* preparations for 4.9.2 and 4.7.5
@ 2018-03-06 15:32 Jan Beulich
From: Jan Beulich @ 2018-03-06 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel; +Cc: Lars Kurth, Stefano Stabellini, Wei Liu, Ian Jackson

All,

these stable releases should go out before the end of the month.
Please point out backport candidates you find missing from the
respective staging branches, but which you consider relevant.
Please note that 4.7.5 is expected to be the last xenproject.org
managed release from its branch.

Jan

* Re: preparations for 4.9.2 and 4.7.5
@ 2018-03-06 19:24 ` Stefano Stabellini
From: Stefano Stabellini @ 2018-03-06 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Beulich
  Cc: Lars Kurth, Stefano Stabellini, Wei Liu, Ian Jackson,
	julien.grall, xen-devel

On Tue, 6 Mar 2018, Jan Beulich wrote:
> All,
>
> these stable releases should go out before the end of the month.
> Please point out backport candidates you find missing from the
> respective staging branches, but which you consider relevant.
> Please note that 4.7.5 is expected to be the last xenproject.org
> managed release from its branch.

Hi Jan,

I am waiting for master to pass Julien's PSCI 1.1 series, then I intend
to backport it to all stable trees (commits from
f30b93b42b7137654a69676a61620f763c4ad3b3 to
cd8b749282475caef095ea2f339a01d1ff9714ae).

Backports to older trees might be difficult.

Given your stable release plan, do you suggest I should start the
backports now, even if master has not passed yet, or wait?

Cheers,

Stefano

* Re: preparations for 4.9.2 and 4.7.5
@ 2018-03-07  7:35   ` Jan Beulich
From: Jan Beulich @ 2018-03-07  7:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefano Stabellini
  Cc: Lars Kurth, julien.grall, Wei Liu, Ian Jackson, xen-devel

>>> On 06.03.18 at 20:24, <sstabellini@kernel.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Mar 2018, Jan Beulich wrote:
>> these stable releases should go out before the end of the month.
>> Please point out backport candidates you find missing from the
>> respective staging branches, but which you consider relevant.
>> Please note that 4.7.5 is expected to be the last xenproject.org
>> managed release from its branch.
>
> I am waiting for master to pass Julien's PSCI 1.1 series, then I intend
> to backport it to all stable trees (commits from
> f30b93b42b7137654a69676a61620f763c4ad3b3 to
> cd8b749282475caef095ea2f339a01d1ff9714ae).
>
> Backports to older trees might be difficult.
>
> Given your stable release plan, do you suggest I should start the
> backports now, even if master has not passed yet, or wait?

There have been a lot of minor issues lately keeping pushes from
happening on master, so if the commits above have not been
pushed just because of such a glitch, I'd be fine with them being
backported right away. If, however, there's any doubt, then I'd
prefer if you waited. But in the end on the ARM side you know
better than me what's best.

@ 2018-03-07 16:54 ` Wei Liu
From: Wei Liu @ 2018-03-07 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Beulich
  Cc: xen-devel, Stefano Stabellini, Wei Liu, Ian Jackson, Lars Kurth

On Tue, Mar 06, 2018 at 08:32:48AM -0700, Jan Beulich wrote:
> All,
>
> these stable releases should go out before the end of the month.
> Please point out backport candidates you find missing from the
> respective staging branches, but which you consider relevant.
> Please note that 4.7.5 is expected to be the last xenproject.org
> managed release from its branch.

Mini-os tree tagging done.

Wei.

* Re: preparations for 4.9.2 and 4.7.5
@ 2018-03-11 20:48     ` Stefano Stabellini
From: Stefano Stabellini @ 2018-03-11 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Beulich
  Cc: Lars Kurth, Stefano Stabellini, Wei Liu, Ian Jackson,
	julien.grall, xen-devel

On Wed, 7 Mar 2018, Jan Beulich wrote:
> > On Tue, 6 Mar 2018, Jan Beulich wrote:
> >> these stable releases should go out before the end of the month.
> >> Please point out backport candidates you find missing from the
> >> respective staging branches, but which you consider relevant.
> >> Please note that 4.7.5 is expected to be the last xenproject.org
> >> managed release from its branch.
> >
> > I am waiting for master to pass Julien's PSCI 1.1 series, then I intend
> > to backport it to all stable trees (commits from
> > f30b93b42b7137654a69676a61620f763c4ad3b3 to
> > cd8b749282475caef095ea2f339a01d1ff9714ae).
> >
> > Backports to older trees might be difficult.
> >
> > Given your stable release plan, do you suggest I should start the
> > backports now, even if master has not passed yet, or wait?
>
> There have been a lot of minor issues lately keeping pushes from
> happening on master, so if the commits above have not been
> pushed just because of such a glitch, I'd be fine with them being
> backported right away. If, however, there's any doubt, then I'd
> prefer if you waited. But in the end on the ARM side you know
> better than me what's best.

Master hasn't passed yet, so no backports of the ARM64 Spectre
mitigation for the moment.

In the meantime, I tagged the QEMU trees.

* Re: preparations for 4.9.2 and 4.7.5
@ 2018-03-12 10:24       ` Julien Grall
From: Julien Grall @ 2018-03-12 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefano Stabellini, Jan Beulich
  Cc: Lars Kurth, Wei Liu, Ian Jackson, xen-devel

Hi,

On 11/03/18 20:48, Stefano Stabellini wrote:

>>> I am waiting for master to pass Julien's PSCI 1.1 series, then I intend
>>> to backport it to all stable trees (commits from
>>> f30b93b42b7137654a69676a61620f763c4ad3b3 to
>>> cd8b749282475caef095ea2f339a01d1ff9714ae).
>>>
>>> Backports to older trees might be difficult.
>>>
>>> Given your stable release plan, do you suggest I should start the
>>> backports now, even if master has not passed yet, or wait?
>>
>> There have been a lot of minor issues lately keeping pushes from
>> happening on master, so if the commits above have not been
>> pushed just because of such a glitch, I'd be fine with them being
>> backported right away. If, however, there's any doubt, then I'd
>> prefer if you waited. But in the end on the ARM side you know
>> better than me what's best.
>
> Master hasn't passed yet, so no backports of the ARM64 Spectre
> mitigation for the moment.

I really don't like the idea to ship 4.9.2 and 4.7.5 with broken arm64
spectre patches. This is indeed the case today as the previous series
was based on early discussion.

But unstable is blocked on amd64 patches. None of the arm64 spectre
series touch common code, so I am not sure what prevents us to backport
them.

--
Julien Grall

* Re: preparations for 4.9.2 and 4.7.5
@ 2018-03-12 10:27         ` Julien Grall
From: Julien Grall @ 2018-03-12 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefano Stabellini, Jan Beulich
  Cc: Lars Kurth, Wei Liu, Ian Jackson, xen-devel

On 12/03/18 10:24, Julien Grall wrote:
> Hi,

>>> There have been a lot of minor issues lately keeping pushes from
>>> happening on master, so if the commits above have not been
>>> pushed just because of such a glitch, I'd be fine with them being
>>> backported right away. If, however, there's any doubt, then I'd
>>> prefer if you waited. But in the end on the ARM side you know
>>> better than me what's best.
>> Master hasn't passed yet, so no backports of the ARM64 Spectre
>> mitigation for the moment.
>
> I really don't like the idea to ship 4.9.2 and 4.7.5 with broken arm64
> spectre patches. This is indeed the case today as the previous series
> was based on early discussion.
>
> But unstable is blocked on amd64 patches. None of the arm64 spectre

^ "amd64 tests".

--
Julien Grall

* Re: preparations for 4.9.2 and 4.7.5
@ 2018-03-15  0:36           ` Stefano Stabellini
From: Stefano Stabellini @ 2018-03-15  0:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Grall
  Cc: Lars Kurth, Stefano Stabellini, Wei Liu, Ian Jackson,
	Jan Beulich, xen-devel

On Mon, 12 Mar 2018, Julien Grall wrote:
> On 12/03/18 10:24, Julien Grall wrote:
> > Hi,

> > > Master hasn't passed yet, so no backports of the ARM64 Spectre
> > > mitigation for the moment.
> >
> > I really don't like the idea to ship 4.9.2 and 4.7.5 with broken arm64
> > spectre patches. This is indeed the case today as the previous series was
> > based on early discussion.
> >
> > But unstable is blocked on amd64 patches. None of the arm64 spectre
>
> ^ "amd64 tests".
>
> > series touch common code, so I am not sure what prevents us to backport
> > them.

