* #yocto Remove hexdump from image
@ 2021-11-19  9:02 lucapirozzi
From: lucapirozzi @ 2021-11-19  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to remove some application, some of them packages and other being busybox parts.

I'm trying to remove hexdump from my image and I configured every busybox defconfig to have CONFIG_HEXDUMP and its REVERSE CONFIG to =n.

But I'm finding hexdump in my image filesystem nevertheless.

Any help?

Thank you and Regards.

* Re: [yocto] #yocto Remove hexdump from image
@ 2021-11-19  9:04 ` Josef Holzmayr
       [not found]   ` <30193.1637313072098009007@lists.yoctoproject.org>
From: Josef Holzmayr @ 2021-11-19  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Am 19.11.2021 um 10:02 schrieb lucapirozzi via lists.yoctoproject.org:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm trying to remove some application, some of them packages and other
> being busybox parts.
>
> I'm trying to remove hexdump from my image and I configured every
> busybox defconfig to have CONFIG_HEXDUMP and its REVERSE CONFIG to =n.
>
> But I'm finding hexdump in my image filesystem nevertheless.

Check oe-pkgdata-util find-path in your build to find out which
package/recipe to actually look at.

Greetz

> Any help?
>
> Thank you and Regards.

* Re: #yocto Remove hexdump from image
@ 2021-11-19  9:12   ` lucapirozzi
       [not found]   ` <30193.1637313072098009007@lists.yoctoproject.org>
From: lucapirozzi @ 2021-11-19  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi Joseph,

thank you for replying.

Shall I use the oe-pkgdata-util find-path this way?

oe-pkgdata-util  find-path /usr/bin/hexdump

Because I'm encountering an error
ERROR: Unable to find any package producing path /usr/bin/hexdump

So I think I am doing something wrong

* Re: Private: Re: [yocto] #yocto Remove hexdump from image
       [not found]     ` <480703b8-3ec2-1fba-a38b-5eac9504d3c5@theyoctojester.info>
@ 2021-11-19 13:25       ` Jason Andryuk
From: Jason Andryuk @ 2021-11-19 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Josef Holzmayr; +Cc: lucapirozzi, yocto

On Fri, Nov 19, 2021 at 4:14 AM Josef Holzmayr
<jester@theyoctojester.info> wrote:

> (re-adding list)
>
> Am 19.11.2021 um 10:11 schrieb lucapirozzi via lists.yoctoproject.org:
> > Hi Joseph,
> >
> > thank you for replying.
> >
> > Shall I use oe-pkgdata-util find-patch this way?
> >
> > oe-pkgdata-util  find-path /usr/bin/hexdump
> >
> > Because it gives me an error
> > ERROR: Unable to find any package producing path /usr/bin/hexdump
>
> You have to use the path you found hexdump at. Check in your running
> target by using "which", or inspect the image contents.

You may not be getting any result because /usr/bin/hexdump is an
alternatives symlink to
/usr/bin/hexdump.util-linux for example (util-linux-hexdump).

Regards,
Jason

* Re: [yocto] #yocto Remove hexdump from image
@ 2021-11-20 17:04     ` Randy MacLeod
From: Randy MacLeod @ 2021-11-20 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lucapirozzi, yocto

On 2021-11-19 4:12 a.m., lucapirozzi via lists.yoctoproject.org wrote:
> Hi Joseph,
>
> thank you for replying.
>
> Shall I use the oe-pkgdata-util find-path this way?
>
> oe-pkgdata-util  find-path /usr/bin/hexdump
>
> Because I'm encountering an error
> ERROR: Unable to find any package producing path /usr/bin/hexdump
>
> So I think I am doing something wrong

Hi Luca,

I think you either need the right key/string:

$ oe-pkgdata-util  find-path /bin/ls.coreutils

coreutils: /bin/ls.coreutils

or to use a wildcard and quotes:

$ oe-pkgdata-util  find-path "/bin/ls*"

coreutils: /bin/ls.coreutils

kmod: /bin/lsmod.kmod

For help:

$ oe-pkgdata-util

oe-pkgdata-util: error: the following arguments are required: <subcommand>

usage: oe-pkgdata-util [-h] [-d] [-p PKGDATA_DIR] <subcommand> ...

OpenEmbedded pkgdata tool - queries the pkgdata files written out during

do_package

   -h, --help            show this help message and exit

   -d, --debug           Enable debug output

   -p PKGDATA_DIR, --pkgdata-dir PKGDATA_DIR

                         Path to pkgdata directory (determined
automatically if

                         not specified)

subcommands:

   lookup-pkg            Translate between recipe-space package names and

                         runtime package names

   list-pkgs             List packages

   list-pkg-files        List files within a package

   lookup-recipe         Find recipe producing one or more packages

   package-info          Show version, recipe and size information for
one or

                         more packages

   find-path             Find package providing a target path

   read-value            Read any pkgdata value for one or more packages

   glob                  Expand package name glob expression

Use oe-pkgdata-util <subcommand> --help to get help on a specific command

--
# Randy MacLeod
# Wind River Linux