* tty: uart: custom speed
@ 2019-03-04 12:12 Subhashini Rao Beerisetty
From: Subhashini Rao Beerisetty @ 2019-03-04 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies; +Cc: linux-tty

 Hi All,

I’ve an UART ports on Xilinx FPGA board and it gets connected to PC
via PCIe bus. I could not find any kernel serial driver which supports
our hardware so I plan to develop a new driver. I see two approaches
to develop an UART driver i.e. either by using tty_register_driver()
or an uart_register_driver().

Regarding my UART module, it has a counter of 16 bits and runs on a
32Mhz clock. It supports all the standard & non-standard baud’s up to
4Mbps.

If I used struct tty_operations, I noticed that baud rate changing is
done via “.set_termios” API, but this method only supports standard
baud rates. I’d like to know why this API does not support
non-standard baud rates?

Okay, what methods a good driver should implement to support
non-standard baud rates?

Thanks