* just a thank you for the TCG tests in tests/tcg
@ 2021-03-12 10:03 Claudio Fontana
From: Claudio Fontana @ 2021-03-12 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Bennee; +Cc: qemu-devel

Hi Alex,

just wanted to say thanks for the TCG tests in tests/tcg.

They caught things during my work that nothing else was catching.

In particular, the test-armv6m-undef test:

qemu/tests/tcg/arm/test-armv6m-undef.S

caught a nasty bug that I risked introducing.

So, thanks!

Ciao,

Claudio

--
Claudio Fontana
Engineering Manager Virtualization, SUSE Labs Core

SUSE Software Solutions Italy Srl

* Re: just a thank you for the TCG tests in tests/tcg
@ 2021-03-12 17:21 ` Alex Bennée
From: Alex Bennée @ 2021-03-12 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Claudio Fontana; +Cc: qemu-devel

Claudio Fontana <cfontana@suse.de> writes:

> Hi Alex,
>
> just wanted to say thanks for the TCG tests in tests/tcg.
>
> They caught things during my work that nothing else was catching.
>
> In particular, the test-armv6m-undef test:
>
> qemu/tests/tcg/arm/test-armv6m-undef.S
>
> caught a nasty bug that I risked introducing.
>
> So, thanks!

I'm glad they are helpful. It's nice seeing new architectures coming
with a series of smoke tests these days. It will probably never fully
replace the exhaustive testing of something like LTP or RISU but it's
good to know they are useful ;-)

--
Alex Bennée