* ebtables vlan captive portal
@ 2015-03-12  3:39 danny
From: danny @ 2015-03-12  3:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

http://s16.postimg.org/e5nu6g1md/bridgevlancaptive.png

The above image link is based on my project about captive portal. As you
can see on the image i have a diagram on LEFT side which is WORKING
without a problem on a normal scenario without any vlan.

On RIGHT side however, it is similar to the setup on left side but it is
with multiple VLAN.

I am having difficulties on finding the solution on this. need your
input.

Currently im looking at ebtables form the link

http://ebtables.netfilter.org/misc/ebtables-man.html#lbBD
Basically the idea is to intercept the packet that flows to bridge
interface from whatever vlan is tagged and create the same rule as the
iptables to mark packet and redirect to login page.

I welcome your possible solutions in this.

* Re: ebtables vlan captive portal
@ 2015-03-12 11:27 ` Arturo Borrero Gonzalez
From: Arturo Borrero Gonzalez @ 2015-03-12 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 12 March 2015 at 04:39,  <danny@ezelink.com> wrote:
> http://s16.postimg.org/e5nu6g1md/bridgevlancaptive.png
>
> The above image link is based on my project about captive portal. As you can
> see on the image i have a diagram on LEFT side which is WORKING without a
> problem on a normal scenario without any vlan.
>
> On RIGHT side however, it is similar to the setup on left side but it is
> with multiple VLAN.
>
> I am having difficulties on finding the solution on this. need your input.
>
> Currently im looking at ebtables form the link

If you're planning a new project based on ebtables, would you consider
taking a look into nftables?

best regards.
--
Arturo Borrero Gonz√°lez

* RE: ebtables vlan captive portal
@ 2015-03-13  5:20   ` Danilo Magat
From: Danilo Magat @ 2015-03-13  5:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you for this input. It looks very much promising and easy.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Danilo Magat

@ 2015-03-14 11:13   ` Danilo Magat
From: Danilo Magat @ 2015-03-14 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi guys,

Any Idea about this?:

[root@localhost nftables]# make
make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/root/nftables'
Making all in src
make[2]: Entering directory `/root/nftables/src'
make  all-am
make[3]: Entering directory `/root/nftables/src'
  CC     main.o
In file included from ../include/netlink.h:10,
                 from main.c:25:
/usr/include/linux/netlink.h:35: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before ‘sa_family_t’
make[3]: *** [main.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/root/nftables/src'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/nftables/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/nftables'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Thanks & Best Regards,
Danilo Magat
eZeLink Telecom
www.ezelink.com
Ph: +971 4 457 2218 Ext: 110
Facebook - Twitter - LinkedIn - G+ - Pinterest - Instagram
Bay Square Building 06 - Office No 105 - Business Bay
P.O Box 111581, Dubai, UAE
Note: My Email Id is changed from danny@sb-ps.ae to danny@ezelink.com, please update in your record.

> The above image link is based on my project about captive portal. As
> you can see on the image i have a diagram on LEFT side which is
> WORKING without a problem on a normal scenario without any vlan.
>
> On RIGHT side however, it is similar to the setup on left side but it
> is with multiple VLAN.
>
> I am having difficulties on finding the solution on this. need your input.
>
> Currently im looking at ebtables form the link

If you're planning a new project based on ebtables, would you consider taking a look into nftables?

best regards.
--
Arturo Borrero González