* Re: Patch "net: bcmgenet: soft reset 40nm EPHYs before MAC init" has been added to the 5.3-stable tree
       [not found] ` <CA+PBWz0ukwrZw6hmjeJ4xDgPZ0=YaCaVYTAXdUcXqfnpsTrjjw@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2019-11-06 14:56   ` Greg Kroah-Hartman
       [not found]     ` <CA+PBWz092XryavGihP3uTBoiDRpGSAJh=apEiTHYSKBCjZAhzA@mail.gmail.com>
From: Greg Kroah-Hartman @ 2019-11-06 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doug Berger; +Cc: David S. Miller, Florian Fainelli, stable-commits, stable

On Wed, Nov 06, 2019 at 06:43:37AM -0800, Doug Berger wrote:
> Please do not apply this patch to the stable trees. It has been superceded
> by a recent patch set and reverted upstream.

So drop this and keep the one after this?  That would be 25382b991d25
("net: bcmgenet: reset 40nm EPHY on energy detect")

thanks,

greg k-h

@ 2019-11-06 19:55       ` Doug Berger
From: Doug Berger @ 2019-11-06 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Kroah-Hartman
  Cc: David S. Miller, Florian Fainelli, stable-commits, stable

For clarity, this commit should be handled the same way for all stable
trees (not just 5.3), and I am replying again since my phone used HTML
which was blocked by the mailing lists :(.

My preference is to omit this commit rather than reverting it in the
near future, but if you would prefer to add this one and then revert it
because it is easier for you I will let you make that call.

Thanks,
    Doug

@ 2019-11-07  8:44         ` Greg Kroah-Hartman
From: Greg Kroah-Hartman @ 2019-11-07  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doug Berger; +Cc: David S. Miller, Florian Fainelli, stable-commits, stable

On Wed, Nov 06, 2019 at 11:55:38AM -0800, Doug Berger wrote:
> For clarity, this commit should be handled the same way for all stable
> trees (not just 5.3), and I am replying again since my phone used HTML
> which was blocked by the mailing lists :(.
>
> My preference is to omit this commit rather than reverting it in the
> near future, but if you would prefer to add this one and then revert it
> because it is easier for you I will let you make that call.

Not a problem, I've dropped it now from the 5.3.y queue, thanks!

greg k-h