* BTRFS corruption after hardware issues
@ 2017-04-03 15:26 Brian B
From: Brian B @ 2017-04-03 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

I had a stick of memory go bad in my server, and after removing it my
BTRFS filesystem seems to be damaged.

If I mount the volume rw and try to use the volume, most actions will
hang, and I get btrfs-transactio related errors in the logs.

'btrfsck --repair' seems to sit in a loop, printing the same messages
about attempting to repair a dozen or so inodes over and over again.

I can mount the volume with '-o ro,recovery', but some folders are
missing from the current live volume.  It looks like some of the nodes
are still there, just orphaned or something.  For instance, from btrfsck:

root 551 inode 102353 errors 2001, no inode item, link count wrong
        unresolved ref dir 261 index 0 namelen 5 name dir1 filetype 2
errors 6, no dir index, no inode ref

So is there some way I can mount that as a root, or re-link it to the
rest of the tree somehow?

* Re: BTRFS corruption after hardware issues
@ 2017-04-03 17:53 ` Brian B
From: Brian B @ 2017-04-03 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs