* v15.2.4 Octopus released
@ 2020-06-30 20:37 David Galloway
       [not found] ` <d21c2b58-1191-5e5f-3df1-a84d42750b48-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org>
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: David Galloway @ 2020-06-30 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-announce, ceph-users, dev, ceph-devel, ceph-maintainers

We're happy to announce the fourth bugfix release in the Octopus series.
In addition to a security fix in RGW, this release brings a range of fixes
across all components. We recommend that all Octopus users upgrade to this
release. For a detailed release notes with links & changelog please
refer to the official blog entry at https://ceph.io/releases/v15-2-4-octopus-released

Notable Changes
---------------
* CVE-2020-10753: rgw: sanitize newlines in s3 CORSConfiguration's ExposeHeader
  (William Bowling, Adam Mohammed, Casey Bodley)

* Cephadm: There were a lot of small usability improvements and bug fixes:
  * Grafana when deployed by Cephadm now binds to all network interfaces.
  * `cephadm check-host` now prints all detected problems at once.
  * Cephadm now calls `ceph dashboard set-grafana-api-ssl-verify false`
    when generating an SSL certificate for Grafana.
  * The Alertmanager is now correctly pointed to the Ceph Dashboard
  * `cephadm adopt` now supports adopting an Alertmanager
  * `ceph orch ps` now supports filtering by service name
  * `ceph orch host ls` now marks hosts as offline, if they are not
    accessible.

* Cephadm can now deploy NFS Ganesha services. For example, to deploy NFS with
  a service id of mynfs, that will use the RADOS pool nfs-ganesha and namespace
  nfs-ns::

    ceph orch apply nfs mynfs nfs-ganesha nfs-ns

* Cephadm: `ceph orch ls --export` now returns all service specifications in
  yaml representation that is consumable by `ceph orch apply`. In addition,
  the commands `orch ps` and `orch ls` now support `--format yaml` and
  `--format json-pretty`.

* Cephadm: `ceph orch apply osd` supports a `--preview` flag that prints a preview of
  the OSD specification before deploying OSDs. This makes it possible to
  verify that the specification is correct, before applying it.

* RGW: The `radosgw-admin` sub-commands dealing with orphans --
  `radosgw-admin orphans find`, `radosgw-admin orphans finish`, and
  `radosgw-admin orphans list-jobs` -- have been deprecated. They have
  not been actively maintained and they store intermediate results on
  the cluster, which could fill a nearly-full cluster.  They have been
  replaced by a tool, currently considered experimental,
  `rgw-orphan-list`.

* RBD: The name of the rbd pool object that is used to store
  rbd trash purge schedule is changed from "rbd_trash_trash_purge_schedule"
  to "rbd_trash_purge_schedule". Users that have already started using
  `rbd trash purge schedule` functionality and have per pool or namespace
  schedules configured should copy "rbd_trash_trash_purge_schedule"
  object to "rbd_trash_purge_schedule" before the upgrade and remove
  "rbd_trash_purge_schedule" using the following commands in every RBD
  pool and namespace where a trash purge schedule was previously
  configured::

    rados -p <pool-name> [-N namespace] cp rbd_trash_trash_purge_schedule rbd_trash_purge_schedule
    rados -p <pool-name> [-N namespace] rm rbd_trash_trash_purge_schedule

  or use any other convenient way to restore the schedule after the
  upgrade.

Getting Ceph
------------
* Git at git://github.com/ceph/ceph.git
* Tarball at http://download.ceph.com/tarballs/ceph-14.2.10.tar.gz
* For packages, see http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/install/get-packages/
* Release git sha1: 7447c15c6ff58d7fce91843b705a268a1917325c

--
David Galloway
Systems Administrator, RDU

* Re: v15.2.4 Octopus released
       [not found] ` <d21c2b58-1191-5e5f-3df1-a84d42750b48-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-07-01  0:57   ` Sasha Litvak
From: Sasha Litvak @ 2020-07-01  0:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Galloway
  Cc: ceph-announce-a8pt6IJUokc, ceph-users, dev-a8pt6IJUokc,
	ceph-devel, ceph-maintainers-a8pt6IJUokc

David,

Download link points to 14.2.10 tarball.

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020, 3:38 PM David Galloway <dgallowa-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org> wrote:

> [...]
>   object to "rbd_trash_purge_schedule" before the upgrade and remove
>   "rbd_trash_purge_schedule" using the following commands in every RBD
>   pool and namespace where a trash purge schedule was previously
>   configured::
>
>     rados -p <pool-name> [-N namespace] cp rbd_trash_trash_purge_schedule
> rbd_trash_purge_schedule
>     rados -p <pool-name> [-N namespace] rm rbd_trash_trash_purge_schedule
>
>   or use any other convenient way to restore the schedule after the
>   upgrade.
>
> Getting Ceph
> ------------
> * Git at git://github.com/ceph/ceph.git
> * Tarball at http://download.ceph.com/tarballs/ceph-14.2.10.tar.gz
> * For packages, see http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/install/get-packages/
> * Release git sha1: 7447c15c6ff58d7fce91843b705a268a1917325c

* Re: [ceph-users] Re: v15.2.4 Octopus released
@ 2020-07-01  1:03     ` Dan Mick
From: Dan Mick @ 2020-07-01  1:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sasha Litvak, David Galloway
  Cc: ceph-announce, ceph-users, dev, ceph-devel, ceph-maintainers

True.  That said, the blog post points to
http://download.ceph.com/tarballs/ where all the tarballs, including
15.2.4, live.