After looking at the test results, which are good for arm, and
considering that master hasn't passed yet after 2 more days, I agree
with Julien: I think we should not release 4.9.2 and 4.7.5 without the
arm64 spectre patches. At this point, I'll proceed to backport the
patches now.

* Re: preparations for 4.9.2 and 4.7.5
@ 2018-03-15 23:52             ` Stefano Stabellini
From: Stefano Stabellini @ 2018-03-15 23:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefano Stabellini
  Cc: Lars Kurth, Wei Liu, Ian Jackson, andre.przywara, Julien Grall,
	Jan Beulich, xen-devel

On Wed, 14 Mar 2018, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
> After looking at the test results, which are good for arm, and
> considering that master hasn't passed yet after 2 more days, I agree
> with Julien: I think we should not release 4.9.2 and 4.7.5 without the
> arm64 spectre patches. At this point, I'll proceed to backport the
> patches now.

Julien, Andre,

Please give a look at the following branches:

git://xenbits.xen.org/people/sstabellini/xen-unstable.git staging-4.7-spectre
git://xenbits.xen.org/people/sstabellini/xen-unstable.git staging-4.8-spectre
git://xenbits.xen.org/people/sstabellini/xen-unstable.git staging-4.9-spectre
git://xenbits.xen.org/people/sstabellini/xen-unstable.git staging-4.10-spectre

the backports were all but trivial, but they all build and run
correctly.

Cheers,

Stefano

* Re: preparations for 4.9.2 and 4.7.5
@ 2018-03-16 11:15               ` Julien Grall
From: Julien Grall @ 2018-03-16 11:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefano Stabellini
  Cc: Lars Kurth, Wei Liu, Ian Jackson, andre.przywara, Jan Beulich, xen-devel

Hi Stefano,

On 15/03/18 23:52, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Mar 2018, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
>> After looking at the test results, which are good for arm, and
>> considering that master hasn't passed yet after 2 more days, I agree
>> with Julien: I think we should not release 4.9.2 and 4.7.5 without the
>> arm64 spectre patches. At this point, I'll proceed to backport the
>> patches now.
>
> Julien, Andre,
>
> Please give a look at the following branches:
>
> git://xenbits.xen.org/people/sstabellini/xen-unstable.git staging-4.7-spectre
> git://xenbits.xen.org/people/sstabellini/xen-unstable.git staging-4.8-spectre
> git://xenbits.xen.org/people/sstabellini/xen-unstable.git staging-4.9-spectre

For all of the tree above, as I said yesterday, I clearly don't want to
see the smccc framework backport for Xen 4.9 and older. This is a
massive changes of the interface that is not necessary for spectre. My
main concern is making SMC instruction available to the guest.

It would be just sufficient to emulate the few SMCCC function ID we care
in do_trap_psci (function can be renamed).

This is also clearly wrong to backport coding style or code
non-justified code movement (sysreg) just to please the cherry-pick.

I am also worry to bump the version of the emulated PSCI (0.2 -> 1.0)
for those releases. Some guests may rely on a specific version and may
now crashes.

Overall, the right way to support spectre in earlier releases is custom
patch and only do minimal modification.

> git://xenbits.xen.org/people/sstabellini/xen-unstable.git staging-4.10-spectre

The patches below should not be part of spectre nor backport to 4.10:
   - 82e29c87dc7f4f2a7e2f111c3646479da21a910a "ARM: remove unneeded
gic.h inclusions"
   - 79563717c9dd5383abcf0ba94d813de9b42e3793 "xen/arm: psci: Prefix
with static any functions not exported"
   - 6d0e9b21b1f7213c1994cc2d636448ee2d5372c2 "xen/arm: vpsci: Update
the return type for MIGRATE_INFO_TYPE"

The patches below should not be part of spectre but candidate to 4.10:
   - c2d70f77cc7987be164cd87b76459782497fc540 "xen/arm: vpsci: Rework
the logic to start AArch32 vCPU in Thumb mode"

You will also want to backport [1] which address a relaxation of the
ARM_SMCCC_ARCH_WORKAROUND_1.

