* [BUG] in tools/hcitool.c:cmd_scan
@ 2020-09-23  7:51 Bisseling
From: Bisseling @ 2020-09-23  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

[BUG] in tools/hcitool.c:cmd_scan

Hi guys and gals,

I found a little bug in the above function and would like to have it fixed.
I could not find any other way to submit a bug than this mailing list.

The function contains the following code:

for  (n  =  0;  n  <  248  &&  name[n];  n++)  {
	if  ((unsigned  char)  name[i]  <  32  ||  name[i]  ==  127)
		name[i]  =  '.';
} |

|It is pretty obvious that the loop should use the index variable n
instead of i in all three places. The variable i is the index variable
of the outer loop running over all responses. This mistake leads to
garbled names and sometimes even to SIGSEGV on x86_AMD64. How would I
fork your project and commit a pull request like on github? Thanks in
advance Georg |

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-09-23  7:51 UTC | newest]