* Fwd: mwifiex+wpa_supplicant cannot set up WPA/WPA2 ADHOC
@ 2016-07-07  0:36 Nestor Machno
From: Nestor Machno @ 2016-07-07  0:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wireless

Hi All,
Amitkumar, can you confirm if this this is a bug or today is fixed?

Vincent, I had also faced similar issue on Surface Pro 2 with
backports from 4.1... So here few question:

* I saw in 1st post that you where working to make work the
wpa_supplicant with mixed configuration for adhoc (wpa-none +
wpa-ibss), but also in recent post that you focus mostly on debugging
wpa-ibss. I suggest to focus your test on one wpa mode and I think
wpa-none better because it's easier..
* Why you are not testing the latest backport from upstream kernel? as
you can know Marvell is focus most to fix open issue on current stable
release, I saw from commit that recently they fix something about WPA
on mixflex, see
https://backports.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Documentation/compat-drivers/hacking
* Would be good information to know if you tested also on backport
3.x, did you?  I know mwifiex's WPA stack changed a lot from 3.x
kernel.
* To support you more, could you enable debug info and provide full
log of your setup? .config? patch? anything else?
* Can you share us your hacked backport?
* Lat question Vincent, are you working for AIRBUS, ACTIA or THALES ?  :)

Best Regards
Nestor

@ 2016-06-10 15:37 Vincent CESSON
       [not found] ` <CAKVVYBk2Rf6RMPW1uySq4M7LeFCRHBGipYdiOqwQSHxFNmst=A@mail.gmail.com>
From: Vincent CESSON @ 2016-06-10 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wireless

Dear all,

I need to set a secured Adhoc network using WPA or WPA2 on my embedded
device (linux 3.10, mwifiex backported 4.1.1, wpa_supplicant 2.5 (with
CONFIG_IBSS_RSN=y), hostap 2.5). I tried the following configs:

WPA-NONE:
I start a WPA-NONE Adhoc with wpa_supplicant on the embedded device
(see wpa_supplicant-wpa-none.conf + wpa_supplicant-wpa-none.log). Then
from my computer (Ubuntu 14.04), I managed to join the network and ping
the device without setting any password! The connection is not secured.

WPA-PSK:
I also tried WPA-RSN (see wpa_supplicant-rsn.conf +
wpa_supplicant-rsn.log). As you can see in log file, the 4Way-Handshake
is completed. But after some seconds, the log shows a timeout and an
authentication failure. The device and my computer are connected to the
same network and they share the same BSS, but ping always fails. Note
that if I set a bad password on computer side, the handshake never
completes.

dmesg does not show any error.
WEP works fine.

Any idea of what could be wrong?