* [Qemu-devel] Call for patches for the qemu-trivial pull request
@ 2018-10-23 10:04 Laurent Vivier
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Laurent Vivier @ 2018-10-23 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: QEMU Trivial, qemu-devel qemu-devel; +Cc: Michael Tokarev

Hi,

I'm going to collect patches for the next pull request for the
qemu-trivial I'd like to do before the softfreeze.

As we didn't have any pull request for more than 3 months and some of
the patches have been pushed through another maintainer branches, it's a
little bit difficult to collect correctly the patches to send.

So, it would be helpful if any of you knowing that some patches have to
be added to the pull request send me their list.

After the next release, I will try to do pull-requests on a weekly basis.

Thanks,
Laurent

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Call for patches for the qemu-trivial pull request
@ 2018-10-25  6:56 ` Thomas Huth
From: Thomas Huth @ 2018-10-25  6:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laurent Vivier, QEMU Trivial, qemu-devel qemu-devel; +Cc: Michael Tokarev

On 2018-10-23 11:04, Laurent Vivier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm going to collect patches for the next pull request for the
> qemu-trivial I'd like to do before the softfreeze.
>
> As we didn't have any pull request for more than 3 months and some of
> the patches have been pushed through another maintainer branches, it's a
> little bit difficult to collect correctly the patches to send.
>
> So, it would be helpful if any of you knowing that some patches have to
> be added to the pull request send me their list.

For October, I'd suggest:

 configs/alpha: Remove unused CONFIG_PARALLEL_ISA
 https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-trivial/2018-10/msg00081.html

 vga_int: remove unused function protype
 https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2018-10/msg04798.html

 piix: use TYPE_FOO constants than string constats
 https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-trivial/2018-10/msg00071.html

 memory.h: fix types in comments
 (title should be changed with s/types/typos/)
 https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2018-10/msg01570.html

 tests/tcg/README: fix location for lm32 tests
 https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-trivial/2018-10/msg00007.html

 qemu-iotests: fix filename containing checks
 https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-trivial/2018-10/msg00008.html

 qemu-iotests: make 218 executable
 https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-trivial/2018-10/msg00009.html

 docs/devel/testing.rst: add missing newlines after code block
 https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-trivial/2018-10/msg00011.html

 scripts/decodetree.py: remove unused imports
 https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-trivial/2018-10/msg00012.html

 scripts/qemu.py: remove trailing quotes on docstring
 https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-trivial/2018-10/msg00015.html

... will try to have a look at the previous months later ...

 Thomas

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Call for patches for the qemu-trivial pull request
@ 2018-10-25 11:23   ` Laurent Vivier
From: Laurent Vivier @ 2018-10-25 11:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Huth, QEMU Trivial, qemu-devel qemu-devel; +Cc: Michael Tokarev

On 25/10/2018 07:56, Thomas Huth wrote:
> On 2018-10-23 11:04, Laurent Vivier wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm going to collect patches for the next pull request for the
>> qemu-trivial I'd like to do before the softfreeze.
>>
>> As we didn't have any pull request for more than 3 months and some of
>> the patches have been pushed through another maintainer branches, it's a
>> little bit difficult to collect correctly the patches to send.
>>
>> So, it would be helpful if any of you knowing that some patches have to
>> be added to the pull request send me their list.
>
> For October, I'd suggest:
>
>  configs/alpha: Remove unused CONFIG_PARALLEL_ISA
>  https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-trivial/2018-10/msg00081.html

Applied

>  vga_int: remove unused function protype
>  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2018-10/msg04798.html

Applied

>  piix: use TYPE_FOO constants than string constats
>  https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-trivial/2018-10/msg00071.html

Applied

>  memory.h: fix types in comments
>  (title should be changed with s/types/typos/)
>  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2018-10/msg01570.html

Applied

>  tests/tcg/README: fix location for lm32 tests
>  https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-trivial/2018-10/msg00007.html

Applied

>  qemu-iotests: fix filename containing checks
>  https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-trivial/2018-10/msg00008.html

Applied

>  qemu-iotests: make 218 executable
>  https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-trivial/2018-10/msg00009.html

Applied

>  docs/devel/testing.rst: add missing newlines after code block
>  https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-trivial/2018-10/msg00011.html

Applied

>  scripts/decodetree.py: remove unused imports
>  https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-trivial/2018-10/msg00012.html

Applied

>  scripts/qemu.py: remove trailing quotes on docstring
>  https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-trivial/2018-10/msg00015.html

Applied

> ... will try to have a look at the previous months later ...

Thank you Thomas to have done this difficult work.

The collected patches are available on my branch:

git://github.com/vivier/qemu.git trivial-patches

@ 2018-10-25 18:31 ` Emilio G. Cota
From: Emilio G. Cota @ 2018-10-25 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laurent Vivier; +Cc: QEMU Trivial, qemu-devel qemu-devel, Michael Tokarev

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 11:04:36 +0100, Laurent Vivier wrote:
> So, it would be helpful if any of you knowing that some patches have to
> be added to the pull request send me their list.

I sent this one in August:

 linux-user: fix comment s/atomic_write/atomic_set/
 https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2018-08/msg01964.html

Thanks,

		Emilio

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Call for patches for the qemu-trivial pull request
@ 2018-10-25 20:13 ` Thomas Huth
From: Thomas Huth @ 2018-10-25 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laurent Vivier, QEMU Trivial
  Cc: qemu-devel qemu-devel, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé

On 2018-10-23 11:04, Laurent Vivier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm going to collect patches for the next pull request for the
> qemu-trivial I'd like to do before the softfreeze.
>
> As we didn't have any pull request for more than 3 months and some of
> the patches have been pushed through another maintainer branches, it's a
> little bit difficult to collect correctly the patches to send.
>
> So, it would be helpful if any of you knowing that some patches have to
> be added to the pull request send me their list.

For June to September, I'd like to suggest:

 cpu.h: fix a typo in comment
 https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-trivial/2018-09/msg00021.html

 linux-user: fix comment s/atomic_write/atomic_set
 https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-trivial/2018-08/msg00017.html

 tests: Fix typos in comments and help message (found by codespell)
 https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-trivial/2018-07/msg00039.html

 configure: Support pkg-config for zlib
 https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-trivial/2018-07/msg00032.html
 (this had a suggestion for dropping the fallback test, but I think
 that could be done as an additional patch after the next release instead)

 qobject: Catch another straggler for use of qdict_put_str()
 https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-trivial/2018-07/msg00006.html

 xen: Use the PCI_DEVICE macro
 https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-trivial/2018-07/msg00008.html

 tests/bios-tables-test: Remove an useless cast
 https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-trivial/2018-07/msg00009.html

 hw/pci-host: Remove useless parenthesis around DIV_ROUND_UP macro
 https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-trivial/2018-07/msg00011.html

 hw/intc/gicv3: Remove useless parenthesis around DIV_ROUND_UP macro
 https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-trivial/2018-07/msg00012.html

 dump: fix a typo
 https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-trivial/2018-07/msg00002.html

 milkymist-minimac2: Use qemu_log_mask(GUEST_ERROR) instead of error_report
 https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-trivial/2018-07/msg00001.html

 Makefile: Remove qemu-version.h and qemu-options.def during 'make distclean'
 https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-trivial/2018-06/msg00050.html

 ppc: move at24c to its own CONFIG_ symbol
 https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-trivial/2018-05/msg00118.html

Additionally you could also include the reviewed patches from the the
"use qemu_log_mask instead of fprintf" series here:
https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-trivial/2018-06/msg00276.html

 Thomas

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Call for patches for the qemu-trivial pull request
@ 2018-10-25 21:26   ` Laurent Vivier
From: Laurent Vivier @ 2018-10-25 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Huth, QEMU Trivial
  Cc: qemu-devel qemu-devel, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé

On 25/10/2018 21:13, Thomas Huth wrote:
> On 2018-10-23 11:04, Laurent Vivier wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm going to collect patches for the next pull request for the
>> qemu-trivial I'd like to do before the softfreeze.
>>
>> As we didn't have any pull request for more than 3 months and some of
>> the patches have been pushed through another maintainer branches, it's a
>> little bit difficult to collect correctly the patches to send.
>>
>> So, it would be helpful if any of you knowing that some patches have to
>> be added to the pull request send me their list.
>
> For June to September, I'd like to suggest:
>
>  cpu.h: fix a typo in comment
>  https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-trivial/2018-09/msg00021.html

applied

>  linux-user: fix comment s/atomic_write/atomic_set
>  https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-trivial/2018-08/msg00017.html

applied

>  tests: Fix typos in comments and help message (found by codespell)
>  https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-trivial/2018-07/msg00039.html

applied

>  configure: Support pkg-config for zlib
>  https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-trivial/2018-07/msg00032.html
>  (this had a suggestion for dropping the fallback test, but I think
>  that could be done as an additional patch after the next release instead)

applied

>  qobject: Catch another straggler for use of qdict_put_str()
>  https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-trivial/2018-07/msg00006.html

applied

>  xen: Use the PCI_DEVICE macro
>  https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-trivial/2018-07/msg00008.html

applied

>  tests/bios-tables-test: Remove an useless cast
>  https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-trivial/2018-07/msg00009.html

applied

>  hw/pci-host: Remove useless parenthesis around DIV_ROUND_UP macro
>  https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-trivial/2018-07/msg00011.html

applied

>  hw/intc/gicv3: Remove useless parenthesis around DIV_ROUND_UP macro
>  https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-trivial/2018-07/msg00012.html

applied

>  dump: fix a typo
>  https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-trivial/2018-07/msg00002.html

I don't find it in patchwork.

>  milkymist-minimac2: Use qemu_log_mask(GUEST_ERROR) instead of error_report
>  https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-trivial/2018-07/msg00001.html

applied

>  Makefile: Remove qemu-version.h and qemu-options.def during 'make distclean'
>  https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-trivial/2018-06/msg00050.html

doesn't apply cleanly. not applied.

>  ppc: move at24c to its own CONFIG_ symbol
>  https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-trivial/2018-05/msg00118.html

applied

> Additionally you could also include the reviewed patches from the the
> "use qemu_log_mask instead of fprintf" series here:
> https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-trivial/2018-06/msg00276.html

I'll see later for these ones...

Thanks
Laurent