* Error:python3-jsonschema dependency issue
@ 2018-05-14 17:31 Aditya Tayade
From: Aditya Tayade @ 2018-05-14 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: poky

Facing below error while build while building python3-jsonschema:

ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'python3-strict-rfc3339' (but /home/builder/src/base/meta-openembedded/meta-python/recipes-devtools/python/python3-jsonschema_2.6.0.bb RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
python3-strict-rfc3339 was skipped: it has an incompatible license: GPLv3
NOTE: Runtime target 'python3-strict-rfc3339' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['python3-strict-rfc3339']
ERROR: Required build target 'python3-jsonschema' has no buildable providers.
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['python3-jsonschema', 'python3-strict-rfc3339']

All these packages are already there in RDEPENDS of python-jsonschema.inc but still throwing above errors, don't know why.
RDEPENDS_${PN} += " \
    ${PYTHON_PN}-core \
    ${PYTHON_PN}-io \
    ${PYTHON_PN}-json \
    ${PYTHON_PN}-netclient \
    ${PYTHON_PN}-numbers \
    ${PYTHON_PN}-pkgutil \
    ${PYTHON_PN}-pprint \
    ${PYTHON_PN}-rfc3987 \
    ${PYTHON_PN}-shell \
    ${PYTHON_PN}-strict-rfc3339 \
    ${PYTHON_PN}-unittest \
"

Also, tried suppressing GPLv3 license by adding below packages under whitelist but no luck:
PACKAGE_EXCLUDE += "python-rfc3987 python3-rfc3987 python-strict-rfc3987 python3-strict-rfc3987"

Could you please help.

Regards,
Aditya Tayade
This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the KPIT Technologies Ltd. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message. KPIT Technologies Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.

* Re: Error:python3-jsonschema dependency issue
@ 2018-05-14 18:18 ` Aditya Tayade
From: Aditya Tayade @ 2018-05-14 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: poky

Using compile time dependency solved the dependency issue and successfully built it.

But do we really need 'python3-strict-rfc3339' and 'python3-rfc3987 ' at compile time?

Regards,

Aditya Tayade

________________________________

@ 2018-05-15 13:39 ` Anuj Mittal
From: Anuj Mittal @ 2018-05-15 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aditya Tayade, poky

On 05/15/2018 01:31 AM, Aditya Tayade wrote:

> ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'python3-strict-rfc3339' (but
> /home/builder/src/base/meta-openembedded/meta-python/recipes-devtools/python/python3-jsonschema_2.6.0.bb
> RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
> python3-strict-rfc3339 was skipped: it has an incompatible license: GPLv3

As the error says, it was skipped because license of the package that
python3-jsonschema depends on is GPLv3. You probably have
INCOMPATIBLE_LICENSE set to GPLv3 in your local.conf.

https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/latest/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#var-INCOMPATIBLE_LICENSE