From: Marcin Nowakowski <marcin.nowakowski@mips.com>
To: Serge Semin <fancer.lancer@gmail.com>, <ralf@linux-mips.org>,
	<paul.burton@imgtec.com>, <rabinv@axis.com>,
	<matt.redfearn@imgtec.com>, <james.hogan@imgtec.com>,
	<alexander.sverdlin@nokia.com>, <marcin.nowakowski@imgtec.com>,
	<f.fainelli@gmail.com>, <kumba@gentoo.org>
Cc: <Sergey.Semin@t-platforms.ru>, <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>,
	<linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [RFC] MIPS memblock: Remove bootmem code and switch to NO_BOOTMEM
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2017 08:18:09 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi Serge,

On 19.12.2017 21:14, Serge Semin wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> Almost a year ago I sent a patchset to the Linux MIPS community. The main target of the patchset
> was to get rid from the old bootmem allocator usage at the MIPS architecture. Additionally I had
> a problem with CMA usage on my MIPS machine due to some struct page-related issue. Moving to the
> memblock allocator fixed the problem and gave us benefits like smaller memory consumption,
> powerful memblock API to be used within the arch code.
>
> @marcin.nowakowski@imgtec.com. Could you confirm if you are still interested in the patchset and
> ready to update the Loongson64 platform code so one would be compatible with it?

I am currently working on different projects, but I will try to do my
best to help with this (but just might require more time than I would
otherwise need).
Given the scale of the task and the amount of testing required, I expect
that it will take a while to get a complete set of patches reviewed and
tested which should hopefully be enough to fix support for all platforms
affected.

Marcin

From: Marcin Nowakowski <marcin.nowakowski@mips.com>
To: Serge Semin <fancer.lancer@gmail.com>,