* No cross-compiling instructions on INSTALL
@ 2021-03-13 13:41 Bagas Sanjaya
From: Bagas Sanjaya @ 2021-03-13 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Hello,

I'm just skimming through INSTALL, and I didn't find any mention to
cross-compiling Git. I think it would be nice to add such instructions to
INSTALL, or to separate INSTALL_CROSS.

The idea of cross-compiling is to compile Git targeting different architecture
and/or OS than build machine (for example, compiling for ARM on x86(_64).

Note that for cross-compiling we need a cross-compiler targeting the desired
target, and for binary compatibility with rest of target system, we need
versions of compiler, libc, and binutils match the ones on the target.

Thanks.

--
An old man doll... just what I always wanted! - Clara

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-03-13 13:42 UTC | newest]