* [KJ] wiki seems to be down
@ 2007-02-23 16:00 Robert P. J. Day
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Robert P. J. Day @ 2007-02-23 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernel-janitors

  is anyone else having trouble getting here:

http://fsdev.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

rday

* Re: [KJ] wiki seems to be down
@ 2007-02-23 16:13 ` Douglas Landgraf
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Douglas Landgraf @ 2007-02-23 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernel-janitors

Hi Robert,

        I got "Internal Server Error" message.

Sincerely,
Douglas Schilling Landgraf

On 2/23/07, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday@mindspring.com> wrote:

>   is anyone else having trouble getting here:
>
> http://fsdev.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
>
> rday

* Re: [KJ] wiki seems to be down
@ 2007-02-23 16:26 ` Richard Knutsson
From: Richard Knutsson @ 2007-02-23 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernel-janitors

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   is anyone else having trouble getting here:
>
> http://fsdev.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Oh, that doesn't look good... is it some solar-storms spoking around now
(my university's systems have had some problem recently too).

(Cc'ed the webmaster)

Richard Knutsson

* Re: [KJ] wiki seems to be down
@ 2007-02-25  7:59 ` Chris Miller
From: Chris Miller @ 2007-02-25  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernel-janitors

On 2/23/07, Richard Knutsson <ricknu-0@student.ltu.se> wrote:
> Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >   is anyone else having trouble getting here:
> >
> > http://fsdev.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
> >
> Oh, that doesn't look good... is it some solar-storms spoking around now
> (my university's systems have had some problem recently too).
>
> (Cc'ed the webmaster)

http://www.dreamhoststatus.com/

Apparently they had to take the whole works offline for a while.

Still, they uptime we're getting with Dreamhost is billions of times
better than me shoving a little server under my desk...  not to
mention the bandwidth.

--
It's not much, but it's what I call 127.0.0.1

* Re: [KJ] wiki seems to be down
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2007-02-26  8:05 ` Chris Miller
From: Chris Miller @ 2007-02-26  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernel-janitors

I'm not exactly sure what went wrong with the wiki.  Whatever did
happen, it's working again.  I had to reinstall it.  That seemed to
work, so I'm not going to start asking questions - when something good
happens, you shut up and run with it.

I think it was a problem with how I migrated from the old domain
(fsdev.dreamhosters.com) to the new one (fsdev.net).  This is how I
made the change the first time:

$ mv /home/fsdev/fsdev.dreamhosters.com/wiki /home/fsdev/fsdev.net/wiki

I'm not sure why it worked for a while and then stopped.  Whatever the
problem the problem is gone now.