Cheers,

[1]
https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2018-03/msg01161.html

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall

* Re: preparations for 4.9.2 and 4.7.5
@ 2018-03-16 16:33                 ` Stefano Stabellini
From: Stefano Stabellini @ 2018-03-16 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Grall
  Cc: Lars Kurth, Stefano Stabellini, Wei Liu, Ian Jackson,
	andre.przywara, Jan Beulich, xen-devel

On Fri, 16 Mar 2018, Julien Grall wrote:
> Hi Stefano,
>
> On 15/03/18 23:52, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
> > On Wed, 14 Mar 2018, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
> > > After looking at the test results, which are good for arm, and
> > > considering that master hasn't passed yet after 2 more days, I agree
> > > with Julien: I think we should not release 4.9.2 and 4.7.5 without the
> > > arm64 spectre patches. At this point, I'll proceed to backport the
> > > patches now.
> >
> > Julien, Andre,
> >
> > Please give a look at the following branches:
> >
> > git://xenbits.xen.org/people/sstabellini/xen-unstable.git
> > staging-4.7-spectre
> > git://xenbits.xen.org/people/sstabellini/xen-unstable.git
> > staging-4.8-spectre
> > git://xenbits.xen.org/people/sstabellini/xen-unstable.git
> > staging-4.9-spectre
>
> For all of the tree above, as I said yesterday, I clearly don't want to see
> the smccc framework backport for Xen 4.9 and older. This is a massive changes
> of the interface that is not necessary for spectre. My main concern is making
> SMC instruction available to the guest.
>
> It would be just sufficient to emulate the few SMCCC function ID we care in
> do_trap_psci (function can be renamed).
>
> This is also clearly wrong to backport coding style or code non-justified code
> movement (sysreg) just to please the cherry-pick.
>
> I am also worry to bump the version of the emulated PSCI (0.2 -> 1.0) for
> those releases. Some guests may rely on a specific version and may now
> crashes.
>
> Overall, the right way to support spectre in earlier releases is custom patch
> and only do minimal modification.
>
> > git://xenbits.xen.org/people/sstabellini/xen-unstable.git
> > staging-4.10-spectre
>
> The patches below should not be part of spectre nor backport to 4.10:
>   - 82e29c87dc7f4f2a7e2f111c3646479da21a910a "ARM: remove unneeded gic.h
> inclusions"
>   - 79563717c9dd5383abcf0ba94d813de9b42e3793 "xen/arm: psci: Prefix with
> static any functions not exported"
>   - 6d0e9b21b1f7213c1994cc2d636448ee2d5372c2 "xen/arm: vpsci: Update the
> return type for MIGRATE_INFO_TYPE"
>
> The patches below should not be part of spectre but candidate to 4.10:
>   - c2d70f77cc7987be164cd87b76459782497fc540 "xen/arm: vpsci: Rework the logic
> to start AArch32 vCPU in Thumb mode"
>
> You will also want to backport [1] which address a relaxation of the
> ARM_SMCCC_ARCH_WORKAROUND_1.

I understand your concerns, in that case could you please provide the
git branches?

If I had to do the backports myself, I'll stick with my approach because
I am more confident of its correctness, but I would be happy to take a
look at your version of the backports.

* Re: preparations for 4.9.2 and 4.7.5
@ 2018-03-16 16:56                   ` Julien Grall
From: Julien Grall @ 2018-03-16 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefano Stabellini
  Cc: Lars Kurth, Wei Liu, Ian Jackson, andre.przywara, Jan Beulich,
	xen-devel, nd

Hi Stefano,

On 16/03/2018 16:33, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Mar 2018, Julien Grall wrote:
>> Hi Stefano,

