* Yocto Project Status WW17`22
@ 2022-04-26 15:05 Richard Purdie
From: Richard Purdie @ 2022-04-26 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto, openembedded-core

Current Dev Position: YP 4.1 M1
Next Deadline: 30th May 2022 YP 4.1 M1 Build

Next Team Meetings:
 * Bug Triage meeting Thursday Apr. 28th 7:30 am PDT
   (https://zoom.us/j/454367603?pwd=ZGxoa2ZXL3FkM3Y0bFd5aVpHVVZ6dz09)
 * Monthly Project Meeting Tuesday May 3rd at 8 am PDT
   (https://zoom.us/j/990892712?pwd=cHU1MjhoM2x6ck81bkcrYjRrcmJsUT09)
 * Weekly Engineering Sync Tuesday Apr. 26th  at 8 am PDT
   (https://zoom.us/j/990892712?pwd=cHU1MjhoM2x6ck81bkcrYjRrcmJsUT09)
 * Twitch -  See https://www.twitch.tv/theyoctojester

Key Status/Updates:
 * The next release, kirkstone will be 4.0 (previously known as 3.5) and will be
   bitbake 2.0 based.
 * The YP 4.0 (3.5) is due to release pending final checks on documentation and
   release notes.
 * YP 3.3.6 has passed QA and pending TSC approval for release
 * YP 3.1.16 has been built and entering QA
 * There is a major issue from a recent CVE fix to git which is making it’s way
   into various distros and causes problems when git is used from a fakeroot
   environment. We use git from the host so we are exposed to the issue. There
   are several patches attempting to fix this, the initial fixes in master were
   not quite enough unfortunately.
 * Performance workers on the autobuilder have been replaced with new alma8 and
   debian 11 systems. The previous centos7 and ubuntu1604 systems completed over
   5800 builds each!
 * Master has started taking new patches but the git issue above is impeding
   testing.
 * YP 4.1 planning document is available for review at:
   https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-
   g7DatSdmIETwD3xFSCxV7MbWVVkpQvQ788mIr1MPTI/edit?usp=sharing
 * If people see intermittent issues in their own builds, particularly if
   they’re the same as intermittent issues seen on the autobuilder, please do
   comment in the bugs mentioning when they happen as the frequency information
   does help us prioritize fixing the most common issues.
 * Intermittent issues continue to be at high levels and help is very much
   welcome in trying to resolve them. You can see the list of failures we’re
   continuing to see by searching for the “AB-INT” tag in bugzilla:
   https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT

Ways to contribute:
 * There are bugs identified as possible for newcomers to the project:
   https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Newcomers
 * There are bugs that are currently unassigned for YP 3.5. See:
   https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Bug_Triage#Medium.2B_3.5_Unassigned_Enhanc
   ements.2FBugs
 * We’d welcome new maintainers for recipes in OE-Core. Please see the list at:
   http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/conf/distro/include/maint
   ainers.inc and discuss with the existing maintainer, or ask on the OE-Core
   mailing list. We will likely move a chunk of these to “Unassigned” soon to
   help facilitate this.
 * Help us resolve CVE issues: CVE metrics

YP 4.0 Milestone Dates:
 * YP 4.0 Release date 2022/04/29

YP 4.1 Milestone Dates:
 * YP 4.1 M1 build date 2022/05/30
 * YP 4.1 M1 Release date 2022/06/10
 * YP 4.1 M2 build date 2022/07/11
 * YP 4.1 M2 Release date 2022/07/22
 * YP 4.1 M3 build date 2022/08/22
 * YP 4.1 M3 Release date 2022/09/02
 * YP 4.1 M4 build date 2022/10/03
 * YP 4.1 M4 Release date 2022/10/28

Upcoming dot releases:
 * YP 3.3.6 out of QA
 * YP 3.1.16 build date 2022/04/25
 * YP 3.1.16 Release date 2022/05/06
 * YP 3.4.4 build date 2022/05/02
 * YP 3.4.4 Release date 2022/05/13
 * YP 4.0.1 build date 2022/05/16
 * YP 4.0.1 Release date 2022/05/27
 * YP 3.1.17 build date 2022/06/06
 * YP 3.1.17 Release date 2022/06/17
 * YP 4.0.2 build date 2022/06/27
 * YP 4.0.2 Release date 2022/07/08
 * YP 3.1.18 build date 2022/07/18
 * YP 3.1.18 Release date 2022/07/29
 * YP 4.0.3 build date 2022/08/08
 * YP 4.0.3 Release date 2022/08/19
 * YP 3.1.19 build date 2022/08/29
 * YP 3.1.19 Release date 2022/09/09
 * YP 4.0.4 build date 2022/09/19
 * YP 4.0.4 Release date 2022/09/30
 * YP 3.1.20 build date 2022/10/10
 * YP 3.1.20 Release date 2022/10/21
 * YP 4.0.5 build date 2022/10/31
 * YP 4.0.5 Release date 2022/11/11

Tracking Metrics:
 * WDD 2495 (last week 2597) (https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)
 * OE-Core/Poky Patch Metrics
    - Total patches found: 1215 (last week 1215)
    - Patches in the Pending State: 343 (28%) [last week 343 (28%)]

The Yocto Project’s technical governance is through its Technical Steering
Committee, more information is available at:
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/TSC

The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at:
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this
weekly status update, let us know!]