* [Qemu-devel] Intel PXA270 System-on-chip emulation in QEMU
@ 2010-03-01  8:01 Taimoor Mirza
From: Taimoor Mirza @ 2010-03-01  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

Hi all,

I want to know about Intel PXA270 System-on-chip emulation in QEMU. Does this emulation includes "USB client controller" emulation?

Actually I've a USB device application developed using Linux USB Gadget framework and I want to emulate this on QEMU but I am unable to find any USB client controller emulation in QEMU.

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Intel PXA270 System-on-chip emulation in QEMU
@ 2010-03-02 22:52 ` andrzej zaborowski
From: andrzej zaborowski @ 2010-03-02 22:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Taimoor Mirza; +Cc: qemu-devel

Hi Taimoor,

On 1 March 2010 09:01, Taimoor Mirza <mooni_mirza@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I want to know about Intel PXA270 System-on-chip emulation in QEMU. Does
> this emulation includes "USB client controller" emulation?

If you mean usb "slave" or "device" support, no, it's not supported by
Qemu's PXA270 emulator.  There is a framework for this used by another
System-on-chip in qemu, so it can be implemented for PXA270 too.

Cheers

* RE: [Qemu-devel] Intel PXA270 System-on-chip emulation in QEMU
@ 2010-03-03 17:24   ` Taimoor Mirza
From: Taimoor Mirza @ 2010-03-03 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: balrogg; +Cc: qemu-devel

Can you tell me name of any platform which is emulated in QEMU and I can run my USB device application on it? I mean I want to have board(emulated in QEMU) behaving as a mass storage device (running mass storage application).

-Taimoor

@ 2010-03-03 20:51     ` andrzej zaborowski
From: andrzej zaborowski @ 2010-03-03 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Taimoor Mirza; +Cc: qemu-devel

On 3 March 2010 18:24, Taimoor Mirza <mooni_mirza@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Can you tell me name of any platform which is emulated in QEMU and I can run
> my USB device application on it? I mean I want to have board(emulated in
> QEMU) behaving as a mass storage device (running mass storage application).

The N800 and N810 can do this (-M n800, -M n810), but it isn't easy to
get a guest linux set up for these devices, so you're probably best
off doing your testing on a PC using GadgetFS and the Dummy HCD
driver.

If you really want to test using -M n800, here's some guide:
http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2008/04/11/nokia-n800-emulation/ (and
some of the following post blogs).

Cheers