@ 2006-07-13 14:39 Daniel Kweh
From: Daniel Kweh @ 2006-07-13 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sparclinux

Hi,
I tried to install debian Linux onto Ultra 2. I hit
<Stop A> to stop the booting from default. I key in
boot cdrom, it did tries to reboot from cdrom and
started on reading the debian intstall cd, then it
stops at and error and couldnt reproceed. I cant key
anything on the system. It seems to be hang.
this is the error

Allocated 8 Megs of memory at 0x40000000 for kernel
Loaded Kernel version 2.4.27
phys, 0x40C00000 virt)...

inconsistent console:  input 1, output 0
program terminated
ok..

http://mail.yahoo.com

* Re: loading Debian Linux onto Sun Ultra2
@ 2006-07-13 17:35 ` Eric Brower
From: Eric Brower @ 2006-07-13 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sparclinux

On 7/13/06, Daniel Kweh <dakweh29@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I tried to install debian Linux onto Ultra 2. I hit
> <Stop A> to stop the booting from default. I key in
> boot cdrom, it did tries to reboot from cdrom and
> started on reading the debian intstall cd, then it
> stops at and error and couldnt reproceed. I cant key
> anything on the system. It seems to be hang.
> this is the error
>
> Allocated 8 Megs of memory at 0x40000000 for kernel
> Loaded Kernel version 2.4.27
> phys, 0x40C00000 virt)...
>
> inconsistent console:  input 1, output 0
> program terminated
> ok..

Your OBP settings have incompatible values for input-device and
output-device, it seems.  What does "getenv" show from the ok> OBP
prompt?  Your "input-device" and "output-device" should be compatible
(that means "input=keyboard, output=screen or both ttya or ttyb).

In a pinch, you can hold-down Stop-N during the boot process to reset
your OBP to default values (which may not be what you want depending
upon your configuration, which we know nothing about).