* Re: [LARTC] Routing problem on multiple internet link.
@ 2007-02-19 13:30 Rune Kock
From: Rune Kock @ 2007-02-19 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

> DSL Connection A has a handful of IPs, as does connection B.
>
> Requests come from the internet into connection A, and server behind the
> magical gateway box running this tc load balancing responds with a blast of
> data.  Will my ISP drop packets going out on connection B, because they didn't
> come in on that originally?

The best would be to get a special arrangement with your ISP that the
same IPs can be routed over both connections.  But that is often not
possible.

If your gateway sends a packet on line B, but specifies a sender IP
that belongs to line A, your ISP may or may not drop the packet,
depending on whether they have implemented anti-spoofing measures.

If your gateway sends a packet on line B with a sender IP that belongs
to line B, things should be okay, so that is how it is usually done.
But note that the receiver at the other end will not recognise the
packet as being part of a connection if the IP has changed.

So if someone connects to a service on a specific IP, the reply
packets must specify that IP as sender address.

Well, your ISP won't drop the packets.  But the receiver at the other
end will.  If the packets

* Re: [LARTC] Routing problem on  multiple internet link.
@ 2007-02-18 23:57 Bob Puff
From: Bob Puff @ 2007-02-18 23:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

THis might be slightly off-topic, but...

I wasn to have two identical ADSL connections to the same ISP, in order to get
a better upload pipe.

DSL Connection A has a handful of IPs, as does connection B.

Requests come from the internet into connection A, and server behind the
magical gateway box running this tc load balancing responds with a blast of
data.  Will my ISP drop packets going out on connection B, because they didn't
come in on that originally?

Bob