* Leverage source code from another repository
@ 2019-08-23 10:27 Harry Sung1
From: Harry Sung1 @ 2019-08-23 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

Hi Team,

Is it ok to leverage source code from another repository?
For example, if I only want to use the FRU write command from intel-ipmi-oem.
https://github.com/openbmc/intel-ipmi-oem/blob/master/src/storagecommands.cpp#L316

Is it allowed to copy it into our ipmi oem library?

Thanks,
Harry

* Re: Leverage source code from another repository
@ 2019-08-26 15:34 ` Vernon Mauery
From: Vernon Mauery @ 2019-08-26 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Harry Sung1; +Cc: openbmc

On 23-Aug-2019 10:27 AM, Harry Sung1 wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> Is it ok to leverage source code from another repository?
> For example, if I only want to use the FRU write command from intel-ipmi-oem.
> https://github.com/openbmc/intel-ipmi-oem/blob/master/src/storagecommands.cpp#L316
>
> Is it allowed to copy it into our ipmi oem library?

The licenses on the repositories allow it. As long as the copyrights are
kept and the licences don't conflict, it should be fine.

That being said, many of the handlers in intel-ipmi-oem work well
together and it may be that you just want to include the whole provider
libarary.

--Vernon