* tzdata.bb
@ 2007-02-07 13:14 Todd Blumer
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Todd Blumer @ 2007-02-07 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel; +Cc: Rene Wagner

Because of the impending changes to daylight savings time (DST) here
in the US, I was motivated to work on creating a new timezone package.
In the base package I tried to put a city in every timezone around the
world. This package replaces the 'timezone' package used by Opie, so
some other packages will need to be changed to depend on tzdata
instead of timezone. (I used 'tzdata' since that is the Debian name
and in case some developers were not ready to switch over to tzdata.)

Someone with write access to oe (something I should probably get
eventually :-) can commit this to dev if you feel it is appropriate to
do so. I have tested the US Eastern time.

I'm sure more work could be done here. Feedback is welcome.
--
Todd Blumer
SDG Systems

[-- Attachment #2: tzdata_2007a.bb --]

DESCRIPTION = "tzdata provides timezone data"
SECTION = "base"
PRIORITY = "optional"
PR = "r0"

# ftp://elsie.nci.nih.gov/pub/tzcode2007a.tar.gz
SRC_URI = "ftp://elsie.nci.nih.gov/pub/tzdata2007a.tar.gz"

S = "${WORKDIR}"

# packages primarily organized by directory
# with a major city in most time zones in the
# base package
#
PROVIDES = "tzdata tzdata-misc tzdata-posix tzdata-right tzdata-africa \
    tzdata-americas tzdata-antarctica tzdata-arctic tzdata-asia \
    tzdata-atlantic tzdata-australia tzdata-europe tzdata-pacific"

RPROVIDES = "tzdata"

PACKAGES = "tzdata tzdata-misc tzdata-posix tzdata-right tzdata-africa \
    tzdata-americas tzdata-antarctica tzdata-arctic tzdata-asia \
    tzdata-atlantic tzdata-australia tzdata-europe tzdata-pacific"

FILES_tzdata-africa += "/usr/share/zoneinfo/Africa/*"
RPROVIDES_tzdata-africa = "tzdata-africa"

FILES_tzdata-americas += "/usr/share/zoneinfo/America/*  \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/US/*                \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/Brazil/*            \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/Canada/*            \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/Mexico/*            \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/Chile/*"
RPROVIDES_tzdata-americas = "tzdata-americas"

FILES_tzdata-antarctica += "/usr/share/zoneinfo/Antarctica/*"
RPROVIDES_tzdata-antarctica = "tzdata-antarctica"

FILES_tzdata-arctic += "/usr/share/zoneinfo/Arctic/*"
RPROVIDES_tzdata-arctic = "tzdata-arctic"

FILES_tzdata-asia += "/usr/share/zoneinfo/Asia/*        \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/Indian/*            \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/Mideast/*"
RPROVIDES_tzdata-asia = "tzdata-asia"

FILES_tzdata-atlantic += "/usr/share/zoneinfo/Atlantic/*"
RPROVIDES_tzdata-atlantic = "tzdata-atlantic"

FILES_tzdata-australia += "/usr/share/zoneinfo/Australia/*"
RPROVIDES_tzdata-australia = "tzdata-australia"

FILES_tzdata-europe += "/usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/*"
RPROVIDES_tzdata-europe = "tzdata-europe"

FILES_tzdata-pacific += "/usr/share/zoneinfo/Pacific/*"
RPROVIDES_tzdata-pacific = "tzdata-pacific"

FILES_tzdata-posix += "/usr/share/zoneinfo/posix/*"
RPROVIDES_tzdata-posix = "tzdata-posix"

FILES_tzdata-right += "/usr/share/zoneinfo/right/*"
RPROVIDES_tzdata-right = "tzdata-right"

FILES_tzdata-misc += "/usr/share/zoneinfo/Cuba           \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/Egypt                \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/Eire                 \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/Factory              \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/GB-Eire              \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/Hongkong             \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/Iceland              \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/Iran                 \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/Israel               \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/Jamaica              \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/Japan                \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/Kwajalein            \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/Libya                \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/Navajo               \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/Poland               \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/Portugal             \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/Singapore            \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/Turkey"
RPROVIDES_tzdata-misc = "tzdata-misc"

FILES_${PN} += "/usr/share/zoneinfo/Pacific/Honolulu     \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Anchorage    \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Los_Angeles  \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Denver       \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Chicago      \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/New_York     \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Caracas      \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Sao_Paulo    \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/London        \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Paris         \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/Africa/Cairo         \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Moscow        \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/Asia/Dubai           \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/Asia/Karachi         \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/Asia/Dhaka           \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/Asia/Bankok          \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/Asia/Hong_Kong       \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/Asia/Tokyo           \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/Australia/Sydney     \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/Pacific/Noumea       \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/CET                  \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/CST6CDT              \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/EET                  \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/EST                  \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/EST5EDT              \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/GB                   \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/GMT                  \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/GMT+0                \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/GMT-0                \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/GMT0                 \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/Greenwich            \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/HST                  \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/MET                  \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/MST                  \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/MST7MDT              \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/NZ                   \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/NZ-CHAT              \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/PRC                  \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/PST8PDT              \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/ROC                  \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/ROK                  \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/UCT                  \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/UTC                  \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/Universal            \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/W-SU                 \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/WET                  \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/Zulu                 \
                /usr/share/zoneinfo/Etc/*"

do_compile () {
        for zone in africa antarctica asia australasia europe northamerica southamerica etcetera factory solar87 solar88 solar89 backward systemv ; do \
                /usr/sbin/zic -d ${WORKDIR}/usr/share/zoneinfo -L /dev/null -y ${S}/yearistype.sh ${S}/${zone} ; \
                /usr/sbin/zic -d ${WORKDIR}/usr/share/zoneinfo/posix -L /dev/null -y ${S}/yearistype.sh ${S}/${zone} ; \
                /usr/sbin/zic -d ${WORKDIR}/usr/share/zoneinfo/right -L ${S}/leapseconds -y ${WORKDIR}/usr/share/zoneinfo/yearistype.sh ${S}/${zone} ; \
        done
}

do_install () {
        install -d ${D}/usr \
                ${D}/usr/share \
                ${D}/usr/share/zoneinfo
        cp -a ${S}/usr ${D}/
}

