* How to build yocto image with Desktop #dunfell
@ 2021-09-15  6:02 prashantsingh
From: prashantsingh @ 2021-09-15  6:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Dear Team,
I need to build Rpi3 image  with yocto which includes Desktop, so how can build the image with desktop feature, so that I can use it for browsing purpose after installing one of the available browser with this image.

* Re: [yocto] How to build yocto image with Desktop #dunfell
@ 2021-09-15 16:22 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2021-09-15 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: prashantsingh, yocto

On 9/14/21 11:02 PM, prashantsingh@dialtronics.com wrote:
> Dear Team,
> I need to build Rpi3 image  with yocto which includes Desktop, so how
> can build the image with desktop feature, so that I can use it for
> browsing purpose after installing one of the available browser with this
> image.

there is core-image-x11 which will be bareminimal and core-image-weston
if you want to use wayland/weston based desktop.

if you like XFCE for desktop then close meta-openembedded and add
meta-oe and meta-xfce to your layers and build core-image-minimal-xfce
also see
https://git.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded/tree/meta-xfce/README