13 22:26 Sam Cater
From: Sam Cater @ 2019-01-13 22:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Hi Wireguard Mailing List,

Probably going to be showing a lot of ignorance here!

Wireguard has run fine on this system in the past, but today I tried to
build 20181218 on self-built 5.0 kernel (which in and of itself seems
stable and working fine). The compile fails on src/noise.o with the
issue linked below on line 453.

If I switch back to the stock 4.19 kernel provided by Fedora then
everything compiles fine. It's also worth mentioning that the same issue
appears to happen when I install the COPR packages for Fedora.

Appreciate I'm a non-standard kernel but just in case it is a Linux 5
incompatibility rather than "I can't build software", I thought I'd post
here in case it was helpful.

Mini paste at: https://pastebin.com/raw/W4LRT5bx

* Re: Cannot compile Noise.c on Kernel 5.0?
@ 2019-01-16 23:49 ` Jordan Glover
From: Jordan Glover @ 2019-01-16 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sam Cater; +Cc: wireguard

On Wednesday, January 16, 2019 5:37 PM, Sam Cater <sam@samcater.com> wrote:

> Hi Wireguard Mailing List,
>
> Probably going to be showing a lot of ignorance here!
>
> Wireguard has run fine on this system in the past, but today I tried to
> build 20181218 on self-built 5.0 kernel (which in and of itself seems
> stable and working fine). The compile fails on src/noise.o with the
> issue linked below on line 453.
>
> If I switch back to the stock 4.19 kernel provided by Fedora then
> everything compiles fine. It's also worth mentioning that the same issue
> appears to happen when I install the COPR packages for Fedora.
>
> Appreciate I'm a non-standard kernel but just in case it is a Linux 5
> incompatibility rather than "I can't build software", I thought I'd post
> here in case it was helpful.
>
> Mini paste at: https://pastebin.com/raw/W4LRT5bx

For Linux 5.0 you need to use wireguard snapshot from git:
https://git.zx2c4.com/WireGuard/log/

The error you posted was fixed by:
https://git.zx2c4.com/WireGuard/commit/?id=a56a0fee861d104b9bdb22847656fc40a9b13079

Later in build there will be another error fixed by:
https://git.zx2c4.com/WireGuard/commit/?id=eb8316abc24da2e38de65d88c519aa8dfd6227f4

Jordan