* Re: tzdata.bb
@ 2007-02-07 13:22 ` Koen Kooi
From: Koen Kooi @ 2007-02-07 13:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Op wo, 07-02-2007 te 08:14 -0500, schreef Todd Blumer:
> Because of the impending changes to daylight savings time (DST) here
> in the US, I was motivated to work on creating a new timezone package.
> In the base package I tried to put a city in every timezone around the
> world. This package replaces the 'timezone' package used by Opie, so
> some other packages will need to be changed to depend on tzdata
> instead of timezone. (I used 'tzdata' since that is the Debian name
> and in case some developers were not ready to switch over to tzdata.)
>
> Someone with write access to oe (something I should probably get
> eventually :-) can commit this to dev if you feel it is appropriate to
> do so. I have tested the US Eastern time.
>
> I'm sure more work could be done here. Feedback is welcome.

2 small things:

* don't use cp -a, that breaks on non-GNU buildsystems
* don't rely on /usr/bin/zic being present, but provide a zic-native
recipe

regards,

Koe

* Re: tzdata.bb
@ 2007-02-07 14:42   ` Todd Blumer
From: Todd Blumer @ 2007-02-07 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On 2/7/07, Koen Kooi <koen@dominion.kabel.utwente.nl> wrote:

> * don't use cp -a, that breaks on non-GNU buildsystems

Suggestions for replacement?

> * don't rely on /usr/bin/zic being present, but provide a zic-native
> recipe

Yeah, I knew that... it was laziness. :-/

--
Todd

* Re: tzdata.bb
@ 2007-02-08  1:43     ` Matt Reimer
From: Matt Reimer @ 2007-02-08  1:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On 2/7/07, Todd Blumer <sdgvulpes@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/7/07, Koen Kooi <koen@dominion.kabel.utwente.nl> wrote:
> >
> > * don't use cp -a, that breaks on non-GNU buildsystems
> >

> Suggestions for replacement?

For FreeBSD "cp -pR" is close.

Matt

* Re: tzdata.bb
@ 2007-02-10 18:02 ` Mike (mwester)
From: Mike (mwester) @ 2007-02-10 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

You might consider adding

RCONFLICTS= "timezone-africa timezone-america timezone-antarctica \
             timezone-arctic timezone-asia timezone-atlantic \
             timezone-australia timezone-europe timezone-indian \
             timezone-iso3166.tab timezone-pacific timezone-zone.tab"

Mike (mwester)

> Because of the impending changes to daylight savings time (DST) here
> in the US, I was motivated to work on creating a new timezone package.
> In the base package I tried to put a city in every timezone around the
> world. This package replaces the 'timezone' package used by Opie, so
> some other packages will need to be changed to depend on tzdata
> instead of timezone. (I used 'tzdata' since that is the Debian name
> and in case some developers were not ready to switch over to tzdata.)
>
> Someone with write access to oe (something I should probably get
> eventually :-) can commit this to dev if you feel it is appropriate to
> do so. I have tested the US Eastern time.
>
> I'm sure more work could be done here. Feedback is welcome.
> --
> Todd Blumer
> SDG Systems

* Re: tzdata.bb
@ 2007-03-03  4:43 ` Mike (mwester)
From: Mike (mwester) @ 2007-03-03  4:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

tzdata (and tzcode-native) are committed.

The tzdata recipe is Todd's original, I incorporated the feedback from the
list (and added any bugs).  The tzcode-native recipe provides the native
timezone utilities, including zic.

Regards,
Mike (mwester)

> Because of the impending changes to daylight savings time (DST) here
> in the US, I was motivated to work on creating a new timezone package.
> In the base package I tried to put a city in every timezone around the
> world. This package replaces the 'timezone' package used by Opie, so
> some other packages will need to be changed to depend on tzdata
> instead of timezone. (I used 'tzdata' since that is the Debian name
> and in case some developers were not ready to switch over to tzdata.)
>
> Someone with write access to oe (something I should probably get
> eventually :-) can commit this to dev if you feel it is appropriate to
> do so. I have tested the US Eastern time.
>
> I'm sure more work could be done here. Feedback is welcome.
> --
> Todd Blumer
> SDG Systems

* Re: tzdata.bb
@ 2007-03-14 22:14   ` Hans Henry von Tresckow
From: Hans Henry von Tresckow @ 2007-03-14 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Is there any reason why /usr/share/zoneinfo/iso3166.tab
/usr/share/zoneinfo/zone.tab are not being packaged? Just wondering.

On 3/2/07, Mike (mwester) <mwester@dls.net> wrote:

> tzdata (and tzcode-native) are committed.
>
> The tzdata recipe is Todd's original, I incorporated the feedback from the
> list (and added any bugs).  The tzcode-native recipe provides the native
> timezone utilities, including zic.
>
> Regards,
> Mike (mwester)

* Re: tzdata.bb
@ 2007-03-20 13:09   ` Todd Blumer
From: Todd Blumer @ 2007-03-20 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Mike,
Thanks for committing the code and cleaning it up. I've been swamped.
--
Todd