* Q: btrfs and device readahead
@ 2020-03-26 18:22 Holger Hoffstätte
From: Holger Hoffstätte @ 2020-03-26 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

Hi,

the recent discussion/fixes re. readahead got me thinking: does btrfs
use/benefit from a device's readahead setting (/sys/block/sdX/queue/read_ahead_kb)
at all or it it completely ignored? Increasing the default from 128k
can have drastic effects on other filesystems, but it's not clear (to me)
whether this setting is ignored/circumvented by btrfs.
I believe (but do not know/understand the details) that this relates
to the implemenation of fs->readpages, which AFAIK is about to be replaced
by a better/common readahead implementation..correct?

Thanks!
Holger

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-03-26 18:22 UTC | newest]