@ 2020-07-01  1:06       ` Neha Ojha
From: Neha Ojha @ 2020-07-01  1:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Mick
  Cc: Sasha Litvak, David Galloway, ceph-announce, ceph-users, dev,

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 6:04 PM Dan Mick <dmick@redhat.com> wrote:

> [...]
> >>    `rgw-orphan-list`.
> >>
> >> * RBD: The name of the rbd pool object that is used to store
> >>    rbd trash purge schedule is changed from "rbd_trash_trash_purge_schedule"
> >>    to "rbd_trash_purge_schedule". Users that have already started using
> >>    `rbd trash purge schedule` functionality and have per pool or namespace
> >>    schedules configured should copy "rbd_trash_trash_purge_schedule"
> >>    object to "rbd_trash_purge_schedule" before the upgrade and remove
> >>    "rbd_trash_purge_schedule" using the following commands in every RBD
> >>    pool and namespace where a trash purge schedule was previously
> >>    configured::
> >>
> >>      rados -p <pool-name> [-N namespace] cp rbd_trash_trash_purge_schedule
> >> rbd_trash_purge_schedule
> >>      rados -p <pool-name> [-N namespace] rm rbd_trash_trash_purge_schedule
> >>
> >>    or use any other convenient way to restore the schedule after the

Correction:
* Tarball at http://download.ceph.com/tarballs/ceph-15.2.4.tar.gz

> >> * For packages, see http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/install/get-packages/
> >> * Release git sha1: 7447c15c6ff58d7fce91843b705a268a1917325c
> >>
> >> --
> >> David Galloway
> >> Systems Administrator, RDU
> >> Ceph Engineering
> >> IRC: dgalloway

* v14.2.12 Nautilus released
       [not found] ` <d21c2b58-1191-5e5f-3df1-a84d42750b48-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-10-20 21:16 ` David Galloway
From: David Galloway @ 2020-10-20 21:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-announce, ceph-users, dev, ceph-devel, ceph-maintainers

This is the 12th backport release in the Nautilus series. This release
brings a number of bugfixes across all major components of Ceph. We
recommend that all Nautilus users upgrade to this release. For a
detailed release notes with links & changelog please
refer to the official blog entry at
https://ceph.io/releases/v14-2-12-nautilus-released

Notable Changes
---------------
* The `ceph df` command now lists the number of pgs in each pool.

* Monitors now have a config option `mon_osd_warn_num_repaired`, 10 by
default. If any OSD has repaired more than this many I/O errors in
stored data a `OSD_TOO_MANY_REPAIRS` health warning is generated. In
order to allow clearing of the warning, a new command `ceph tell osd.#
clear_shards_repaired [count]` has been added. By default it will set
the repair count to 0. If you wanted to be warned again if additional
repairs are performed you can provide a value to the command and specify
the value of `mon_osd_warn_num_repaired`. This command will be replaced
in future releases by the health mute/unmute feature.

* It is now possible to specify the initial monitor to contact for Ceph
tools and daemons using the `mon_host_override` config option or
`--mon-host-override <ip>` command-line switch. This generally should
only be used for debugging and only affects initial communication with
Ceph’s monitor cluster.

Getting Ceph
------------
* Git at git://github.com/ceph/ceph.git
* Tarball at http://download.ceph.com/tarballs/ceph-14.2.12.tar.gz
* For packages, see http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/install/get-packages/
* Release git sha1: 2f3caa3b8b3d5c5f2719a1e9d8e7deea5ae1a5c6

* v15.2.8 Octopus released
       [not found] ` <d21c2b58-1191-5e5f-3df1-a84d42750b48-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-12-17  2:53 ` David Galloway
From: David Galloway @ 2020-12-17  2:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-announce, ceph-users, dev, ceph-devel, ceph-maintainers

We're happy to announce the 8th backport release in the Octopus series. This release fixes a security flaw in CephFS and includes a number of bug fixes. We recommend users to update to this release. For a detailed release notes with links & changelog please refer to the official blog entry at https://ceph.io/releases/v15-2-8-octopus-released

Notable Changes
---------------

* CVE-2020-27781 : OpenStack Manila use of ceph_volume_client.py library allowed
  tenant access to any Ceph credential's secret. (Kotresh Hiremath Ravishankar,
  Ramana Raja)

* ceph-volume: The `lvm batch` subcommand received a major rewrite. This closed
  a number of bugs and improves usability in terms of size specification and
  calculation, as well as idempotency behaviour and disk replacement process.
  Please refer to https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/ceph-volume/lvm/batch/ for
  more detailed information.

* MON: The cluster log now logs health detail every `mon_health_to_clog_interval`,
  which has been changed from 1hr to 10min. Logging of health detail will be
  skipped if there is no change in health summary since last known.

* The `ceph df` command now lists the number of pgs in each pool.

* The `bluefs_preextend_wal_files` option has been removed.

* It is now possible to specify the initial monitor to contact for Ceph tools
  and daemons using the `mon_host_override` config option or
  `--mon-host-override <ip>` command-line switch. This generally should only
  be used for debugging and only affects initial communication with Ceph's
  monitor cluster.

Getting Ceph
* Git at git://github.com/ceph/ceph.git
* Tarball at http://download.ceph.com/tarballs/ceph-15.2.8.tar.gz
* For packages, see http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/install/get-packages/
* Release git sha1: bdf3eebcd22d7d0b3dd4d5501bee5bac354d5b55