* Re: [Powertop] corrupted double-linked list error on exit
@ 2015-02-14  8:05 samer
From: samer @ 2015-02-14  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: powertop

I'm seeing the same issue on 3.18.6-1-ARCH.

[samer(a)archbox ~]$ sudo powertop --auto-tune
Loaded 34 prior measurements
Cannot load from file /var/cache/powertop/saved_parameters.powertop
RAPL device for cpu 0
RAPL Using PowerCap Sysfs : Domain Mask f
RAPL device for cpu 0
RAPL Using PowerCap Sysfs : Domain Mask f
RAPL device for cpu 0
RAPL Using PowerCap Sysfs : Domain Mask f
Devfreq not enabled
Cannot load from file /var/cache/powertop/saved_parameters.powertop
   unknown op '{'
To show power estimates do 263 measurement(s) connected to battery
onlyLeaving PowerTOP
*** Error in `powertop': corrupted double-linked list:
0x0000000000fbceb0 ***

Any idea what's causing this?

* Re: [Powertop] corrupted double-linked list error on exit
@ 2015-02-24 17:47 Alexandra Yates
From: Alexandra Yates @ 2015-02-24 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: powertop

> I'm running on a Dell XPS 15 9530. The issue went away after I compiled
> powertop from source, so I'm not sure where to go from there.
>
> -samer
>
> On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 3:50 PM, Alex <axfelix(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> FYI, I'm also on Arch (I think I started this thread but I can't
>> remember) and the issue has disappeared for me, I believe after
>> updating from 3.18.2 to 3.18.3. Given that it's still appearing for
>> some users it may not actually be related to the kernel, but your
>> guess is as good as mine.
>>
>> -alex

>>>  Hi Samer,
>>>
>>> Thank you for reporting this issue.  I'm not sure what is causing
>>> it.  But
>>> I'm investigating, meanwhile. Can you give me more details on the
>>> platform
>>> you are running?
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>>  Alexandra.
>>>

>>> Thank you,
>>> Alexandra.

Mhh it may be an optimization error that appears only on the release.

Thank you,
Alexandra.

* Re: [Powertop] corrupted double-linked list error on exit
@ 2015-02-24 10:26 Samer Masterson
From: Samer Masterson @ 2015-02-24 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: powertop

I'm running on a Dell XPS 15 9530. The issue went away after I compiled
powertop from source, so I'm not sure where to go from there.

-samer

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 3:50 PM, Alex <axfelix(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> FYI, I'm also on Arch (I think I started this thread but I can't
> remember) and the issue has disappeared for me, I believe after
> updating from 3.18.2 to 3.18.3. Given that it's still appearing for
> some users it may not actually be related to the kernel, but your
> guess is as good as mine.
>
> -alex

>>  Hi Samer,
>>
>> Thank you for reporting this issue.  I'm not sure what is causing
>> it.  But
>> I'm investigating, meanwhile. Can you give me more details on the
>> platform
>> you are running?
>>
>> Thank you,
>>  Alexandra.
>>

>> Thank you,
>> Alexandra.

[-- Attachment #2: attachment.html --]
[-- Type: text/html, Size: 2309 bytes --]

* Re: [Powertop] corrupted double-linked list error on exit
@ 2015-02-20 23:50 Alex
From: Alex @ 2015-02-20 23:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: powertop

FYI, I'm also on Arch (I think I started this thread but I can't
remember) and the issue has disappeared for me, I believe after
updating from 3.18.2 to 3.18.3. Given that it's still appearing for
some users it may not actually be related to the kernel, but your guess
is as good as mine.

-alex

On Fri, 20 Feb, 2015 at 3:47 PM, Alexandra Yates
<alexandra.yates(a)linux.intel.com> wrote:

>>>  I'm seeing the same issue on 3.18.6-1-ARCH.
>>>
>>>  [samer(a)archbox ~]$ sudo powertop --auto-tune
>>>  Loaded 34 prior measurements
>>>  Cannot load from file /var/cache/powertop/saved_parameters.powertop
>>>  RAPL device for cpu 0
>>>  RAPL Using PowerCap Sysfs : Domain Mask f
>>>  RAPL device for cpu 0
>>>  RAPL Using PowerCap Sysfs : Domain Mask f
>>>  RAPL device for cpu 0
>>>  RAPL Using PowerCap Sysfs : Domain Mask f
>>>  Devfreq not enabled
>>>  Cannot load from file /var/cache/powertop/saved_parameters.powertop
>>>     unknown op '{'
>>>  To show power estimates do 263 measurement(s) connected to battery
>>>  onlyLeaving PowerTOP
>>>  *** Error in `powertop': corrupted double-linked list:
>>>  0x0000000000fbceb0 ***
>>>
>>>  Any idea what's causing this?

>  Hi Samer,
>
> Thank you for reporting this issue.  I'm not sure what is causing it.
>  But
> I'm investigating, meanwhile. Can you give me more details on the
> platform
> you are running?
>
> Thank you,
>  Alexandra.
>

> Thank you,
> Alexandra.

[-- Attachment #2: attachment.html --]
[-- Type: text/html, Size: 1981 bytes --]

* Re: [Powertop] corrupted double-linked list error on exit
@ 2015-02-20 23:47 Alexandra Yates
From: Alexandra Yates @ 2015-02-20 23:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: powertop

@ 2015-02-01  4:21 Alex
From: Alex @ 2015-02-01  4:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: powertop

Nevermind -- the issue appears to have gone away after updating kernel
point versions (from 3.18.2 to 3.18.4, I believe).

-alex

On Tue, 27 Jan, 2015 at 11:01 AM, Alex <axfelix(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Wanted to alert you to this github issue which I and another user are
> experiencing running Powertop on fairly bleeding edge environments
> (Gnome 3.14, Linux 3.18). Receiving a "corrupted double-linked list"
> error citing a memory address on trying to exit which prevents me
> from saving calibrations.
>
> https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues/5424
>
> Best,
> -alex

[-- Attachment #2: attachment.html --]
[-- Type: text/html, Size: 758 bytes --]

* [Powertop] corrupted double-linked list error on exit
@ 2015-01-27 19:01 Alex
From: Alex @ 2015-01-27 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: powertop