* RE: [ceph-users] Fwd: ceph upgrade from luminous to nautils
       [not found] ` <CANA9Uk6h6zVU8GTFyG1-pK27+J-9GAuKMq6wqo4=ySFeG9j9-w@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2021-07-08 12:14   ` Marc
From: Marc @ 2021-07-08 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: M Ranga Swami Reddy, ceph-devel, ceph-users

I did the same upgrade from Luminous to Nautilus, and still have osd's created with ceph-disk. I am slowly migrating to lvm and encryption.

However I did have some issues with osd's not starting, you have to check run levels and make sure the symlinks are still correct. I also had something that I had to change ownership /dev/sdX before it would start.

I still have this in my rc.local

chown ceph.ceph /dev/sdb2
chown ceph.ceph /dev/sdc2
chown ceph.ceph /dev/sdd2
chown ceph.ceph /dev/sde2
chown ceph.ceph /dev/sdf2
chown ceph.ceph /dev/sdg2
chown ceph.ceph /dev/sdh2
chown ceph.ceph /dev/sdi2
chown ceph.ceph /dev/sdj2
chown ceph.ceph /dev/sdk2

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-07-08 12:50 UTC | newest]