* Problem using tc-sfq with tc-flow for arbitrary hashing
@ 2017-03-28 20:48 Carmelo Cascone
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Carmelo Cascone @ 2017-03-28 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

Hi all,

I have a problem in configuring tc-sfq along with tc-flow. I would like to hash packets not using the UDP/TCP 5-tuple (default beahvior of tc-sfq), but simply the pair <ipsrc, ipdst>. I’m having hard time using tc-flow and finding help on the web, as such I decided to drop an email to this list.

The commands and error I get are:

$ tc qdisc add dev eth6 root handle 1: sfq
$ tc filter add dev eth6 parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 1 flow hash keys src,dst perturb 30 divisor 1024
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
We have an error talking to the kernel

I’m issuing these commands on a Debian 9 with a kernel v4.9.16
Please note that the tc filter command is the same used in the tc-sfq documentation.

What am I doing wrong? What is the invalid argument?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Carmelo Cascone
—
http://ccascone.net