* [Buildroot] Flashing EFI on internal SSD
@ 2018-08-27 19:27 LP C
From: LP C @ 2018-08-27 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi,

Simple question here. I have generated an .img file using the pc_x86_64_efi_defconfig. My embedded system is an Intel Computestick. Now I would like to flash the internal SSD drive of the computestick.
I tried to load a live distro (ubuntu) and tried to dd's the .img directly on the SSD block device and rebooted. Unfortunately the system says that no boot device has been detected.

Secure boot has been disabled in the bios, and UEFI is enabled.
Any clues on this?
THank you, BR
Louis-Paul CORDIER
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [Buildroot] Flashing EFI on internal SSD
@ 2018-08-27 20:32 ` Carlos Santos
From: Carlos Santos @ 2018-08-27 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
> Simple question here. I have generated an .img file using the
> pc_x86_64_efi_defconfig. My embedded system is an Intel Computestick. Now I
> would like to flash the internal SSD drive of the computestick.
> I tried to load a live distro (ubuntu) and tried to dd's the .img directly on
> the SSD block device and rebooted. Unfortunately the system says that no boot
> device has been detected.

> Secure boot has been disabled in the bios, and UEFI is enabled.

> Any clues on this?

You must create an UEFI boot entry, either interactively via BIOS menu
(depends on the BIOS vendor), or running efibootmgr on the command line.

--
Carlos Santos (Casantos) - DATACOM, P&D
?Marched towards the enemy, spear upright, armed with the certainty

* [Buildroot] Flashing EFI on internal SSD
@ 2018-08-28  9:02   ` lpdev at cordier.org
From: lpdev at cordier.org @ 2018-08-28  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Works like a charm, thanks!