>>> Julien, Andre,
>>>
>>> Please give a look at the following branches:
>>>
>>> git://xenbits.xen.org/people/sstabellini/xen-unstable.git
>>> staging-4.7-spectre
>>> git://xenbits.xen.org/people/sstabellini/xen-unstable.git
>>> staging-4.8-spectre
>>> git://xenbits.xen.org/people/sstabellini/xen-unstable.git
>>> staging-4.9-spectre
>>
>> For all of the tree above, as I said yesterday, I clearly don't want to see
>> the smccc framework backport for Xen 4.9 and older. This is a massive changes
>> of the interface that is not necessary for spectre. My main concern is making
>> SMC instruction available to the guest.
>>
>> It would be just sufficient to emulate the few SMCCC function ID we care in
>> do_trap_psci (function can be renamed).
>>
>> This is also clearly wrong to backport coding style or code non-justified code
>> movement (sysreg) just to please the cherry-pick.
>>
>> I am also worry to bump the version of the emulated PSCI (0.2 -> 1.0) for
>> those releases. Some guests may rely on a specific version and may now
>> crashes.
>>
>> Overall, the right way to support spectre in earlier releases is custom patch
>> and only do minimal modification.
>>
>>> git://xenbits.xen.org/people/sstabellini/xen-unstable.git
>>> staging-4.10-spectre
>>
>> The patches below should not be part of spectre nor backport to 4.10:
>>    - 82e29c87dc7f4f2a7e2f111c3646479da21a910a "ARM: remove unneeded gic.h
>> inclusions"
>>    - 79563717c9dd5383abcf0ba94d813de9b42e3793 "xen/arm: psci: Prefix with
>> static any functions not exported"
>>    - 6d0e9b21b1f7213c1994cc2d636448ee2d5372c2 "xen/arm: vpsci: Update the
>> return type for MIGRATE_INFO_TYPE"
>>
>> The patches below should not be part of spectre but candidate to 4.10:
>>    - c2d70f77cc7987be164cd87b76459782497fc540 "xen/arm: vpsci: Rework the logic
>> to start AArch32 vCPU in Thumb mode"
>>
>> You will also want to backport [1] which address a relaxation of the
>> ARM_SMCCC_ARCH_WORKAROUND_1.
>
> I understand your concerns, in that case could you please provide the
> git branches?

That will have to wait when I have spare cycle. Most likely somewhere in
April when I am done from the Xen 4.11 patches and back from holidays.

So It is probably the right time to put into contribution stakeholders
who are using those Xen 4.* stable releases.

Cheers,

[1] https://developer.arm.com/support/security-update/downloads

--
Julien Grall

* Re: preparations for 4.9.2 and 4.7.5
@ 2018-03-16 17:15                     ` Julien Grall
From: Julien Grall @ 2018-03-16 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefano Stabellini
  Cc: Lars Kurth, Wei Liu, Ian Jackson, andre.przywara, Jan Beulich,
	xen-devel, nd

On 16/03/2018 16:56, Julien Grall wrote:
> Hi Stefano,
>
> On 16/03/2018 16:33, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
>> On Fri, 16 Mar 2018, Julien Grall wrote:
>>> Hi Stefano,

>>> For all of the tree above, as I said yesterday, I clearly don't want
>>> to see
>>> the smccc framework backport for Xen 4.9 and older. This is a massive
>>> changes
>>> of the interface that is not necessary for spectre. My main concern
>>> is making
>>> SMC instruction available to the guest.
>>>
>>> It would be just sufficient to emulate the few SMCCC function ID we
>>> care in
>>> do_trap_psci (function can be renamed).
>>>
>>> This is also clearly wrong to backport coding style or code
>>> non-justified code
>>> movement (sysreg) just to please the cherry-pick.
>>>
>>> I am also worry to bump the version of the emulated PSCI (0.2 -> 1.0)
>>> for
>>> those releases. Some guests may rely on a specific version and may now
>>> crashes.
>>>
>>> Overall, the right way to support spectre in earlier releases is
>>> custom patch
>>> and only do minimal modification.

>>> The patches below should not be part of spectre nor backport to 4.10:
>>>    - 82e29c87dc7f4f2a7e2f111c3646479da21a910a "ARM: remove unneeded
>>> gic.h
>>> inclusions"
>>>    - 79563717c9dd5383abcf0ba94d813de9b42e3793 "xen/arm: psci: Prefix
>>> with
>>> static any functions not exported"
>>>    - 6d0e9b21b1f7213c1994cc2d636448ee2d5372c2 "xen/arm: vpsci: Update
>>> the
>>> return type for MIGRATE_INFO_TYPE"
>>>
>>> The patches below should not be part of spectre but candidate to 4.10:
>>>    - c2d70f77cc7987be164cd87b76459782497fc540 "xen/arm: vpsci: Rework
>>> the logic
>>> to start AArch32 vCPU in Thumb mode"
>>>
>>> You will also want to backport [1] which address a relaxation of the
>>> ARM_SMCCC_ARCH_WORKAROUND_1.
>>
>> I understand your concerns, in that case could you please provide the
>> git branches?
>
> That will have to wait when I have spare cycle. Most likely somewhere in
> April when I am done from the Xen 4.11 patches and back from holidays.
>
> So It is probably the right time to put into contribution stakeholders
> who are using those Xen 4.* stable releases.

To be clear, for Xen 4.10 it is just a matter of dropping the 3 patches
I suggested. There are actually no clash with the current code.

