* Linux kernel: Moving to 4.18
@ 2018-08-22  1:21 Joel Stanley
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Joel Stanley @ 2018-08-22  1:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OpenBMC Maillist
  Cc: Andrew Jeffery, Cédric Le Goater, Eddie James, Tomer Maimon

Hello,

With the expected release of 4.19-rc1 this coming weekend a lot of our
recent kernel work will have hit the mainline tree. I will use this as
the trigger to create a 4.18 based tree (creatively named "dev-4.18").
This will contain the upstream patches from 4.19-rc1 merged in place
of the pre-upstreamed versions that we are carrying in dev-4.17.

Assuming everything that was in linux-next gets merged for 4.19, this
will leave us with about 36 out of tree patches. I've appended the
list of commits below. If you are the author it would be great to hear
your plans as a reply to this email.

Note that this focuses mostly on the Aspeed side of things. There's
been a lot of upstream activity on the Nuvoton side too, and we can
merge those commits into dev-4.18 if that is desired.

Cheers,

Joel

--

Andrew Jeffery (9):
      ARM: dts: aspeed: witherspoon: Update max31785 node

Benjamin Herrenschmidt (1):
      ARM: dts: aspeed: Romulus system can use coprocessor for FSI

Christopher Bostic (1):
      iio: dps310: Temperature measurement errata

Cyril Bur (1):
      misc: Add ASPEED mbox driver

Cédric Le Goater (6):
      mtd: spi-nor: aspeed: use command mode for reads
      mtd: spi-nor: aspeed: add support for SPI dual IO read mode
      mtd: spi-nor: aspeed: link controller with the ahb clock
      mtd: spi-nor: aspeed: optimize read mode
      mtd: spi-nor: aspeed: limit the maximum SPI frequency
      ARM: dts: aspeed: Add "spi-max-frequency" property

Edward A. James (2):
      drivers/fsi: Add On-Chip Controller (OCC) driver
      hwmon: Add On-Chip Controller (OCC) hwmon driver

Joel Stanley (14):
      ARM: dts: aspeed-ast2500: Update flash layout
      ARM: dts: aspeed: Add LPC mailbox node
      ARM: dts: aspeed: Enable mbox
      ARM: dts: palmetto: Enable mbox and occ-hwmon nodes
      iio: Add driver for Infineon DPS310
      ARM: dts: aspeed-g5: Add DAC MUX userspace control
      ARM: dts: aspeed-g5: Clean up sio registers
      ARM: dts: aspeed-g5: Add resets and clocks to GFX node
      ARM: dts: aspeed: Enable the GFX IP
      ARM: dts: aspeed: Enable VHUB on Romulus
      ARM: config: aspeed: Add out of tree drivers
      drm: Add ASPEED GFX driver
      drm: aspeed: Debugfs interface for GFX registers
      dt-bindings: gpu: Add ASPEED GFX bindings document

Tomer Maimon (2):
      dt-binding: pinctrl: document NPCM7xx pin controller DT bindings
      pinctrl: npcm: add NPCM7xx pin control driver

* Re: Linux kernel: Moving to 4.18
@ 2018-08-22 12:10 ` Cédric Le Goater
From: Cédric Le Goater @ 2018-08-22 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Stanley, OpenBMC Maillist; +Cc: Andrew Jeffery, Eddie James, Tomer Maimon

> Assuming everything that was in linux-next gets merged for 4.19, this
> will leave us with about 36 out of tree patches. I've appended the
> list of commits below. If you are the author it would be great to hear
> your plans as a reply to this email.

See below.

> Cédric Le Goater (6):
>       mtd: spi-nor: aspeed: use command mode for reads
>       mtd: spi-nor: aspeed: add support for SPI dual IO read mode
>       mtd: spi-nor: aspeed: link controller with the ahb clock
>       mtd: spi-nor: aspeed: optimize read mode

I will rework the read timing algo a little to match the U-Boot driver
I am working on and include the typo fix from Alexander. After some
tests in OpenBMC, I will send a v2 to mainline.

Cheers,

C.

@ 2018-08-23  2:16 ` Joel Stanley
From: Joel Stanley @ 2018-08-23  2:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OpenBMC Maillist
  Cc: Andrew Jeffery, Cédric Le Goater, Eddie James, Tomer Maimon

On Wed, 22 Aug 2018 at 10:51, Joel Stanley <joel@jms.id.au> wrote:
> Assuming everything that was in linux-next gets merged for 4.19, this
> will leave us with about 36 out of tree patches. I've appended the
> list of commits below. If you are the author it would be great to hear
> your plans as a reply to this email.

> Joel Stanley (14):
>       ARM: dts: aspeed-ast2500: Update flash layout

This isn't upstream as the evb is not technically an openbmc machine.

>       ARM: dts: aspeed: Add LPC mailbox node
>       ARM: dts: aspeed: Enable mbox
>       ARM: dts: palmetto: Enable mbox and occ-hwmon nodes

The Mailbox driver is in flux. The first submission was rejected, and
we don't have anyone working on upstreaming at this point.

>       iio: Add driver for Infineon DPS310

This driver was rejected upstream as it only works for the temperature
control part of the DPS310. The iio maintainer wanted support for the
accelerometer component as well, which is a substantial re-write.

>       ARM: dts: aspeed-g5: Add DAC MUX userspace control
>       ARM: dts: aspeed-g5: Clean up sio registers

This relates to Andrew's misc-register work.

>       ARM: dts: aspeed-g5: Add resets and clocks to GFX node
>       ARM: dts: aspeed: Enable the GFX IP
>       drm: Add ASPEED GFX driver
>       drm: aspeed: Debugfs interface for GFX registers
>       dt-bindings: gpu: Add ASPEED GFX bindings document

I need to add pixel clock calculation support before submitting a
non-RFC version upstream.

