* VIDIOC_QUERYCAP: Invalid argument - app from scratch for an USB GENIUS videoCAM Look 310p
@ 2009-09-08  3:33 Guilherme Raymo Longo
From: Guilherme Raymo Longo @ 2009-09-08  3:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: video4linux-list

Good morning gentleman.

I am building my first driver from scratch and I am hanving a hard time
trying to figure all the steps I have to follow to get to what I need to
achieve.

What I am trying to do now is to develop a application to activate my webcam
and to start capturing!

I am getting the following error trying to query the capabilities:

VIDIOC_QUERYCAP: Invalid argument

I am implementing the video capturing interface and that is what I have got
so far:
http://pastebin.com/m4b5bdd36

Could I get some help from here??
My webcam is an usb Genius videoCAM look 310p
I am using Slackware 13 and v4l2 api that I am following from here:
http://v4l2spec.bytesex.org/spec/

It works great on amsn and others applications so I presume I can develop I
application to make it work!

Thanks all in advanced!
Guilherme Longo
Software deloper

* Re: VIDIOC_QUERYCAP: Invalid argument - app from scratch for an USB GENIUS videoCAM Look 310p
@ 2009-09-10 18:03 ` Vinay Verma
From: Vinay Verma @ 2009-09-10 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guilherme Raymo Longo; +Cc: video4linux-list

Hi,

>From the explanation I understand that you have a v4l2 driver ready for your
cam, and are trying to test the same using an application. If that is the
case, why dont you use some standard application like mplayer etc?

Regards
Vinay