* How to leverage  IP & UDP checksum offloading from iptables kernel module?
@ 2016-12-20 11:25 Llorente Santos Jesus
From: Llorente Santos Jesus @ 2016-12-20 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter-devel

Hi,

I was trying to build an iptables extension that mangles IPv4 / UDP packets. I want to create a stateless NAT mechanism to mangle either source or destination similar to RAWDNAT/RAWSNAT targets of xtables-addons (http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/precise/man8/xtables-addons.8.html)

However, I wanted to offload the checksum calculation to the NIC, if the feature is supported. I have been looking into the kernel files, skb, ip_forward modules and so on, but I couldn't get a clear picture on how to leverage the offloading to save some CPU cycles and compare both approaches, with and without the offloading.

Any help would be highly appreciated! Thanks!

Best,
Jesus

only message in thread, other threads:[~2016-12-20 11:25 UTC | newest]