* ima_template and ima_template_format - supported and legal values
@ 2018-10-05 22:53 Ken Goldman
From: Ken Goldman @ 2018-10-05 22:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux Integrity

I have two questions.

~~

I'm writing an informal specification for the IMA event log.

I'd like to include a chart noting which kernel version first supported
various options.  I.e. the IMA templates (ima, ima-ng, ima-sig), and the
ima_template_format directive and its various values.

Does anyone have any contribution?

In return, I'll send the document to anyone who asks.

~~

I'm writing a library of useful IMA event log parsing functions.

Are all format combinations legal?  It's not enough to look at today's
code, because the code can change.

For example, ima_template_format="sig" doesn't make sense, because
it's a signature over a missing file data hash, but it's accepted.
The log it creates is odd, though, with just two entries.