Although, this would imply a bump to the PSCI version. A new patch
allowing the user to set the PSCI version would be necessary if we
consider this important.

Where we would need help is for Xen 4.9, 4.8 and 4.7. For those releases
what we need is:
	1) Add PSCI Features for the host (Xen 4.10 patches should work)
	2) Add SMCCC detection for the host (Xen 4.10 patches should work)
	3) Bump virtual PSCI to 1.0
	4) Handle only function ID required for the workaround
(SMCCC_FEATURES and WORKAROUND_ARCH_1). All the other will return 0xffff.
	5) Plug to the cpu errata framework

The only patches that would need to be written from scratch is for 4).
Most of the others could be taken as it is from Xen 4.10 or slightly
adapt (when code changes).

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall

* Re: preparations for 4.9.2 and 4.7.5
@ 2018-04-03 14:43                       ` Julien Grall
From: Julien Grall @ 2018-04-03 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefano Stabellini
  Cc: Lars Kurth, Wei Liu, Ian Jackson, andre.przywara, Jan Beulich,
	xen-devel, nd

Hi,

On 16/03/18 17:15, Julien Grall wrote:

> On 16/03/2018 16:56, Julien Grall wrote:
>> Hi Stefano,

>>> I understand your concerns, in that case could you please provide the
>>> git branches?
>>
>> That will have to wait when I have spare cycle. Most likely somewhere
>> in April when I am done from the Xen 4.11 patches and back from holidays.
>>
>> So It is probably the right time to put into contribution stakeholders
>> who are using those Xen 4.* stable releases.
>
> To be clear, for Xen 4.10 it is just a matter of dropping the 3 patches
> I suggested. There are actually no clash with the current code.

Gentle ping. Is there anything blocking to get those patches in Xen 4.10?

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall

* Re: preparations for 4.9.2 and 4.7.5
@ 2018-04-03 23:55                         ` Stefano Stabellini
From: Stefano Stabellini @ 2018-04-03 23:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Grall
  Cc: Lars Kurth, Stefano Stabellini, Wei Liu, Ian Jackson,
	andre.przywara, Jan Beulich, xen-devel, nd

Done! Thanks for the ping!

* Re: preparations for 4.9.2 and 4.7.5
@ 2018-04-04  8:59                           ` Julien Grall
From: Julien Grall @ 2018-04-04  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefano Stabellini
  Cc: Lars Kurth, Wei Liu, Ian Jackson, andre.przywara, Jan Beulich,
	xen-devel, nd

Hi Stefano,

On 04/04/18 00:55, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Apr 2018, Julien Grall wrote:
>> Hi,

>>> To be clear, for Xen 4.10 it is just a matter of dropping the 3 patches I
>>> suggested. There are actually no clash with the current code.
>>
>> Gentle ping. Is there anything blocking to get those patches in Xen 4.10?
>
> Done! Thanks for the ping!

It looks like the commit 6b270fae7ad462687550a875f714bff18d764416
"xen/arm: Relax ARM_SMCCC_ARCH_WORKAROUND_1 discovery" is missing in Xen
4.10.

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall

* Re: preparations for 4.9.2 and 4.7.5
@ 2018-04-04  9:37                             ` Lars Kurth
From: Lars Kurth @ 2018-04-04  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Grall, Stefano Stabellini
  Cc: Wei Liu, andre.przywara, Jan Beulich, xen-devel, Ian Jackson, nd

Folks,
I have not created the webpages for these. The script I am using to generate these depends on a script in xsa.git, which fails at the moment due to a missing new package dependency that I can't resolve as I don't have root access
Lars

@ 2018-04-04 10:56                               ` Lars Kurth
From: Lars Kurth @ 2018-04-04 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Grall, Stefano Stabellini
  Cc: Wei Liu, andre.przywara, Jan Beulich, xen-devel, Ian Jackson, nd

Alright,
these are now at
* https://xenproject.org/downloads/xen-archives/xen-project-47-series/xen-475.html
* https://xenproject.org/downloads/xen-archives/xen-project-49-series/xen-492.html
Blog post and mails will follow shortly (as Jan is OO today)
Regards
Lars

@ 2018-04-04 21:02                             ` Stefano Stabellini
From: Stefano Stabellini @ 2018-04-04 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Grall
  Cc: Lars Kurth, Stefano Stabellini, Wei Liu, Ian Jackson,
	andre.przywara, Jan Beulich, xen-devel, nd