>       ARM: dts: aspeed: Enable VHUB on Romulus

This can go upstream.

>       ARM: config: aspeed: Add out of tree drivers

OpenBMC specific.

* Re: Linux kernel: Moving to 4.18
@ 2018-08-28 19:30 ` Joel Stanley
From: Joel Stanley @ 2018-08-28 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OpenBMC Maillist
  Cc: Andrew Jeffery, Cédric Le Goater, Eddie James, Tomer Maimon

On Tue, 21 Aug 2018 at 18:21, Joel Stanley <joel@jms.id.au> wrote:
> With the expected release of 4.19-rc1 this coming weekend a lot of our
> recent kernel work will have hit the mainline tree. I will use this as
> the trigger to create a 4.18 based tree (creatively named "dev-4.18").

The dev-4.18 branch has been pushed to openbmc/linux. I have boot
tested Palmetto and Romulus (representing ast2400 and ast2500
respectively), and all appears well. Here are the bumps in Gerrit:

 https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/meta-nuvoton/+/12189
 https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/meta-aspeed/+/12183

I would appreciate input from the Nuvoton crew.

Cheers,

Joel

* RE: Linux kernel: Moving to 4.18
@ 2018-08-30 14:24   ` tomer.maimon
From: tomer.maimon @ 2018-08-30 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joel, openbmc; +Cc: andrew, clg, eajames.ibm

Hey Joel,

Please add to dev-4.18

Commits upstream to kernel 4.19

hwmon: Add NPCM7xx PWM and Fan driver

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=f1fd4a4db777030a2542701fb0d3a261d4472d6d

dt-binding: hwmon: Add NPCM7xx PWM and Fan controller documentation

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=68dde6cae6e523dfec8ec097af2c41680fb766c6

USB: host: ehci-npcm7xx: Fix some error codes in probe

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=4da24f4dd0bb2b88e9c84690aa769b524c63b316

dt-bindings: usb: new ehci-npcm7xx dt

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=dc748b66dbfbbfa187044f007d42d9cc01e5ab11

USB host: Add USB ehci support for nuvoton npcm7xx platform

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=df44831ee2dde0d61f17ca86069f2c992c0dae95

ipmi: kcs_bmc: fix IRQ exception if the channel is not open

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=dc0f0a026d33819bb82d5c26ab2fca838e2004be

MAINTAINERS: fix location of DT npcm files

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=5efa6f8473cc50299c0bdd68280a472993cc5c32

Commits will upstream to kernel 4.20

pinctrl: nuvoton: add NPCM7xx pinctrl and GPIO driver

https://git.linaro.org/people/linus.walleij/linux-pinctrl.git/commit/?h=for-next&id=3b588e43ee5c7ad8ccccfbfc6fc379b816c178f0

dt-binding: pinctrl: Add NPCM7xx pinctrl and GPIO documentation

https://git.linaro.org/people/linus.walleij/linux-pinctrl.git/commit/?h=for-next&id=d0e4e8f0d6abd8e992cb8cdc57a1396dd1e3a486

Cheers,

Tomer

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__gerrit.openbmc-2Dproject.xyz_c_openbmc_meta-2Dnuvoton_-2B_12189&d=DwIBaQ&c=ue8mO8zgC4VZ4q_aNVKt8G9MC01UFDmisvMR1k-EoDM&r=WJW-vPFNTcfKHb42vTc4y3IBQ7akhI7wC11O8Fn0f7M&m=CaONU5XNqZuza-Ltp8bAlechKLFhTtZsl3E6MRvCWIs&s=_SpVSG1SOD8ZXKxPWRv-mJK-qdmj_5zrFXb2XexbSsU&e=

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__gerrit.openbmc-2Dproject.xyz_c_openbmc_meta-2Daspeed_-2B_12183&d=DwIBaQ&c=ue8mO8zgC4VZ4q_aNVKt8G9MC01UFDmisvMR1k-EoDM&r=WJW-vPFNTcfKHb42vTc4y3IBQ7akhI7wC11O8Fn0f7M&m=CaONU5XNqZuza-Ltp8bAlechKLFhTtZsl3E6MRvCWIs&s=7ZghEAsW4YurO_4emqH9Fmc3XeFWBiQuMufOlTfzzeQ&e=

I would appreciate input from the Nuvoton crew.

Cheers,

Joel

The privileged confidential information contained in this email is intended for use only by the addressees as indicated by the original sender of this email. If you are not the addressee indicated in this email or are not responsible for delivery of the email to such a person, please kindly reply to the sender indicating this fact and delete all copies of it from your computer and network server immediately. Your cooperation is highly appreciated. It is advised that any unauthorized use of confidential information of Nuvoton is strictly prohibited; and any information in this email irrelevant to the official business of Nuvoton shall be deemed as neither given nor endorsed by Nuvoton.

* Re: Linux kernel: Moving to 4.18
@ 2018-09-03 21:21     ` Joel Stanley
From: Joel Stanley @ 2018-09-03 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tomer Maimon
  Cc: OpenBMC Maillist, Andrew Jeffery, Cédric Le Goater, Eddie James

On Thu, 30 Aug 2018 at 07:24, <tomer.maimon@nuvoton.com> wrote:
> Please add to dev-4.18
>
> Commits upstream to kernel 4.19

Some of these were already upstream. I have picked the ones that
weren't and put them in dev-4.18. Please test
6082c3474393633ed6452419e9c3e41273201121 and let me know how it goes.

Cheers,

Joel